Dr Khai Lin Huang is an infectious diseases physician working at the Burnet Institute as a member of the Tuberculosis Working Group.
He has focused skills in the diagnosis and management of clinical infectious diseases, tropical medicine and in particular TB/drug-resistant TB, having worked as the field technical coordinator with the RID-TB program in 2016.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Member of the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
- Member of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Member of the Australasian Society for Infectious Diseases
- 2017: Advanced Training in Infectious Diseases, Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory and the Royal Melbourne Hospital
- 2016: Field Technical Coordinator and Infectious Diseases Officer, Burnet Institute, RID TB Papua New Guinea
- 2015: Advanced Training in Infectious Diseases, Royal Darwin Hospital
- 2014: Clinical Research Fellow in Infectious Diseases, Austin Health
- 2013: Advanced Training in Infectious Diseases, Austin Health
- 2009-2012: Internship and Basic Physician Training, Austin Health
- 2017: FRACP, Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (Infectious Diseases)
- 2014: East African Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- 2008: Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) and Bachelor of Medical Science, The University of Melbourne
- Prolonged Detection of Japanese Encephalitis Virus in Urine and Whole Blood in a Returned Short-term Traveler.
G Khai Lin Huang, Shio Yen Tio, Leon Caly, Suellen Nicholson, Irani Thevarajan, Georgina Papadakis, Mike Catton, Steven Y C Tong, Julian Druce
Open Forum Infect Dis. 2017 Sep; 4(4):ofx203
- Genomic Characterization of Recrudescent Plasmodium malariae after Treatment with Artemether/Lumefantrine.
Gavin G Rutledge, Ian Marr, G Khai Lin Huang, Sarah Auburn, Jutta Marfurt, Mandy Sanders, Nicholas J White, Matthew Berriman, Chris I Newbold, Nicholas M Anstey, Thomas D Otto, Ric N Price
Emerg Infect Dis. 2017 Aug; 23(8):1300-1307
- Staphylococcus aureus Prostatic abscess: a clinical case report and a review of the literature.
David E Carroll, Ian Marr, G Khai Lin Huang, Deborah C Holt, Steven Y C Tong, Craig S Boutlis
BMC Infect Dis. 2017 Jul; 17(1):509
- Prulifloxacin/Ulifloxacin (Book Chapter)
Huang GK, Grayson ML
in "Kucer's The Use of Antibiotics: A Clinical Review of Antibacterial, Antifungal, Antiparasitic and Antiviral Drugs 7th Ed" Eds Grayson ML, Crowe SM, McCarthy JS, Mills J, Mouton JW, Paterson DL, Cosgrove S, Hope W (CRC Press). 2017 Jul
- Management of dengue in Australian travellers: a retrospective multicentre analysis.
Alex Yc Tai, Sarah L McGuinness, Roselle Robosa, David Turner, G Khai Lin Huang, Karin Leder, Tony M Korman, Irani Thevarajan, Andrew J Stewardson, Alexander A Padiglione, Douglas F Johnson
Med J Aust. 2017 Apr; 206(7):295-300
- Use of an Innovative Personality-Mindset Profiling Tool to Guide Culture-Change Strategies among Different Healthcare Worker Groups.
M Lindsay Grayson, Nenad Macesic, G Khai Huang, Katherine Bond, Jason Fletcher, Gwendolyn L Gilbert, David L Gordon, Jane F Hellsten, Jonathan Iredell, Caitlin Keighley, Rhonda L Stuart, Charles S Xuereb, Marilyn Cruickshank
PLoS One. 2015 Oct; 10(10):e0140509
- Measles: an important cause of fever and rash in a returned traveller.
G Khai Lin Huang, Katherine A Bond, Nicholas H Hewitt, Paul D R Johnson
Med J Aust. 2014 Nov; 201(10):605-606
- Red herring in returned traveler: drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptom (DRESS) syndrome mimicking sepsis.
Hui Yin Lim, Gene Khai Lin Huang, Joseph Torresi, Douglas Johnson
J Travel Med. 2014 Nov; 21(6):425-428
- Back to basics: hand hygiene and isolation.
Gene K L Huang, Andrew J Stewardson, Michael L Grayson
Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2014 Aug; 27(4):379-389
- Epidemiology and management of Buruli Ulcer.
Huang GK, Johnson PD
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2014 Jul; 12(7):855-65
- Buruli Ulcer (Atypical Mycobacterium). (Book Chapter)
Huang GK, Johnson PD
in Emerging Infectious Diseases. Eds. Ergonul O, Can F, Akova M, Madoff L. Elsevier. 2014 Jul
News Articles (1)