Lindi has been involved in HIV and genital microbiome and immunology research for over 10 years. She completed her Ph.D. in Medical Virology at UCT in South Africa in 2012, followed by a two-year postdoctoral fellowship, also at UCT.
Since then, she has received multiple research grants from local and international funding agencies, including an Australian National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Investigator award, two National Institutes of Health RO1 awards, a European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) grant, and a Carnegie Emerging Academic Leaders award.
Lindi’s key collaborators include researchers at the University of Cape Town (South Africa), FHI 360 (US), Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (South Africa), Seattle Children’s Hospital (US), Virginia Commonwealth University (US), and the Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa.
She is currently leading or co-leading two clinical cohort studies and a translational research study in South Africa. The primary focus of this research is to understand the socio-behavioural and biological factors associated with HIV acquisition risk in South African women and to develop tools to reduce this risk. An exciting and emerging area of her work aims to address non-optimal microbiota and resultant adverse maternal, sexual and reproductive outcomes in Australian women.
- 2019-present: Honorary Research Associate, University of Cape Town
- 2019-present: Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Monash University
- 2015-present: Honorary Scientist of the Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa (CAPRISA)
- 2020-present: Senior Research Fellow, Life Sciences Discipline, Burnet Institute
- 2019: Senior Lecturer and Principal Investigator, Division of Medical Virology, UCT
- 2014-2018: Lecturer and Principal Investigator, Division of Medical Virology, UCT
- 2012-2014: Postdoctoral Fellowship, Division of Medical Virology, UCT
- 2012: Scientific Consultant, FHI 360 (USA) and Institute for Tropical Medicine (Belgium)
- 2007: Scientific Officer, Division of Medical Virology, UCT
- 2005: Microbiology tutor, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, UCT
- 2012: Ph.D. in Medical Virology, University of Cape Town (UCT)
- 2007: M.Sc. (Med) in Pharmacology, UCT
- 2004: B.Sc. (Med)(Hons) in Pharmacology with Distinction, UCT
- 2003: B.Sc. in Microbiology and Genetics with Distinction in Microbiology and Genetics, UCT
- 2017-2020: Carnegie Corporation Developing Emerging Academic Leaders Award
- 2016: Colin Kaplan Award for the young researcher with the highest impact research in Medical Virology at UCT
- 2016: UCT Faculty of Health Sciences Early Career Best Paper in Basic Sciences 2015
- 2014-2019: South African National Research Foundation Research Career Advancement Award
- 2014-2016: Clinical Infectious Diseases Research Initiative (Wellcome Trust) Fellowship
- 2008-2013: Poliomyelitis Research Foundation Scholarships
- 2011: Carnegie Corporation Research Award; CROI Young Investigator Award; Second place for oral presentation given at the UCT Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences Annual Research Day
- 2010: XVIII International AIDS Conference Travel Award; Third place for oral presentation given at The World IUSTI Conference
- 2009: South African AIDS Vaccine Conference Travel Award
- 2008-2009: Benfara Bursary; KW Johnston Bursary; Harry Crossley Scholarship
- 2008: HIV Pathogenesis Keystone Symposium Travel Award; University of Columbia – South African Fogarty AIDS Short-Term Training Scholarship
- 2006: Marion Beatrice Waddell Scholarship
- 2005-2010: South African Medical Research Council Scholarships
- 2004: Benfara Scholarship
- 2003: Dean’s Merit List; Class Medal for Molecular Microbial Genetics; Class Medal for Molecular Virology and Advanced Microbial Genetics; UCT Merit Scholarship
- 2002: Dean’s Merit List
- 2001: UCT Entrance Merit Scholarship
- 1999: Merit award for academic achievement with distinctions in Art and Biology; Academic Colours (Diocesan School for Girls)
A GIFT (Genital Inflammation Test) for HIV Prevention
Depo Provera and Beyond
Mucosal injury from sexual contact (MISC)
The role of female genital tract microbial function in inflammation and HIV infection risk.
- Lactic acid from vaginal microbiota enhances cervicovaginal epithelial barrier integrity by promoting tight junction protein expression.
