Professor David Wilson completed his PhD on infectious disease modelling in 2003, studying at Queensland University of Technology as well as at Oxford University and ETH Switzerland. He then completed a postdoctoral fellowship at University of California, Los Angeles on HIV epidemic modelling and optimal allocation of HIV antiretroviral drugs, informing World Health Organization guidelines and policy and practice for treatment roll-out in sub-Saharan Africa.
He leads the Optima team, which conducts modelling, health economic and resource allocation studies for governments as well as regional and global health agencies and international donors. He was the winner of a Eureka Prize in 2013 and the Royal Society of NSW’s Edgeworth David Medal in 2014.
Professor Wilson has attracted around $60 million in competitive funding, published approximately 200 papers in academic journals, approximately 60 analytical and/or surveillance reports for national governments, and given more than 400 oral presentations at national and international conferences and workshops.
- 2015 – Professor, Head, Infectious Disease Modelling, NHMRC Senior Research Fellow, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- 2015 – Adjunct Professor, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University
- 2015 – Professorial Visiting Fellow, Kirby Institute, University of New South Wales
- 2009-2014 – Associate Professor, Head, Surveillance and Evaluation Program; Head, Disease Modelling and Financing Program, Kirby Institute, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- 2009 – Senior Lecturer, National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- 2007-2008 – Research Fellow, National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- 2005-2006 – Vice Chancellor’s Research Fellow / Lecturer, Complex Systems in Biology Group, Centre for Vascular Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- 2004-2005 – Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Biomathematics & UCLA AIDS Institute, School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), USA
- 2015 – Chair, Optima TB Technical Group
- 2015 – Member, Optima TB Steering Group
- 2015 – Member, WHO Working Group on HIV Incidence Assays
- 2015 – Reviewer, Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade “Risk and economic implications of importation and transmission of Ebola in the Asia-Pacific region”
- 2015-2017 – Member, Advisory Panel, Maximizing ART for Better Health and Zero New HIV Infections (MaxART) programme: Early Access to ART for All in Swaziland
- 2014 – Member, Expert Advisory Group, Australian Burden of Disease Study for Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- 2014 – Member, UNAIDS Reference Group on Estimates, Modelling and Projections
- 2001-2014 (Extensive experience as an editor, consultant, reviewer, advisor and committee member for a broad range of journals, associations, working groups and bodies including Australian Red Cross, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Kirby Institute, International AIDS Society, The Lancet, UNAIDS, UNODC, WHO and World Bank.)
- 2007-2008 – Graduate Certificate of Biostistics, University of Sydney (School of Public Health), Sydney, Australia
- 2001-2003 – Doctor of Philosophy (Infectious Disease Modelling), Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia; Oxford University, England; Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland
- 2000-2001 – Bachelor of Applied Science, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- 1996-1999 – Bachelor of Science (Mathematics), Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- 1996-1999 – Bachelor of Information Technology (Computer Science), Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- 2014 – Winner, Royal Society of New South Wales Edgeworth David Medal
- 2013 – Winner, 3M Eureka Prize for Emerging Leader in Science
- 2009 – UNSW Faculty of Medicine Dean’s Rising Star Award
- 2008 – NSW Tall Poppy Science Award, Australian Institute of Policy and Science
- Simulating the entire natural course of HIV infection by extending the basic viral dynamics equations to include declining viral clearance.
Petravic P, Wilson DP
Pathog Dis. 2019 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- What is the impact of a 20% funding cut in international HIV aid from the United States?
Ten Brink D, Martin-Hughes R, Kelly SL, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2019 Jul; 33(8):1406-1408
- Cost-per-diagnosis as a metric for monitoring cost-effectiveness of HIV testing programmes in low-income settings in southern Africa: health economic and modelling analysis.
