Steph is completing Australia’s field epidemiology training program, the Master of Philosophy (Applied Epidemiology), through the Australian National University, with a joint placement between Burnet Institute and Alfred Health. She has a background in research, community development and emergency response, and enjoys working with data with the aim of improving health outcomes.
- 2020 - Present: Epidemiologist - the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
- 2019 - Present: Community Health and Harm Reduction Worker - the Salvation Army
- 2018-2020: Research Assistant - Alfred Health
- 2018: Research Assistant - Deakin University
- 2017-2018: Research Assistant - the University of Melbourne
- 2017: Intern - Pan American Health Organization, Washington D.C.
- 2018: Master of Public Health (Health Economics and Economic Evaluation) - The University of Melbourne
- 2015: Bachelor of Arts (Global) - Monash University
- 2015: Diploma of Project Management - Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- 2020: Master of Philosophy (Applied Epidemiology) Scholarship
- 2014: New Colombo Plan Scholarship
Sexual health and STIs among people who use drugs❗Student Projects Available
SuperMIX: The Melbourne Injecting Drug User Cohort Study
The Optimise Study: Optimising Isolation, Quarantine and Distancing for COVID-19
- Prevalence of healthcare-associated infections and antimicrobial use among inpatients in a tertiary hospital in Fiji: a point prevalence survey.
M J Loftus, S J Curtis, R Naidu, A C Cheng, A W J Jenney, B G Mitchell, P L Russo, E Rafai, A Y Peleg, A J Stewardson
Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2020 Aug; 9(1):146
- An audit of nitrofurantoin use in three Australian hospitals.
Rixt A Wijma, Stephanie J Curtis, Kelly A Cairns, Anton Y Peleg, Andrew J Stewardson
Infect Dis Health. 2020 Mar; 25(2):124-129
- Performance of the Hospital-Acquired Complication (HAC) algorithm for detecting hospital-onset bloodstream infections.
Stephanie J. Curtis SJ, Worth LJ, Stuart RL, Marshall C, PJohnson PDR, Attwood LO, Lee AS, Cheng AC, Stewardson AJ
Infection, Disease & Health. 2019 Nov; 24:S6-S7
- Strategies to reduce non-ventilator-associated hospital-acquired pneumonia: A systematic review.
Brett G Mitchell, Philip L Russo, Allen C Cheng, Andrew J Stewardson, Hannah Rosebrock, Stephanie J Curtis, Sophia Robinson, Martin Kiernan
Infect Dis Health. 2019 Nov; 24(4):229-239