Amrita is an infectious diseases specialist with an interest in equity in health care, global health, combating antimicrobial resistance, rational use of antimicrobials, tuberculosis programming and health systems strengthening.
She has more than ten years of clinical experience and holds an appointment as staff specialist at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney where she is also clinical co lead of the Antimicrobial Stewardship program.
She has previously worked in PNG, Sierra Leone and Uzbekistan across various roles including clinical care, research and health systems strengthening.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Physicians
- Member of Australian Society of Infectious Diseases
- Member of Australasian Society of HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine
- Member of Sydney Institute for Infectious Diseases
- Executive member of Australasian Tuberculosis Forum
- 2021: Senior Technical Advisor Antimicrobial Resistance Fleming Fund Country Grant, Burnet Institute
- 2020–ongoing: Infectious Diseases Staff Specialist Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney
- 2019: HIV/Infectious Diseases Fellow – Prince of Wales Hospital/The Albion Centre/Long Bay Jail, Sydney Australia
- 2018: Infectious Diseases Advanced Trainee – St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney Australia
- 2017: Technical Advisor to National Tuberculosis Program of Sierra Leone Solthis
- 2016-2017: Field Technical Coordinator and Infectious Diseases Officer, RID-TB Project, Daru, Papua New Guinea, Centre for International Health, Burnet Institute
- 2015: Infectious Diseases fellow, Médecins Sans Frontières, Uzbekistan
- 2014: Infectious Diseases Advanced Trainee - Concord Repatriation General Hospital, Sydney Australia
- 2019: Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Physicians Infectious Diseases, Infectious Diseases
- 2019: Masters of Infectious Diseases Intelligence awarded with Excellence; University of NSW
- 2016: Diploma Of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene; Gorgas Course In Clinical Tropical Medicine
- 2010: Masters of Public Health awarded with Merit; University of Sydney, Australia
- 2007: Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Medical Science; University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- 2007: Bachelor Arts, Major in Philosophy; University of New South Wales/Queens University Kingston Canada