Allan Kuma is the RID TB Project Lead Counsellor with the South Fly TB Program in Western Province, Papua New Guinea.
As the Project Lead Counsellor, his role includes supporting and leading six peer counsellors who are part of the patient education and counselling component of the TB program, and providing psychological support to patients and their families. Allan is also an HIV Counsellor and Trainer in HIV counselling and testing.
Prior to joining Burnet, Allan was the team leader of Counselling, Testing and Treatment Component of Anglicare PNG, Mount Hagen Branch, and a Volunteer HIV Counsellor and Trainer with Western Highlands Provincial AIDS Council.
- 2016 – Present: Project Lead Counsellor, South Fly TB program, Burnet Institute
- 2005 – 2016: HIV Counsellor, Trainer in HIV counselling and testing, Team leader for Counselling Testing and Treatment Component, Anglicare PNG Mount Hagen Branch
- 1999 to 2004: Volunteer Counsellor, HIV Counsellor and Trainer with Western Highlands Provincial AIDS Council
- October 2019: SASA – Examining Power, Root Cause, types of Violence Against Women Training – Daru PNG
- May 2019: Child Protection Training
- April 2018 and March 2019: Supervisory (management) skills training – Daru and Port Moresby, PNG
- July 2017: Certificate on Gender Based Violence and Trauma Informed Care Training – Daru, Western Province, PNG
- February 2017: Certificate in Professional Supervision for Counselling Conducted by Australian Counselling Association, Port Moresby PNG
- 2015: Certificate Training of Trainers Advance Counseling – Loge 10 Port Moresby, PNG
- 2012: Certificate Training of Trainers IEA College of TAFE Port Moresby, PNG
- 2012: Certificate Advance Counseling, Hotel Kimininga WHP PNG
- 2012: Certificate Couple Counseling Training, Hotel Kimininga, WHP, PNG
- 2006: Certificate Training of Trainers (TOT) HIV/AIDS, Basic Counseling and VCT Anglicare, Port Moresby Nations Capital District, PNG
- 1994 to 1998: Diploma in Theological Studies, Lutheran Seminary Ogelbeng, Western Highlands Province, PNG
- 1990 to 1993: Certificate Church Administration, Lutheran Church College, Banz Jiwaka Province, PNG