Anna completed her Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) at the Burnet in 2016, researching crystal methamphetamine use amongst people who inject drugs. In 2019, she completed a Master of Mathematical Sciences (Advanced) at the Australian National University, with a focus on applied mathematics and mathematical modelling of infectious diseases.
Anna now works as a research assistant at Burnet Institute in the Modelling and Biostatistics working group. She works on a variety of mathematical modelling/health economics projects related to injecting drug use and hepatitis C elimination. She intends to continue her career developing mathematical models in public health.
- 2019: Master of Mathematical Sciences (Advanced), The Australian National University, Australia
- 2016: Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours), Monash University, Australia
- 2015: Bachelor of Biomedicine, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Modelling the impact of reducing control measures on the COVID-19 pandemic in a low transmission setting.
Scott N, Palmer A, Delport D, Abeysuriya R, Stuart R, Kerr CC, Ministry D, Klein D, Sacks-Davis R, Heath K, Hainsworth S, Pedrana A, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2020 Sep; Preprint Epub ahead of print
- Prevalence and correlates of simultaneous, multiple substance injection (co-injection) amongst people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Palmer A, Higgs P, Scott N, Agius P, Maher L, Dietze P
Addiction. 2020 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Motivations for crystal methamphetamine-opioid co-injection/co-use amongst community-recruited people who inject drugs: a qualitative study.
Palmer A, Scott N, Dietze P, Higgs P
Harm Reduct J. 2020 Feb; 17(1):14
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of primary versus hospital-based specialist care for direct acting antiviral hepatitis C treatment.
Palmer AY, Wade AJ, Draper B, Howell J, Doyle JS, Petrie D, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard ME, Scott N
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Feb; 76:102633
- Staying hepatitis C negative: a systematic review and meta-analysis of cure and reinfection in people who inject drugs.
Latham NH, Doyle JS, Palmer AY, Vanhommerig JW, Agius P, Goutzamanis S, Li Z, Pedrana A, Gottfredsson M, Bouscaillou J, Luhmann N, Mazhnaya A, Altice FL, Saeed S, Klein M, Falade-Nwulia OO, Aspinall E, Hutchinson S, Hellard ME, Sacks-Davis R
Liver Int. 2019 Dec; 39(12):2244-2260