Anna completed her Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) at the Burnet in 2016, researching crystal methamphetamine use amongst people who inject drugs. In 2019, she completed a Master of Mathematical Sciences (Advanced) at the Australian National University, with a focus on applied mathematics and mathematical modelling of infectious diseases.
Anna now works as a research assistant at Burnet Institute in the Modelling and Biostatistics working group. She works on a variety of mathematical modelling/health economics projects related to injecting drug use and hepatitis C elimination. She intends to continue her career developing mathematical models in public health.
- 2019: Master of Mathematical Sciences (Advanced), The Australian National University, Australia
- 2016: Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours), Monash University, Australia
- 2015: Bachelor of Biomedicine, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Frequent and unpredictable changes in COVID-19 policies and restrictions reduce the accuracy of model forecasts.
Houdroge F, Palmer A, Delport D, Walsh T, Kelly SL, Hainsworth SW, Abeysuriya R, Stuart RM, Kerr CC, Coplan P, Wilson DP, Scott N
Sci Rep. 2023 Jan; 13(1):1398
- Cost optimisation analysis of the expanded programme for immunisation: balancing equity and coverage in Pakistan.
Houdroge F, Yunus H, Delport D, Stearns E, Palmer A, Naim A, Kashif A, Pyne HH, Scott N, Oelrichs R, Wilson D
BMJ Glob Health. 2022 Oct; 7(10)
- Assessment of the cost-effectiveness of Australia’s risksharing agreement for direct-acting antiviral treatments for hepatitis C: a modelling study.
Scott N, Palmer A, Tidhar T, Stoové M, Sacks-Davis R, Doyle JS, Pedrana A, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard M
Lancet Reg Health - West Pac. 2022 Jan; 18:100316
- A modelling analysis of financial incentives for hepatitis C testing and treatment uptake delivered through a community-based testing campaign.
Palmer AY, Chan K, Gold J, Layton C, Elsum I, Hellard M, Stoove M, Doyle JS, Pedrana A, Scott N; EC Partnership
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Aug; 28(11):1624-1634
- Covasim: An agent-based model of COVID-19 dynamics and interventions.
Kerr CC, Stuart RM, Mistry D, Abeysuriya RG, Rosenfeld K, Hart GR, Núñez RC, Cohen JA, Selvaraj P, Hagedorn B, George L, Jastrzębski M, Izzo AS, Fowler G, Palmer A, Delport D, Scott N, Kelly SL, Bennette CS, Wagner BG, Chang ST, Oron AP, Wenger EA, Panovska-Griffiths J, Famulare M, Klein DJ
PLoS Comput Biol. 2021 Jul; 17(7):e1009149
- Prevalence and correlates of simultaneous, multiple substance injection (co-injection) amongst people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Palmer A, Higgs P, Scott N, Agius P, Maher L, Dietze P
Addiction. 2021 Apr; 116(4):876-888
- A costing analysis of a state-wide, nurse-led hepatitis C treatment model in prison.
Palmer A, Papaluca T, Stoové M, Winter R, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Wilson D, Thompson A, Scott N; EC Victoria Partnership.
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Mar; 94:103203
- Estimating the number of new hepatitis C infections in Australia in 2015, prior to the scale-up of direct-acting antiviral treatment.
Palmer AY, Wilkinson A, Aitken C, Dietze P, Dore GJ, Maher L, Sacks-Davis R, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard M, Scott N
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Mar; 36(8):2270-2274
- Modelling the impact of reducing control measures on the COVID-19 pandemic in a low transmission setting.
Scott N, Palmer A, Delport D, Abeysuriya R, Stuart R, Kerr CC, Ministry D, Klein D, Sacks-Davis R, Heath K, Hainsworth S, Pedrana A, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2021 Feb; 214(2):79-83
- Motivations for crystal methamphetamine-opioid co-injection/co-use amongst community-recruited people who inject drugs: a qualitative study.
Palmer A, Scott N, Dietze P, Higgs P
Harm Reduct J. 2020 Feb; 17(1):14
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of primary versus hospital-based specialist care for direct acting antiviral hepatitis C treatment.
Palmer AY, Wade AJ, Draper B, Howell J, Doyle JS, Petrie D, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard ME, Scott N
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Feb; 76:102633
- Staying hepatitis C negative: a systematic review and meta-analysis of cure and reinfection in people who inject drugs.
Latham NH, Doyle JS, Palmer AY, Vanhommerig JW, Agius P, Goutzamanis S, Li Z, Pedrana A, Gottfredsson M, Bouscaillou J, Luhmann N, Mazhnaya A, Altice FL, Saeed S, Klein M, Falade-Nwulia OO, Aspinall E, Hutchinson S, Hellard ME, Sacks-Davis R
Liver Int. 2019 Dec; 39(12):2244-2260