Phillips AN, Cambiano V, Nakagawa F, Bansi-Matharu L, Wilson D, Jani I, Apollo T, Sculpher M, Hallett T, Kerr C, van Oosterhout JJ, Eaton JW, Estill J, Williams B, Doi N, Cowan F, Keiser O, Ford D, Hatzold K, Barnabas R, Ayles H, Meyer-Rath G, Nelson L, Johnson C, Baggaley R, Fakoya A, Jahn A, Revill P
J Int AIDS Soc. 2019 Jul; 22(7):e25325
- Applying the 'no-one worse off' criterion to design Pareto efficient HIV responses in Sudan and Togo.
Stuart RM, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Panovska-Griffiths J, Grobicki L, Skordis J, Kerr CC, Kedziora DJ, Martin-Hughes R, Kelly SL, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2019 Jun; 33(7):1247-1252
- Estimating the syphilis epidemic among gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men in Australia following changes in HIV care and prevention.
Wilkinson A, Scott N, Tidhar T, Luong P, El-Hayek C , Wilson D, Fairley C, Zhang L, Leslie D , Roth N , Tee BK , Hellard M , Stoové M
Sex Health. 2019 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- "Optima attempts to objectively and pragmatically assist countries meet their targets most efficiently and effectively".
Wilson DP, Gorgens M, Wilson DJ; Optima HIV study team (including: Robyn M Stuart, Cliff C Kerr, Jolene Skordis, Olivia Keiser, Sherrie Kelly, Rowan Martin-Hughes, Janka Petravic, Richard Gray and Nejma Cheikh)
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Oct; 21(10):e25190
- Implications of population-level immunity for the emergence of artemisinin-resistant malaria: a mathematical model.
Scott N, Ataide R, Wilson DP, Hellard M, Price RN, Simpson JA, Fowkes FJI
Malar J. 2018 Aug; 17(1):279
- Cost and cost-effectiveness analysis of pre-exposure prophylaxis among men who have sex with men in two hospitals in Thailand.
Suraratdecha C, Stuart RM, Manopaiboon C, Green D, Lertpiriyasuwat C, Wilson DP, Pavaputanon P, Visavakum P, Monkongdee P, Khawcharoenporn T, Tharee P, Kittinunvorakoon C, Martin M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jul; 21 Suppl 5:e25129
- Hepatitis C virus notification rates in Australia are highest in socioeconomically disadvantaged areas.
Hainsworth SW, Dietze PM, Wilson DP, Sutton B, Hellard ME, Scott N
PLoS One. 2018 Jun; 13(6):e0198336
- Protocol for an HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Population Level Intervention Study in Victoria Australia: The PrEPX Study.
Ryan KE, Mak A, Stoove M, Price B, Fairley CK, Ruth S, Lal L, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Nguyen L, Batrouney C, Wilson D, Lockwood J, Murphy D, Cornelisse VJ, Roth N, Willcox J, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Tee BK, Penn M, Forgan-Smith G, Williams C, Montgomery J, Byron K, Coelho A, Allen B, Wiggins J, Kelsall J, Vujovic O, West M, Pierce AB, Gallant D, Bell C, de Wit JBF, Hoy JF, Wesselingh SL, Grant RM, Wright EJ
Front Public Health. 2018 May; 6:151
- Molecular test for chlamydia and gonorrhoea used at point of care in remote primary healthcare settings: a diagnostic test evaluation.
Causer LM, Guy RJ, Tabrizi SN, Whiley DM, Speers DJ, Ward J, Tangey A, Badman SG, Hengel B, Natoli LJ, Anderson DA, Wand H, Wilson D, Regan DG, Shephard M, Donovan B, Fairley CK, Kaldor JM
Sex Transm Infect. 2018 May; 94(5):340-345
- The effect of monitoring viral load and tracing patients lost to follow-up on the course of the HIV epidemic in Malawi: A mathematical model.
Estill J, Kerr CC, Blaser N, Salazar-Vizcaya L, Tenthani L, Wilson, DP, Keiser, O
Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 2018 Apr; 5(5):ofy092
- Undiagnosed HIV infections among gay and bisexual men increasingly contribute to new infections in Australia.
