Katherine commenced as a research project officer in maternal and child health at Burnet Institute while completing a Masters of Public Health at the University of Melbourne. Her areas of specialisation include health economics and economic evaluation, qualitative evidence synthesis, and gender and maternal health.
Prior to her career shift to public health, Katherine worked in economic regulation and competition policy as an assistant director at the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), conducting economic and data analysis and providing policy advice on competition matters for the benefit of Australian consumers.
- 2020: International Health Project Officer, Global Women’s and Newborns Health, Burnet Institute
2020: Masters of Public Health, University of Melbourne, Australia
2009: Bachelor of Commerce (economics) and Bachelor of Arts (history), Monash University, Australia
Cost-effectiveness evidence for maternal and perinatal health interventions
Cost-effectiveness of antenatal corticosteroids for women at risk of imminent preterm birth in the early preterm period in low resource countries
Implementing the WHO Labour Care Guide to reduce the use of Caesarean section in four hospitals in India
Living guidelines in maternal and perinatal health
WHO recommendations on antenatal corticosteroids and tocolytics for improving preterm birth outcomes
- Factors affecting the use of antibiotics and antiseptics to prevent maternal infection at birth: A global mixed-methods systematic review.
Eddy KE, Zahroh RI, Bohren MA, Bonet M, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
PLoS One. 2022 Sep; 17(9):e0272982
- Factors influencing appropriate use of interventions for management of women experiencing preterm birth: A mixed-methods systematic review and narrative synthesis.
Zahroh RI, Hazfiarini A, Eddy KE, Vogel JP, Tunçalp Ӧ, Minckas N, Althabe F, Oladapo OT, Bohren MA
PLoS Med. 2022 Aug; 19(8):e1004074
- Cost-effectiveness of antenatal corticosteroids and tocolytic agents in the management of preterm birth: A systematic review.
Sebastian E, Bykersma C, Eggleston A, Eddy KE, Chim ST, Zahroh RI, Scott N, Chou D, Oladapo OT, Vogel JP
EClinicalMedicine. 2022 Jul; 49:101496
- Systematic review on the cost and cost-effectiveness of mHealth interventions supporting women during pregnancy.
Carrandi A, Hu Y, Karger S, Eddy KE, Vogel JP, Harrison CL, Callander E
Women Birth. 2022 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Factors affecting use of magnesium sulphate for pre-eclampsia or eclampsia: a qualitative evidence synthesis.
Eddy KE, Vogel JP, Islamiah Zahroh R, Bohren MA
BJOG. 2022 Feb; 129(3):379-391
- How do women, men, and health providers perceive interventions to influence men's engagement in maternal and newborn health? A qualitative evidence synthesis.
Comrie-Thomson L, Gopal P, Eddy K, Baguiya A, Gerlach N, Sauvé C, Portela A
Soc Sci Med. 2021 Oct; 291:114475
- Clinical guidelines for caring for women with COVID-19 during pregnancy, childbirth and the immediate postpartum period.
Pavlidis P, Eddy K, Phung L, Farrington E, Connolly M, Lopes R, Wilson AN, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
Women Birth. 2021 Jan; 34(5):455-464