Delgado-Diaz DJ, Jesaveluk B, Hayward JA, Tyssen D, Alisoltani A, Potgieter M, Bell L, Ross E, Iranzadeh A, Allali I, Dabee S, Barnabas S, Gamieldien H, Blackburn JM, Mulder N, Smith SB, Edwards VL, Burgener AD, Bekker LG, Ravel J, Passmore JS, Masson L, Hearps AC, Tachedjian G
Microbiome. 2022 Aug; 10(1):141
- Genital inflammatory status and the innate immune response to contraceptive initiation.
Radzey N, Harryparsad R, Meyer B, Chen PL, Gao X, Morrison C, Taku O, Williamson AL, Mehou-Loko C, d'Hellencourt FL, Buck G, Smit J, Strauss J, Nanda K, Ahmed K, Beksinska M, Serrano M, Bailey V, Masson L, Deese J
Am J Reprod Immunol. 2022 Apr; 88(2):e13542
- Reconceptualizing bacterial vaginosis treatment.
Masson L, Abrahams AG, Manhanzva MT
Nat Microbiol. 2022 Mar; 7(3):365-366
- Impact of point-of-care testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections and bacterial vaginosis on genital tract inflammatory cytokines in a cohort of young South African women.
Nigel Garrett, Andile Mtshali, Farzana Osman, Lindi Masson, Lyle R McKinnon, Ravesh Singh, Nireshni Mitchev, Hope Ngobese, Ayesha B M Kharsany, Salim Abdool Karim, Koleka Mlisana, Jo-Ann Passmore, Anne Rompalo, Adrian Mindel, Lenine Liebenberg
Sex Transm Infect. 2021 Dec; 97(8):555-565
- The Effect of Exogenous Sex Steroids on the Vaginal Microbiota: A Systematic Review.
Ratten LK, Plummer EL, Bradshaw CS, Fairley CK, Murray GL, Garland SM, Bateson D, Tachedjian G, Masson L, Vodstrcil LA
Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2021 Nov; 11:732423
- Recent Advances and New Challenges in Cisgender Women's Gynecologic and Obstetric Health in the Context of HIV.
Deese J, Heffron R, Jaspan H, Masson L, Smit JA, Sibeko S
Clin Obstetr Gynecol. 2021 Sep; 64(3):475-490
- Il4ra-independent vaginal eosinophil accumulation following helminth infection exacerbates epithelial ulcerative pathology of HSV-2 infection.
Chetty A, Darby MG, Vornewald PM, Martín-Alonso M, Filz A, Ritter M, McSorley HJ, Masson L, Smith K, Brombacher F, O'Shea MK, Cunningham AF, Ryffel B, Oudhoff MJ, Dewals BG, Layland LE, Horsnell WGC
Cell Host Microbe. 2021 Apr; 29(4):579-593
- Lactic acid-containing products for bacterial vaginosis and their impact on the vaginal microbiota: A systematic review.
Plummer EL, Bradshaw CS, Doyle M, Fairley CK, Murray GL, Bateson D, Masson L, Slifirski J, Tachedjian G, Vodstrcil LA
PLoS One. 2021 Feb; 16(2):e0246953
- Microbial function and genital inflammation in young South African women at high risk of HIV infection.
Alisoltani A, Manhanzva MT, Potgieter M, Balle C, Bell L, Ross E, Iranzadeh A, du Plessis M, Radzey N, McDonald Z, Calder B, Allali I, Mulder N, Dabee S, Barnabas S, Gamieldien H, Godzik A, Blackburn JM, Tabb DL, Bekker LG, Jaspan HB, Passmore JS, Masson L
Microbiome. 2020 Nov; 8(1):165
- Impact of Hormonal Contraceptives on Cervical T-helper 17 Phenotype and Function in Adolescents.
Iyaloo N Konstantinus, Christina Balle, Shameem Z Jaumdally, Hoyam Galmieldien, Tanya Pidwell, Lindi Masson, Ramla F Tanko, Anna-Ursula Happel, Musalula Sinkala, Landon Myer, Steven E Bosinger, Katherine Gill, Linda-Gail Bekker, Heather B Jaspan, Jo-Ann S Passmore
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Oct; 71(7):e76-e87
- HIV-1 subtype C transmitted founders modulate dendritic cell inflammatory responses.