Gray RT, Wilson DP, Guy RJ, Stoové M, Hellard ME, Prestage GP, Lea T, de Wit J, Holt M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21(4):e25104
- How should HIV resources be allocated? Lessons learnt from applying Optima HIV in 23 countries.
Stuart RM, Grobicki L, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Panovska-Griffiths J, Skordis J, Keiser O, Estill J, Baranczuk Z, Kelly SL, Reporter I, Kedziora DJ, Shattock AJ, Petravic J, Hussain SA, Grantham KL, Gray RT, Yap XF, Martin-Hughes R, Benedikt CJ, Fraser-Hurt N, Masaki E, Wilson DJ, Gorgens M, Mziray E, Cheikh N, Shubber Z, Kerr CC, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21(4):e25097
- The 2016 HIV diagnosis and care cascade in New South Wales, Australia: meeting the UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets.
Keen P, Gray RT, Telfer B, Guy R, Schmidt HM, Whittaker B, Holden J, Holt M, Kelleher A, Wilson D, Callander D, Cooper DA, Prestage G, Selvey C, Grulich AE; NSW HIV Prevention Partnership Project.
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21(4):e25109
- Optima Nutrition: an allocative efficiency tool to reduce childhood stunting by better targeting of nutrition-related interventions.
Pearson R, Killedar M, Petravic J, Kakietek JJ, Scott N, Grantham KL, Stuart RM, Kedziora DJ, Kerr CC, Skordis-Worrall J, Shekhar M, Wilson DP
BMC Public Health. 2018 Mar; 18(1):384
- Achieving 90-90-90 HIV targets will not be enough to achieve the HIV incidence reduction target in Australia.
Scott N, Stoové M, Kelly SL, Wilson DP, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Mar; 66(7):1019-1023
- Optimization by Adaptive Stochastic Descent.
Kerr CC, Dura-Bernal S, Smolinski TG, Chadderdon GL, Wilson DP
PLoS One. 2018 Mar; 13(3):e0192944
- The global Optima HIV allocative efficiency model: targeting resources in efforts to end AIDS.
Kelly SL, Martin-Hughes R, Stuart RM, Yap XF, Kedziora DJ, Grantham KL, Hussain SA, Reporter I, Shattock AJ, Grobicki L, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Skordis-Worrall J, Baranczuk Z, Keiser O, Estill J, Petravic J, Gray RT, Benedikt CJ, Fraser N, Gorgens M, Wilson D, Kerr CC, Wilson DP
Lancet HIV. 2018 Mar; 5(4):e190-e198
- Comparing Australian gay and bisexual men with undiagnosed and recently diagnosed HIV infection to those in the National HIV Registry.
Down I, Prestage G, Brown G, Ellard J, Guy R, Hellard M, Wilson D, de Wit J, Stoové M, Holt M
Sex Health. 2018 Mar; 15(3):276-281
- A tale of two countries: progress towards UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets in Botswana and Australia.
Marukutira T, Stoové M, Lockman S, Mills LA, Gaolathe T, Lebelonyane R, Jarvis JN, Kelly SL, Wilson DP, Luchters S, Crowe SM, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Mar; 21(3):e25090
- Declining prevalence of undiagnosed HIV in Melbourne: results from community-based bio-behavioural studies of gay and bisexual men.
Stoové M, Asselin J, Pedrana A, Lea T, Hellard M, Wilson D, Prestage G, de Wit J, Holt M
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2018 Feb; 42(1):57-61
- The City of Johannesburg can end AIDS by 2030: modelling the impact of achieving the Fast-Track targets and what it will take to get there.
Stuart RM, Fraser-Hurt N, Kerr CC, Mabusela E, Madi V, Mkhwanazi F, Pillay Y, Barron P, Muzah B, Matsebula T, Gorgens M, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jan; 21(1):e25068
- Eliminating hepatitis C virus as a public health threat among HIV-positive men who have sex with men: a multi-modelling approach to understand differences in sexual risk behaviour.
