Dr Ben Coghlan works on a variety of topics across epidemiological training and studies including mortality surveys in resource-constrained settings, emerging infections and control of communicable diseases, and impact evaluation of health programs.
Ben is a doctoral research candidate with the Monash University’s School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine. He also supports MPH teaching in field methods for program planning and evaluation, and in the health of refugee populations.
2017: Program Director, Expansion Programs (Health Security), Burnet Institute
- MBBS, University of Melbourne
- MPH&TM, James Cook University
- Consequences of the evolutionary cardiovascular challenge of human bipedalism: orthostatic intolerance syndromes, orthostatic hypertension.
Esler M, Julius S, Coghlan B, Sari CI, Guo L, Esler D
J Hypertens. 2019 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Harnessing synergies at the interface of public health and the security sector.
Thomson N, Littlejohn M, Strathdee SA, Southby RF, Coghlan B, Rosenfeld JV, Galvani AP
Lancet. 2019 Jan; 393(10168):207-209
- Timing of influenza vaccination in an Australian community-based surveillance system, 2010-2014.
Coghlan B, Carlson S, Leder K, Dalton C, Cheng AC
Commun Dis Intell Q Rep. 2016 Sep; 40(3):E347-350
- Estimates of influenza vaccine coverage from Victorian surveillance systems based in the community, primary care and hospitals.
Coghlan B, Kelly HA, Carlson SJ, Grant KA, Leder K, Dalton CB, Cheng AC
Commun Dis Intell Q Rep. 2016 Jun; 40(2):E204-E206
- The impact on child wasting of a capacity building project implemented by community and district health staff in rural Lao PDR.
Coghlan B, Toole MJ, Chanlivong N, Kounnavong S, Vongsaiya K, Renzaho A
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2014 Feb; 23(1):105-111
- Fortnightly emergency department case-file audit for timely detection of missed cases of suspicious injury.
Amanda Gwee, Benjamin Coghlan, Cate Rayner, Anne Smith, David Krieser
Med J Aust. 2014 Jan; 200(1):23
- Neonatal Vancomycin Continuous Infusions: Still a Confusion?
Gwee A, Cranswick N, Metz D, Coghlan B, Daley AJ, Bryant P, Curtis N
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan; 33(6):600-605
- Are hard-to-reach populations being reached with immunization services? Findings from the 2005 Papua New Guinea national immunization coverage survey.
Toikilik S, Tuges G, Lagani J, Wafiware E, Posanai E, Coghlan B, Morgan C, Sweeney R, Miller N, Abramov A, Stewart A, Clements CJ
Vaccine. 2010 Jun; 28(29):4673-4679
- Global control of hepatitis B virus: does treatment-induced antigenic change affect immunization?
Clements CJ, Coghlan B, Creati M, Locarnini S, Tedder RS, Torresi J
Bull World Health Organ. 2010 Jan; 88(1):66-73
- Low frequency of poultry-to-human H5NI virus transmission, southern Cambodia, 2005.
Vong S, Coghlan B, Mardy S, Holl D, Seng H, Ly S, Miller MJ, Buchy P, Froehlich Y, Dufourcq JB, Uyeki T, Lim W, Sok T
Emerg Infect Dis. 2006 Oct; 12(10):1542-1547
- Understanding male sexual behaviour in planning HIV prevention programmes: lessons from Laos, a low prevalence country.
Toole MJ, Coghlan B, Xeuatvongsa A, Holmes WR, Pheualavong S, Chanlivong N
Sex Transm Infect. 2006 Apr; 82(2):135-138
- Avian influenza: Clinical and epidemiological information for paramedics and emergency healthcare workers
Smith E, Coghlan B, Leder K
J Emerg Prim Health Care. 2006 Jan; 4(1):990175
News Articles (8)