Lumngwena EN, Metenou S, Masson L, Cicala C, Arthos J, Woodman Z
Retrovirology. 2020 Jul; 17(1):17
- Inflammatory and antimicrobial properties differ between vaginal Lactobacillus isolates from South African women with non-optimal versus optimal microbiota.
Manhanzva MT, Abrahams AG, Gamieldien H, Froissart R, Jaspan H, Jaumdally SZ, Barnabas SL, Dabee S, Bekker LG, Gray G, Passmore JS, Masson L
Sci Rep. 2020 Apr; 10(1):6196
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection Is Associated With Preterm Delivery Independent of Vaginal Microbiota in Pregnant African Women.
Muchaneta Gudza-Mugabe, Enock Havyarimana, Shameem Jaumdally, Kirsty Lee Garson, Katie Lennard, Andrew Tarupiwa, Fortunate Mugabe, Tarisai Marere, Rooyen T Mavenyengwa, Lindi Masson, Heather B Jaspan
J Infect Dis. 2020 Mar; 221(7):1194-1203
- A mucosal barrier for topical HIV PrEP?
Lindi Masson, Lyle R McKinnon
Lancet HIV. 2019 Aug; 6(8):e484-e485
- Evidence for both Intermittent and Persistent Compartmentalization of HIV-1 in the Female Genital Tract.
Batsirai M Mabvakure, Bronwen E Lambson, Kavisha Ramdayal, Lindi Masson, Dale Kitchin, Mushal Allam, Salim Abdool Karim, Carolyn Williamson, Jo-Ann Passmore, Darren P Martin, Cathrine Scheepers, Penny L Moore, Gordon W Harkins, Lynn Morris
J Virol. 2019 May; 93(10)
- Antimicrobial and inflammatory properties of South African clinical Lactobacillus isolates and vaginal probiotics.
Emily Chetwin, Monalisa T Manhanzva, Andrea G Abrahams, Remy Froissart, Hoyam Gamieldien, Heather Jaspan, Shameem Z Jaumdally, Shaun L Barnabas, Smritee Dabee, Anna-Ursula Happel, Desiree Bowers, Lester Davids, Jo-Ann S Passmore, Lindi Masson
Sci Rep. 2019 Feb; 9(1):1917
- Inflammatory cytokine biomarkers of asymptomatic sexually transmitted infections and vaginal dysbiosis: a multicentre validation study.
Lindi Masson, Shaun Barnabas, Jennifer Deese, Katie Lennard, Smritee Dabee, Hoyam Gamieldien, Shameem Z Jaumdally, Anna-Lise Williamson, Francesca Little, Lut Van Damme, Khatija Ahmed, Tania Crucitti, Said Abdellati, Linda-Gail Bekker, Glenda Gray, Janan Dietrich, Heather Jaspan, Jo-Ann S Passmore
Sex Transm Infect. 2019 Feb; 95(1):5-12
- The evolving facets of bacterial vaginosis: implications for HIV transmission.
McKinnon LR, Achilles S, Bradshaw CS, Burgener A, Crucitti T, Fredricks DN, Jaspan HB, Kaul R, Kaushic C, Klatt N, Kwon DS, Marrazzo JM, Masson L, McClelland S, Ravel J, van de Wijgert JHHM, Vodstrcil LA, Tachedjian G
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2019 Jan; 35(3):219-228
- Residual T cell activation and skewed CD8+ T cell memory differentiation despite antiretroviral therapy-induced HIV suppression.
Ramla F Tanko, Andreia P Soares, Lindi Masson, Nigel J Garrett, Natasha Samsunder, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S Abdool Karim, Catherine Riou, Wendy A Burgers
Clin Immunol. 2018 Oct; 195:127-138
- Lower genital tract cytokine profiles in South African women living with HIV: influence of mucosal sampling.
Shameem Z Jaumdally, Lindi Masson, Heidi E Jones, Smritee Dabee, Donald R Hoover, Hoyam Gamieldien, Nontokozo Langwenya, Landon Myer, Catherine S Todd, Jo-Ann S Passmore
Sci Rep. 2018 Aug; 8(1):12203
- Genital inflammation undermines the effectiveness of tenofovir gel in preventing HIV acquisition in women.