Scott N, Stoové M, Wilson DP, Keiser O, El-Hayek C, Doyle J, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jan; 21(1):e25059
- Getting it right when budgets are tight: Using optimal expansion pathways to prioritize responses to concentrated and mixed HIV epidemics.
Stuart RM, Kerr CC, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Estill J, Grobicki L, Baranczuk Z, Prieto L, Montañez V, Reporter I, Gray RT, Skordis-Worrall J, Keiser O, Cheikh N, Boonto K, Osornprasop S, Lavadenz F, Benedikt CJ, Martin-Hughes R, Hussain SA, Kelly SL, Kedziora DJ, Wilson DP
PLoS One. 2017 Oct; 12(10):e0185077
- Maximizing the impact of malaria funding through allocative efficiency: using the right interventions in the right locations.
Scott N, Hussain SA, Martin-Hughes R, Fowkes FJI, Kerr CC, Pearson R, Kedziora DJ, Killedar M, Stuart RM, Wilson DP
Malar J. 2017 Sep; 16(1):368
- Reaching hepatitis C virus elimination targets requires health system interventions to enhance the care cascade.
Scott N, Doyle JS, Wilson DP, Wade A, Howell J, Pedrana A, Thompson A, Hellard ME
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Sep; 47:107-116
- Acute HIV infection detection and immediate treatment estimated to reduce transmission by 89% among men who have sex with men in Bangkok.
Kroon EDMB, Phanuphak N, Shattock AJ, Fletcher JLK, Pinyakorn S, Chomchey N, Akapirat S, de Souza MS, Robb ML, Kim JH, van Griensven F, Ananworanich J, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Jun; 20(1):1-9
- Re-examining blood donor deferral criteria relating to injecting drug use.
Quinn B, Seed C, Keller A, Maher L, Wilson D, Farrell M, Caris S, Williams J, Madden A, Thompson A, Pink J, Hellard ME
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Jun; 48:9-17
- Kazakhstan can achieve ambitious HIV targets despite expected donor withdrawal by combining improved ART procurement mechanisms with allocative and implementation efficiencies.
Shattock AJ, Benedikt C, Bokazhanova A, Đurić P, Petrenko I, Ganina L, Kelly SL, Stuart RM, Kerr CC, Vinichenko T, Zhang S, Hamelmann C, Manova M, Masaki E, Wilson DP, Gray RT
PLoS One. 2017 Feb; 12(2):e0169530
- Relapse to opioid use occurs sooner in opioid dependent persons released from compulsory drug detention centres compared to voluntary methadone treatment centres in Malaysia.
Wegman MP, Altice FL, Kaur S, Rajandaran V, Osornprasop S, Wilson D, Wilson DP, Kamarulzaman A
Lancet Glob Health. 2017 Feb; 5(2):e198-e207
- A longitudinal cohort study of HIV 'treatment as prevention' in gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men: the Treatment with Antiretrovirals and their Impact on Positive And Negative men (TAIPAN) study protocol.
Callander D, Stoové M, Carr A, Hoy JF, Petoumenos K, Hellard M, Elliot J, Templeton DJ, Liaw S, Wilson DP, Grulich A, Cooper DA, Pedrana A, Donovan B, McMahon J, Prestage G, Holt M, Fairley CK, McKellar-Stewart N, Ruth S, Asselin J, Keen P, Cooper C, Allan B, Kaldor JM, Guy R
BMC Infect Dis. 2016 Dec; 16(1):752
- GBD 2015 and HIV estimates from the Optima model.
Kelly SL, Wilson DP
Lancet HIV. 2016 Dec; 3(12):e558
- Allocative and implementation efficiency in HIV prevention and treatment for people who inject drugs.
Benedikt C, Kelly SL, Wilson D, Wilson DP and the Optima Consortium
Int J Drug Policy. 2016 Nov; 38:73-80
- A preliminary evaluation of a new GeneXpert (Gx) molecular point-of-care test for the detection of Trichomonas vaginalis.
