Nisaa has recently completed a Master’s in Public Health specialising in Biostatistics/Epidemiology and has experience working with a range of observational studies including health surveys and linked health data.
Her research interests include drawing on evidence from epidemiological data to effectively shape policy for adolescent’s health especially in mental health and non-communicable diseases. Her research also examining multilevel factors of health outcomes using population-based data.
- 2018 – Current: Adolescent Research Officer, Global Adolescent Health, Burnet Institute
- 2016 – Research Officer, UNICEF Indonesia study
- 2015 – Research Assistant, RTI International
- 2014 – Research Assistant, Summit Institute of Development
- 2018: MPH, University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2014: Fellowship of Analysis and Interpretation of Nutrition and Health Data from LMICs, Harvard University
- 2012: MBBS, Islamic University of Indonesia, Indonesia
- 2014 – Higher Education Network Ring Initiative Scholarship funded by USAID
Engaging private sector for adolescent health service delivery in Asia and Pacific
Inequalities in sexual and reproductive health in Asia and the Pacific
Integrated Multi-Sectoral Approach (IMSA) To Improve The Sexual And Reproductive Health Of Adolescents In Magway, Myanmar
Non-communicable diseases in adolescents in Indonesia
Resilient Adolescents and Integrated Life Skills (RAIL) project, Dawei, Myanmar
Sexual and reproductive health in Asia and the Pacific
- Gender inequalities in health and wellbeing across the first two decades of life: an analysis of 40 low-income and middle-income countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
Kennedy E, Binder G, Humphries-Waa K, Tidhar T, Cini K, Comrie-Thomson L, Vaughan C, Francis K, Scott N, Wulan N, Patton G, Azzopardi P
Lancet Glob Health. 2020 Oct; 8(12):e1473-e1488
- Understanding mental health and its determinants from the perspective of adolescents: A qualitative study across diverse social settings in Indonesia.
Willenberg L, Wulan N, Medise BE, Devaera Y, Riyanti A, Ansariadi A, Wiguna T, Kaligis F, Fisher J, Luchters S, Jameel A, Sawyer SM, Tran T, Kennedy E, Patton GC, Wiweko B, Azzopardi PS
Asian J Psychiatr. 2020 May; 52:102148
- Direct assessment of mental health and metabolic syndrome amongst Indonesian adolescents: a study design for a mixed-methods study sampled from school and community settings.
Azzopardi PS, Willenberg L, Wulan N, Devaera Y, Medise B, Riyanti A, Ansariadi A, Sawyer S, Wiguna T, Kaligis F, Fisher J, Tran T, Agius PA, Borschmann R, Brown A, Cini K, Clifford S, Kennedy EC, Pedrana A, Pham MD, Wake M, Zimmet P, Durrant K, Wiweko B, Luchters S
Glob Health Action. 2020 Mar; 13(1):1732665
News Articles (1)