Lyle R McKinnon, Lenine J Liebenberg, Nonhlanhla Yende-Zuma, Derseree Archary, Sinaye Ngcapu, Aida Sivro, Nico Nagelkerke, Jose Gerardo Garcia Lerma, Angela D Kashuba, Lindi Masson, Leila E Mansoor, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S Abdool Karim, Jo-Ann S Passmore
Nat Med. 2018 May; 24(4):491-496
- Converging epidemics of sexually transmitted infections and bacterial vaginosis in southern African female adolescents at risk of HIV.
Shaun L Barnabas, Smritee Dabee, Jo-Ann S Passmore, Heather B Jaspan, David A Lewis, Shameem Z Jaumdally, Hoyam Gamieldien, Lindi Masson, Etienne Muller, Venessa D Maseko, Nonhlanhla Mkhize, Zizipho Mbulawa, Anna-Lise Williamson, Clive M Gray, Thomas J Hope, Francesca Chiodi, Janan Dietrich, Glenda Gray, Linda-Gail Bekker
Int J STD AIDS. 2018 May; 29(6):531-539
- CCR5 expression, haplotype and immune activation in protection from infection in HIV-exposed uninfected individuals in HIV-serodiscordant relationships.
Shameem Z Jaumdally, Anabela Picton, Caroline T Tiemessen, Maria Paximadis, Heather B Jaspan, Hoyam Gamieldien, Lindi Masson, David Coetzee, Anna-Lise Williamson, Francesca Little, Pamela P Gumbi, Jo-Ann S Passmore
Immunology. 2017 Aug; 151(4):464-473
- Advancing Understanding of HIV Infection in Women Through Mucosal Immunology Studies.
Passmore, Jo-Ann S., Lenine L. Liebenberg, Nonhlanhla N. Mkhize, Derseree Archary, Lindi Masson
in The CAPRISA Clinical Trials: HIV Treatmentr and Prevention (Springer International Publishing). 2017 Jul
- Genital-Systemic Chemokine Gradients and the Risk of HIV Acquisition in Women.
Lenine J P Liebenberg, Lindi Masson, Kelly B Arnold, Lyle R Mckinnon, Lise Werner, Elizabeth Proctor, Derseree Archary, Leila E Mansoor, Douglas A Lauffenburger, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S Abdool Karim, Jo-Ann S Passmore
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017 Mar; 74(3):318-325
- Cervicovaginal Inflammation Facilitates Acquisition of Less Infectious HIV Variants.
Philippe Selhorst, Lindi Masson, Sherazaan D Ismail, Natasha Samsunder, Nigel Garrett, Leila E Mansoor, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S Abdool Karim, Jo-Ann S Passmore, Carolyn Williamson
Clin Infect Dis. 2017 Jan; 64(1):79-82
- Metabolic Syndrome After HIV Acquisition in South African Women.
Magdalena E Sobieszczyk, Lise Werner, Koleka Mlisana, Nivashnee Naicker, Addi Feinstein, Clive M Gray, Lindi Masson, Jo-Ann S Passmore, Carolyn Williamson, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S Abdool Karim, Nigel J Garrett
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2016 Dec; 73(4):438-445
- Female genital tract inflammation, HIV co-infection and persistent mucosal Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infections.
Jean-Mari Kriek, Shameem Z Jaumdally, Lindi Masson, Francesca Little, Zizipho Mbulawa, Pamela P Gumbi, Shaun L Barnabas, Jennifer Moodley, Lynette Denny, David Coetzee, Anna-Lise Williamson, Jo-Ann S Passmore
Virology. 2016 Jun; 493:247-254
- Inflammatory cytokine biomarkers to identify women with asymptomatic sexually transmitted infections and bacterial vaginosis who are at high risk of HIV infection.
Lindi Masson, Kelly B Arnold, Francesca Little, Koleka Mlisana, David A Lewis, Nonhlanhla Mkhize, Hoyam Gamieldien, Sinaye Ngcapu, Leigh Johnson, Douglas A Lauffenburger, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S Abdool Karim, Jo-Ann S Passmore
Sex Transm Infect. 2016 May; 92(3):186-193
- Genital inflammation, immune activation and risk of sexual HIV acquisition.
Jo-Ann S Passmore, Heather B Jaspan, Lindi Masson
Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2016 Mar; 11(2):156-162
- Increased levels of inflammatory cytokines in the female reproductive tract are associated with altered expression of proteases, mucosal barrier proteins, and an influx of HIV-susceptible target cells.