Badman SG, Causer LM, Guy R, Tabrizi SN, Francis F, Donovan B, Whiley D; TTANGO investigators (Kaldor J, Wilson D, Regan D, Wand H, Shepard M, Ward J, Fairley K, Hengel B, Tangey A, Anderson D, Natoli L)
Sex Transm Infect. 2016 Aug; 92(5):350-352
- Ending AIDS in Johannesburg: An analysis of the status and scale-up towards HIV treatment and prevention targets. (Technical Report)
Burnet Institute (including Robyn Stuart, Cliff Kerr, Andrew Shattock, David Wilson) Optima Consortium for Decision Science, supported by the World Bank for the Gauteng Province Department of Health and South African Department of Health
Technical Report for the World Bank for the Gauteng Province Department of Health and South African Department of Health. 2016 Jul
- Optimizing Investments in Togo’s HIV Response. (Technical Report)
Wilson DP - Burnet Institute, Optima Consortium for Decision Science University College London, University of New South Wales,
Technical Report supported by the World Bank for the Government of Togo.. 2016 Jul
- HIV investment in Senegal: Optimized allocation of HIV resources for a sustainable and efficient HIV response.
University of Bern (Z. Barańczuk, J. Estill), University of New South Wales and Burnet Institute (I. Reporter, A. Hussain, D. Wilson), World Bank (Z. Shubber, E. Mziray)
Technical Report. 2016 Jul
- Australian trachoma surveillance annual report, 2013.
Carleigh S Cowling, Bette C Liu, Thomas L Snelling, James S Ward, John M Kaldor, David P Wilson
Commun Dis Intell Q Rep. 2016 Jun; 40(2):E255-E266
- Optimizing HIV/AIDS resources in Armenia: increasing ART investment and examining HIV programmes for seasonal migrant labourers.
Kelly SL, Shattock AJ, Kerr CC, Stuart RM, Papoyan A, Grigoryan T, Hovhannisyan R, Grigoryan S, Benedikt C, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2016 Jun; 19(1):20772
- Local responses to local epidemics for national impact need advanced spatially explicit tools.
Grantham KL, Kerr CC, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2016 Jun; 30(9):1481-1482
- A no-brainer for ending AIDS: the case for a harm reduction decade.
Cook C, Lines R, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2016 Apr; 19(1):21129
- In the interests of time: improving HIV allocative efficiency modelling via optimal time-varying allocations.
Shattock AJ, Kerr CC, Stuart RM, Masaki E, Fraser N, Benedikt C, Gorgens M, Wilson DP, Gray RT
J Int AIDS Soc. 2016 Feb; 19(1):20627
- Projecting the epidemiological effect, cost-effectiveness and transmission of HIV drug resistance in Vietnam associated with viral load monitoring strategies.
Quang Duy Pham, David P Wilson, Thuong Vu Nguyen, Nhan Thi Do, Lien Xuan Truong, Long Thanh Nguyen, Lei Zhang
J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016 Feb; 71(5):1367-1379
- "I Do Feel Like a Scientist at Times": A Qualitative Study of the Acceptability of Molecular Point-Of-Care Testing for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea to Primary Care Professionals in a Remote High STI Burden Setting.
Natoli L, Guy RJ, Shephard M, Causer L, Badman SG, Hengel B, Tangey A, Ward J, Coburn T, Anderson D, Kaldor J, Maher L; TTANGO Investigators (including Basil Donovan, David Wilson, David Regan, Handan Wand, David Whiley, Sepehr N. Tabrizi, Christopher Fairley)
PLoS One. 2015 Dec; 10(12):e0145993
- Sustainable HIV treatment in Africa through viral-load-informed differentiated care.
