Alex is currently undertaking a Masters of Public Health at Monash University whilst working across the HIV Elimination and Young People’s health teams at the Burnet Institute.
In 2017, Alex moved to Victoria to undertake an honours in health sciences at Swinburne University focusing on systems and cognitive neuroscience. He received a first class honours for his work and contributed to further studies as a research assistant in the Brain and Psychological Sciences Centre.
Alex completed his Bachelor of Psychological Science in 2016 with Griffith University in Queensland, taking an interest in cognitive neuroscience and community mental health.
Throughout his career, Alex has worked in a range of community mental health and emergency relief organisations as a support worker.
- Community Support Worker, DIVRS, Preston
- Research Assistant, Swinburne University of Technology
- Rehabilitation Officer, Canefields Clubhouse, Logan, Queensland
- 2019: Masters of Public Health, Monash University (graduating 2020)
- 2017-2018: First Class Honours in Health Science (B/Health Science (Hons)), Swinburne University
- 2013-2016: Bachelor of Psychological Sciences, Griffith University
Coping with COVID-19: Young people’s health and wellbeing in Australia
The Optimise Study: Optimising Isolation, Quarantine and Distancing for COVID-19
News Articles (2)