Kelly B Arnold, Adam Burgener, Kenzie Birse, Laura Romas, Laura J Dunphy, Kamnoosh Shahabi, Max Abou, Garrett R Westmacott, Stuart McCorrister, Jessie Kwatampora, Billy Nyanga, Joshua Kimani, Lindi Masson, Lenine J Liebenberg, Salim S Abdool Karim, Jo-Ann S Passmore, Douglas A Lauffenburger, Rupert Kaul, Lyle R McKinnon
Mucosal Immunol. 2016 Jan; 9(1):194-205
- Relationship between female genital tract infections, mucosal interleukin-17 production and local T helper type 17 cells.
Lindi Masson, Amy L Salkinder, Abraham Jacobus Olivier, Lyle R McKinnon, Hoyam Gamieldien, Koleka Mlisana, Thomas J Scriba, David A Lewis, Francesca Little, Heather B Jaspan, Katharina Ronacher, Lynette Denny, Salim S Abdool Karim, Jo-Ann S Passmore
Immunology. 2015 Dec; 146(4):557-567
- Innate Antibacterial Activity in Female Genital Tract Secretions Is Associated with Increased Risk of HIV Acquisition.
Rebecca Pellett Madan, Lindi Masson, Jessica Tugetman, Lise Werner, Anneke Grobler, Koleka Mlisana, Yungtai Lo, Denise Che, Kelly B Arnold, Salim S Abdool Karim, Jo-Ann S Passmore, Betsy C Herold
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2015 Nov; 31(11):1153-1159
- Injectable Progestin-Only Contraception is Associated With Increased Levels of Pro-Inflammatory Cytokines in the Female Genital Tract.
Jennifer Deese, Lindi Masson, William Miller, Myron Cohen, Charles Morrison, Meng Wang, Khatija Ahmed, Kawango Agot, Tania Crucitti, Said Abdellati, Lut Van Damme
Am J Reprod Immunol. 2015 Oct; 74(4):357-367
- Restoration of CD4+ Responses to Copathogens in HIV-Infected Individuals on Antiretroviral Therapy Is Dependent on T Cell Memory Phenotype.
Catherine Riou, Ramla F Tanko, Andreia P Soares, Lindi Masson, Lise Werner, Nigel J Garrett, Natasha Samsunder, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S Abdool Karim, Wendy A Burgers
J Immunol. 2015 Sep; 195(5):2273-2281
- Lower concentrations of chemotactic cytokines and soluble innate factors in the lower female genital tract associated with the use of injectable hormonal contraceptive.
Sinaye Ngcapu, Lindi Masson, Sengeziwe Sibeko, Lise Werner, Lyle R McKinnon, Koleka Mlisana, Muki Shey, Natasha Samsunder, Salim Abdool Karim, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Jo-Ann S Passmore
J Reprod Immunol. 2015 Aug; 110:14-21
- Genital inflammation and the risk of HIV acquisition in women.
Lindi Masson, Jo-Ann S Passmore, Lenine J Liebenberg, Lise Werner, Cheryl Baxter, Kelly B Arnold, Carolyn Williamson, Francesca Little, Leila E Mansoor, Vivek Naranbhai, Douglas A Lauffenburger, Katharina Ronacher, Gerhard Walzl, Nigel J Garrett, Brent L Williams, Mara Couto-Rodriguez, Mady Hornig, W Ian Lipkin, Anneke Grobler, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S Abdool Karim
Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Jul; 61(2):260-269
- South African HIV-1 subtype C transmitted variants with a specific V2 motif show higher dependence on alpha4beta7 for replication.
Simone I Richardson, Elin S Gray, Nonhlanhla N Mkhize, Daniel J Sheward, Bronwen E Lambson, Constantinos Kurt Wibmer, Lindi Masson, Lise Werner, Nigel Garrett, Jo-Ann S Passmore, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S Abdool Karim, Carolyn Williamson, Penny L Moore, Lynn Morris
Retrovirology. 2015 Jun; 12:54
- Defining genital tract cytokine signatures of sexually transmitted infections and bacterial vaginosis in women at high risk of HIV infection: a cross-sectional study.
