Dominic’s undergraduate studies were in physics and applied mathematics, and during his postgraduate studies he continued in applied mathematics with a focus on mathematical biology.
His research was on reviewing and developing extensions to mathematical models of macroparasite transmission across human populations.
Since joining Burnet, Dominic has primarily focused on projects in maternal and child health, nutrition, and COVID-19 modelling using the agent-based model, Covasim.
- 2019: Mathematics Tutor, The University of Melbourne
- 2018: Master of Science (Applied Mathematics), The University of Melbourne
- 2016: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics), The University of Melbourne
COVASIM: Modelling COVID-19
Decision science using Optima
Optima Nutrition Modelling
- Modelling the Victorian roadmap (PUBLIC HEALTH REPORT)
Abeysuriya R, Delport D, Sacks-Davis R, Hellard M, Scott N
Know-C19. 2021 Sep; September:1-23
- Covasim: An agent-based model of COVID-19 dynamics and interventions.
Kerr CC, Stuart RM, Mistry D, Abeysuriya RG, Rosenfeld K, Hart GR, Núñez RC, Cohen JA, Selvaraj P, Hagedorn B, George L, Jastrzębski M, Izzo AS, Fowler G, Palmer A, Delport D, Scott N, Kelly SL, Bennette CS, Wagner BG, Chang ST, Oron AP, Wenger EA, Panovska-Griffiths J, Famulare M, Klein DJ
PLoS Comput Biol. 2021 Jul; 17(7):e1009149
- Modelling the impact of reducing control measures on the COVID-19 pandemic in a low transmission setting.
Scott N, Palmer A, Delport D, Abeysuriya R, Stuart R, Kerr CC, Ministry D, Klein D, Sacks-Davis R, Heath K, Hainsworth S, Pedrana A, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2021 Feb; 214(2):79-83
- Ending malnutrition in all its forms requires scaling up proven nutrition interventions and much more: a 129-country analysis.
Scott N, Delport D, Hainsworth S, Pearson R, Morgan C, Huang S, Akuoku JK, Piwoz E, Shekar M, Levin C, Toole M, Homer CS
BMC Med. 2020 Nov; 18(1):356
- Estimating risks associated with early reopening in Victoria. (Policy Brief prepared for the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services)
Abeysuriya R, Delport D, Hellard M, Scott N
Know-C19 Hub. 2020 Sep
News Articles (3)