Alexa is a passionate and experienced international development and global health professional with a background in program management, consulting, research, epidemiology, and health communication. Her previous experience includes working as an epidemiologist for a state-wide tuberculosis program, coordinating SRHR programs in six countries in the Pacific, leading the expansion of partnerships on NCD research in Africa, and implementing the first cervical screening and treatment program in Tuvalu. Her motivation for being involved in any program or partnership lies in eliminating health disparities and inequity via sustainable program development.
- Jan. 2022 – Jun. 2022, Program Manager – Africa Initiative, The George Institute for Global Health
- Jan. 2021 – Present Global Health Consultant, ALM Consulting
- Feb. 2021 – Dec. 2021, International Program Coordinator, Family Planning NSW
- Oct. 2019 – Oct. 2020 TB & Refugee Health Epidemiologist / COVID-19 Response Supervisor, Indiana State Department of Health
- Sep. 2019 – Oct. 2019 Public Health Administrator II, Chicago Department of Public Health
- Sep. 2018 – May 2019 Global Programming and Engagement, Timmy Global Health
- 2019 Masters in Public Health, Focus in Global Health, George Washington University, Milken Institute of Public Health
- 2017 Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, Minor in Psychology, Indiana University, College of Arts and Sciences
- 2016 University of Adelaide
Building a Centre of Excellence for Research and Training for DR-TB in Daru, Papua New Guinea
RID-TB: Reducing the Impact of Drug-Resistant TB in Western Province, PNG
- Contact screening and management in a high-transmission MDR-TB setting in Papua New Guinea: Progress, challenges and future directions
Majumdar SS, Islam S, Huang GKL, Morris L, Bauri M, Chan G, Kama G, Keam T, Peacock-Smith A, Finch S, Marukutira T, Bhatt S, Drewett G, Wratten M, Murray A, Pank N, Masah C, Bala R, Umali S, Kalon S, Greig J, Chani K, Kal M and Graham SM
Front. Trop. Dis. 2023 Jan; 3:1085401.
News Articles (1)