Lindi Masson, Koleka Mlisana, Francesca Little, Lise Werner, Nonhlanhla N Mkhize, Katharina Ronacher, Hoyam Gamieldien, Carolyn Williamson, Lyle R Mckinnon, Gerhard Walzl, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S Abdool Karim, Jo-Ann S Passmore
Sex Transm Infect. 2014 Dec; 90(8):580-587
- Role of semen in altering the balance between inflammation and tolerance in the female genital tract: does it contribute to HIV risk?
Cosnet L Rametse, Abraham J Olivier, Lindi Masson, Shaun Barnabas, Lyle R McKinnon, Sinaye Ngcapu, Lenine J Liebenberg, Shameem Z Jaumdally, Clive M Gray, Heather B Jaspan, Jo-Ann S Passmore
Viral Immunol. 2014 Jun; 27(5):200-206
- Distinct cytokine patterns in semen influence local HIV shedding and HIV target cell activation.
Abraham J Olivier, Lindi Masson, Katharina Ronacher, Gerhard Walzl, David Coetzee, David A Lewis, Anna-Lise Williamson, Jo-Ann S Passmore, Wendy A Burgers
J Infect Dis. 2014 Apr; 209(8):1174-1184
- Altered phenotype and function of NK cells infiltrating human papillomavirus (HPV)-associated genital warts during HIV infection.
Alfred Bere, Shahila Tayib, Jean-Mari Kriek, Lindi Masson, Shameem Z Jaumdally, Shaun L Barnabas, William H Carr, Bruce Allan, Anna-Lise Williamson, Lynette Denny, Jo-Ann S Passmore
Clin Immunol. 2014 Feb; 150(2):210-219
- Vaginal microbicides to prevent human immunodeficiency virus infection in women: perspectives on the female genital tract, sexual maturity and mucosal inflammation.
Lindi Roberts, Lenine Liebenberg, Shaun Barnabas, Jo-Ann Passmore
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2012 Aug; 26(4):441-449
- Symptomatic vaginal discharge is a poor predictor of sexually transmitted infections and genital tract inflammation in high-risk women in South Africa.
Koleka Mlisana, Nivashnee Naicker, Lise Werner, Lindi Roberts, Francois van Loggerenberg, Cheryl Baxter, Jo-Ann S Passmore, Anneke C Grobler, A Willem Sturm, Carolyn Williamson, Katharina Ronacher, Gerhard Walzl, Salim S Abdool Karim
J Infect Dis. 2012 Jul; 206(1):6-14
- Effect of standard tuberculosis treatment on plasma cytokine levels in patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis.
Catherine Riou, Blas Perez Peixoto, Lindi Roberts, Katharina Ronacher, Gerhard Walzl, Claudia Manca, Roxana Rustomjee, Thuli Mthiyane, Dorothy Fallows, Clive M Gray, Gilla Kaplan
PLoS One. 2012 May; 7(5):e36886
- Genital tract inflammation during early HIV-1 infection predicts higher plasma viral load set point in women.
Lindi Roberts, Jo-Ann S Passmore, Koleka Mlisana, Carolyn Williamson, Francesca Little, Lisa M Bebell, Gerhard Walzl, Melissa-Rose Abrahams, Zenda Woodman, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S Abdool Karim
J Infect Dis. 2012 Jan; 205(2):194-203
- Plasma cytokine levels during acute HIV-1 infection predict HIV disease progression.
Lindi Roberts, Jo-Ann S Passmore, Carolyn Williamson, Francesca Little, Lisa M Bebell, Koleka Mlisana, Wendy A Burgers, Francois van Loggerenberg, Gerhard Walzl, Joel F Djoba Siawaya, Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S Abdool Karim
AIDS. 2010 Mar; 24(6):819-831
- Impact of human immunodeficiency virus 1 infection and inflammation on the composition and yield of cervical mononuclear cells in the female genital tract.
Nonhlanhla N Nkwanyana, Pamela P Gumbi, Lindi Roberts, Lynette Denny, Willem Hanekom, Andreia Soares, Bruce Allan, Anna-Lise Williamson, David Coetzee, Abraham J Olivier, Wendy A Burgers, Jo-Ann Passmore
Immunology. 2009 Sep; 128(1 Suppl):e746-e757
News Articles (4)