Working Group on Modelling of Antiretroviral Therapy Monitoring Strategies in Sub-Saharan Africa, Phillips A, Shroufi A, Vojnov L, Cohn J, Roberts T, Ellman T, Bonner K, Rousseau C, Garnett G, Cambiano V, Nakagawa F, Ford D, Bansi-Matharu L, Miners A, Lundgren JD, Eaton JW, Parkes-Ratanshi R, Katz Z, Maman D, Ford N, Vitoria M, Doherty M, Dowdy D, Nichols B, Murtagh M, Wareham M, Palamountain KM, Chakanyuka Musanhu C, Stevens W, Katzenstein D, Ciaranello A, Barnabas R, Braithwaite RS, Bendavid E, Nathoo KJ, van de Vijver D, Wilson DP, Holmes C, Bershteyn A, Walker S, Raizes E, Jani I, Nelson LJ, Peeling R, Terris-Prestholt F, Murungu J, Mutasa-Apollo T, Hallett TB, Revill P
Nature. 2015 Dec; 528(7580):S68-S76
- The funding landscape for HIV in Asia and the Pacific.
Stuart RM, Lief E, Donald B, Wilson D, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2015 Nov; 18(1):20004
- The prevalence and correlates of undiagnosed HIV among Australian gay and bisexual men: results of a national, community-based, bio-behavioural survey.
Holt M, Lea T, Asselin J, Hellard M, Prestage G, Wilson D, de Wit J, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2015 Nov; 18(1):20526
- Compulsory Treatment of Drug Users in Asia: Designed To Torture?
Dolan K, Worth H, Wilson DP
Int J Prisoner Health. 2015 Nov; Epub ahead of print
- The paradox of euthanizing koalas (Phascolarctos cinereus) to save populations.
David P Wilson, Andrew P Craig, Jon Hanger, Peter Timms
J Wildl Dis. 2015 Oct; 51(4):833-842
- Can we know in advance whether models will get it right?
David P Wilson, Cliff C Kerr
Lancet Glob Health. 2015 Oct; 3(10):e577-e578
- The potential impact of vaccination on the prevalence of gonorrhea.
Andrew P Craig, Richard T Gray, Jennifer L Edwards, Michael A Apicella, Michael P Jennings, David P Wilson, Kate L Seib
Vaccine. 2015 Aug; 33(36):4520-4525
- Inferring HIV incidence from case surveillance with CD4+ cell counts.
James Jansson, Cliff C Kerr, Kylie-Ann Mallitt, Jianyun Wu, Richard T Gray, David P Wilson
AIDS. 2015 Jul; 29(12):1517-1525
- Estimating the Cost-Effectiveness of HIV Prevention Programmes in Vietnam, 2006-2010: A Modelling Study.
Quang Duy Pham, David P Wilson, Cliff C Kerr, Andrew J Shattock, Hoa Mai Do, Anh Thuy Duong, Long Thanh Nguyen, Lei Zhang
PLoS One. 2015 Jul; 10(7):e0133171
- Estimating antiretroviral treatment coverage rates and viral suppression rates for homosexual men in Australia.
Nicole L De La Mata, Limin Mao, John De Wit, Don Smith, Martin Holt, Garrett Prestage, David P Wilson, Kathy Petoumenos
Sex Health. 2015 Jul; 12(5):453-457
- Syphilis: a fresh look at an old foe.
M.Y. Chen, J.D. Klausner, C.K. Fairley, R. Guy, D. Wilson, B. Donovan
Sex Health. 2015 Jul; 12:93-95
- Optima: A Model for HIV Epidemic Analysis, Program Prioritization, and Resource Optimization.
Cliff C Kerr, Robyn M Stuart, Richard T Gray, Andrew J Shattock, Nicole Fraser-Hurt, Clemens Benedikt, Markus Haacker, Maxim Berdnikov, Ahmed Mohamed Mahmood, Seham Abdalla Jaber, Marelize Gorgens, David P Wilson
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015 Jul; 69(3):365-376
- HIV Cascade Monitoring and Simple Modeling Reveal Potential for Reductions in HIV Incidence.
