Mellissa has a clinical nursing background as a senior research coordinator in infectious diseases, clinical trial site management experience via industry and public health organisations positions.
Her various roles have permitted Mellissa to work with marginalised populations in accessing new health care treatments.
Australian Nurses and Midwives Federation
- current – Senior Researcher Burnet Institute
- current - Senior Clinical Trial Coordinator, Infectious Diseases Alfred Health (part time)
- current- Affiliated Position with Monash University – Central Clinical School –Dept of Medicine
- Site Manager Bristol Myers Squibb
- Clinical Research Coordinator, Infectious Diseases, Monash Health
- Nurse Bank Homeless People Program RDNS
- Clinical Research Coordinator, Rheumatology Department Monash Health
- Graduate Diploma in Community Health Nursing (Victoria University)
- Registered Nurse
EC Australia: Eliminate Hepatitis C Australia Partnership
EC Partnership: Eliminate Hepatitis C Partnership
The Optimise Study: Optimising Isolation, Quarantine and Distancing for COVID-19
- Barriers to hepatitis C treatment among secondary needle and syringe program clients and opportunities to intervene.
Gunn J, McNally S, Ryan J, Layton C, Bryant M, Walker S, O'Mahony C, Pedrana A.
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jul; 96:103387
- Increasing hepatitis C testing and linkage to care: Results of a testing campaign with incentives at primary care clinics in Melbourne, Australia.
Chan K, Elsum I, Gold J, Layton C, Accadia L, Bryant M, Gunn J, Djordjevic F, Purcell I, Dicka J, Forrest M, Crawford S, Hellard M, Pedrana A; Eliminate Hepatitis C Partnership
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Jan; 28(3):569-572