Emily joined the Burnet Institute in 2019 and is part of the Eliminate C Australia Partnership team.
Emily will support the coordination of a health promotion strategy that will support people to access Hep C treatments.
Over the years, Emily has worked with a range of community-based organisations, with a focus on program design and implementation in collaboration with communities, as well as case management and training in chronic disease management.
- 2017- 2019: Senior Program and Policy Advisor, Screening, Early Detection and Immunisation Program, Cancer Council Victoria
- 2012-2017: Viral Hepatitis Program Coordinator, Priority Communities Team, Cancer Council Victoria
- 2012-2013: Quality Improvement Project Manager, Cystic Fibrosis Victoria
- 2007-2011: Programs Manager, Hepatitis Victoria
- 2005-2007: Education and Training, Epilepsy Foundation of Victoria
- 2019: Health Program Design and Implementation-Short Course, University of Melbourne
- 2017: Program Logic -Evaluation, University of Melbourne
- 2011: Diploma of Management, 2011, Australian Institute of Management, Australia
- 2006: Advanced Diploma of Solution Focused Counselling, The Centre for Effective Therapy, Australia
- 1999: Post Grad Diploma Health Psychology, LaTrobe University, Australia
- 1998: Bachelor Social Science, La Trobe University, Australia
Cancer information compared to Hepatitis B information to INcreAse hepatitis B testing in Melbourne’s Chinese community (CHINA-B study)
EC Australia: Eliminate Hepatitis C Australia Partnership
The Optimise Study: Optimising Isolation, Quarantine and Distancing for COVID-19
- Assessing the feasibility, acceptability and impacts of an education program on hepatitis B testing uptake among ethnic Chinese in Australia: results of a randomised controlled pilot study.
Xiao Y, Wallace J, Ahad M, van Gemert C, Thompson AJ, Doyle J, Lam HY, Chan K, Bennett G, Adamson E, Yussf N, Tang A, Pedrana A, Stoove M, Hellard M, Howell J
BMC Public Health. 2021 Oct; 21(1):1861
- Facilitating hepatitis B clinical management in general practice: A qualitative investigation.
Wallace J, Richmond J, Allard N, Howell J, Adamson E, XiaoYZ, O’Reilly C, Hellard M
Aust J Gen Pract. 2020 Sep; 49(9):599-604
- 'Think Hep B' in primary care: A before-and-after evaluation of a self-guided learning package.
Xiao Y, van Gemert C, Howell J, Adamson E, Towell V, Cowie BC, Thompson AJ, Hellard M
Aust J Gen Pract. 2020 Jan; 49(1-2):66-69