Sherrie L Kelly, David P Wilson
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015 Jul; 69(3):257-263
- Potential public health benefits of HIV testing occurring at home in Australia.
Rebecca J Guy, Garrett P Prestage, Andrew Grulich, Martin Holt, Damian P Conway, Muhammad S Jamil, Phillip Keen, Philip Cunningham, David P Wilson
Med J Aust. 2015 Jun; 202(10):529-531
- Scaling up of HIV treatment for men who have sex with men in Bangkok: a modelling and costing study.
Lei Zhang, Nittaya Phanuphak, Klara Henderson, Siriporn Nonenoy, Sasiwan Srikaew, Andrew J Shattock, Cliff C Kerr, Brenda Omune, Frits van Griensven, Sutayut Osornprasop, Robert Oelrichs, Jintanat Ananworanich, David P Wilson
Lancet HIV. 2015 May; 2(5):e200-e207
- Men who have sex with men in southern Vietnam report high levels of substance use and sexual risk behaviours but underutilise HIV testing services: a cross-sectional study.
Quang Duy Pham, Thuong Vu Nguyen, Phuc Duy Nguyen, San Hoang Le, Anh Tho Tran, Long Thanh Nguyen, David Peter Wilson, Lei Zhang
Sex Transm Infect. 2015 May; 91(3):178-182
- Is it time to switch to doxycycline from azithromycin for treating genital chlamydial infections in women? Modelling the impact of autoinoculation from the gastrointestinal tract to the genital tract.
Andrew P Craig, Fabian Y S Kong, Laxmi Yeruva, Jane S Hocking, Roger G Rank, David P Wilson, Basil Donovan
BMC Infect Dis. 2015 Apr; 15:200
- Control of trachoma in Australia: a model based evaluation of current interventions.
Andrew J Shattock, Manoj Gambhir, Hugh R Taylor, Carleigh S Cowling, John M Kaldor, David P Wilson
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2015 Apr; 9(4):e0003474
- GBD 2013 and HIV incidence in high income countries.
Virginie Supervie, Chris P Archibald, Dominique Costagliola, Valerie Delpech, H Irene Hall, Florence Lot, Ard van Sighem, David P Wilson
Lancet. 2015 Mar; 385(9974):1177
- Reorienting the HIV response in Niger toward sex work interventions: from better evidence to targeted and expanded practice.
Nicole Fraser, Cliff C Kerr, Zakou Harouna, Zeinabou Alhousseini, Nejma Cheikh, Richard Gray, Andrew Shattock, David P Wilson, Markus Haacker, Zara Shubber, Emiko Masaki, Djibrilla Karamoko, Marelize Gorgens
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015 Mar; 68 Suppl 2:S213-S220
- National trachoma surveillance annual report, 2012.
Carleigh S Cowling, Bette C Liu, Thomas L Snelling, James S Ward, John M Kaldor, David P Wilson
Commun Dis Intell Q Rep. 2015 Mar; 39(1):E146-E157
- The cost-effectiveness of harm reduction.
David P Wilson, Braedon Donald, Andrew J Shattock, David Wilson, Nicole Fraser-Hurt
Int J Drug Policy. 2015 Feb; 26 Suppl 1:S5-11
- Target cell limitation constrains chlamydial load in persistent infections: results from mathematical modelling applied to mouse genital tract infection data.
Andrew P Craig, Roger G Rank, Anne K Bowlin, Handan Wand, David P Wilson
Pathog Dis. 2015 Feb; 73(1):1-8
- A new approach to estimating trends in chlamydia incidence.
Ali H, Cameron E, Drovandi CC, McCaw JM, Guy RJ, Middleton M, El-Hayek C, Hocking JS, Kaldor JM, Donovan B, Wilson DP; on behalf of the Australian chlamydia incidence estimation group.
Sex Transm Infect. 2015 Jan; 91(7):513-519
- A reality check for aspirational targets to end HIV.
Wilson DP, Stoové MA, Hellard M
Lancet HIV. 2015 Jan; 2(1):e11
- Just a little analysis.
