Dr Thi Nguyen joined Burnet Institute in 2019 as a Data Manager. Before joining Burnet, Thi was a Research Fellow in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore where he was responsible for designing and developing natural language processing algorithms for infectious disease surveillance.
Thi received a PhD and a first-class honours degree, both in computer science, from La Trobe University in 2013 and 2008 respectively. Thi commenced a Master of Biostatistics in 2020 at the University of Melbourne to expand his knowledge of public health, epidemiology and biostatistics.
Thi is interested in health data analysis, data management, biostatistics, machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing.
- 2019 - present: Data Manager, Burnet Institute, Melbourne
- 2019: Research Collaborator and Academic, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- 2013-2015: Research Fellow, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- 2009-2013: PhD Candidate, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- 2020 – present: Master of Biostatistics, University of Melbourne, Melbourne
- 2013: PhD (CompSci), La Trobe University, Melbourne
- 2008: Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons), La Trobe University, Melbourne
- 2007: Bachelor of Computer Science, La Trobe University, Melbourne