Rob is a senior leader with experience in philanthropy, marketing, community relations and cross-organisation planning and delivery. He has worked in both international development, environment and health.
Rob is currently Executive General Manager, Philanthropy & Supporter Engagement, and is responsible for inspiring the philanthropic community to invest in Burnet Institute’s mission to achieve better health for vulnerable communities.
Prior to joining Burnet, he was Interim CEO and GM Marketing and Fundraising at HeartKids. There he worked with a broad coalition to finalise a National Strategic Action Plan for Childhood Heart Disease, which included a $20m funding commitment from the Federal Government, plus investment into the care, support and management of Congenital Heart Disease across Australia. Previously he held a number of Fundraising Director roles, including at Heart Foundation and Movember.
Rob has held a number of voluntary board and advisory roles, including more recently with Healthy Male, National Gutbiome Foundation, and Edmund Rice Camps.
- 2019 – ongoing: Management Committee, Healthy Male
- 2019 – ongoing: Committee Member, National Gutbiome Foundation
- 2013 – 2018: Deputy Chairman, Edmund Rice Camps
- 2011 – 2014: Director, CDP (Australia)
- 1994 - 2004: Director, Rwenzori Development Foundation
- 2018: Acting CEO and GM Fundraising & Marketing, HeartKids
- 2017: Development Director, Movember
- 2011-2017: Fundraising Director (Vic), Heart Foundation
- 2008-2010: Account Director, Pareto Fundraising
- 2005-2007: Fundraising Manager, NCVO
- 1999-2005: Fundraising Manager, Rainforest Foundation (UK)
- 2012: MBA, RMIT
- 2002: PGDip Management, UCL Birkbeck
- 1996: BA (Hons), Geography, Environmental with Development Studies
News Articles (1)