J Roy Soc NSW. 2014 Dec; 147(453-454):91.93
- Feasible HCV targets in Egypt.
Jansson J, Wilson DP
Lancet Glob Health. 2014 Dec; 2(12):e687
- Global burden of transmitted HIV drug resistance and HIV-exposure categories: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Quang D Pham, David P Wilson, Matthew G Law, Anthony D Kelleher, Lei Zhang
AIDS. 2014 Nov; 28(18):2751-2762
- Embracing different approaches to estimating HIV incidence, prevalence and mortality.
Timothy B Hallett, Basia Zaba, John Stover, Tim Brown, Emma Slaymaker, Simon Gregson, David P Wilson, Kelsey K Case
AIDS. 2014 Nov; 28 Suppl 4:S523-S532
- Determinants of virological failure after 1 year's antiretroviral therapy in Vietnamese people with HIV: findings from a retrospective cohort of 13 outpatient clinics in six provinces.
Dam Anh Tran, David P Wilson, Anthony Shakeshaft, Anh Duc Ngo, Christopher Doran, Lei Zhang
Sex Transm Infect. 2014 Nov; 90(7):538-544
- Letter to the editor re: in vivo whole animal body imaging reveals colonization of Chlamydia muridarum to the lower genital tract at early stages of infection.
Andrew P Craig, David P Wilson
Mol Imaging Biol. 2014 Oct; 16(5):605
- A refined method for estimating the size of the potential blood donor pool in Australia.
Tarana T A Lucky, Anthony J Keller, Clive R Seed, June Lee, Claire Styles, Joanne Pink, David P Wilson
Transfusion. 2014 Oct; 54(10):2445-2455
- Impact of male circumcision on the HIV epidemic in Papua New Guinea: a country with extensive foreskin cutting practices.
Richard T Gray, Andrew Vallely, David P Wilson, John Kaldor, David MacLaren, Angela Kelly-Hanku, Peter Siba, John M Murray
PLoS One. 2014 Aug; 9(8):e104531
- Access to antiretroviral therapy and survival in eastern Europe and central Asia: a case study in Armenia.
Kylie-Ann Mallitt, Samvel R Grigoryan, Arshak S Papoyan, Handan C Wand, David P Wilson
J Int AIDS Soc. 2014 Aug; 17:18795
- A 5-year Chlamydia vaccination programme could reverse disease-related koala population decline: predictions from a mathematical model using field data.
Andrew P Craig, Jon Hanger, Jo Loader, William A H Ellis, John Callaghan, Cathryn Dexter, Darryl Jones, Kenneth W Beagley, Peter Timms, David P Wilson
Vaccine. 2014 Jul; 32(33):4163-4170
- Per-event probability of hepatitis C infection during sharing of injecting equipment.
Lies Boelen, Suzy Teutsch, David P Wilson, Kate Dolan, Greg J Dore, Andrew R Lloyd, Fabio Luciani
PLoS One. 2014 Jul; 9(7):e100749
- Cost-effectiveness of antiretroviral therapy expansion strategies in Vietnam.
Dam Anh Tran, David P Wilson, Anthony Shakeshaft, Anh Duc Ngo, Josephine Reyes, Christopher Doran, Lei Zhang
AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2014 Jul; 28(7):365-371
- Understanding noncompliance with selective donor deferral criteria for high-risk behaviors in Australian blood donors.
Tarana T A Lucky, Clive R Seed, Daniel Waller, June F Lee, Ann McDonald, Handan Wand, Stephen Wroth, Glen Shuttleworth, Anthony J Keller, Joanne Pink, David P Wilson
Transfusion. 2014 Jul; 54(7):1739-1749
- Predicting the population impact of increased HIV testing and treatment in Australia.
James Jansson, Cliff C Kerr, David P Wilson
Sex Health. 2014 Jul; 11(2):146-154
- Reply to Paltiel et al.
Karen Schneider, Richard T Gray, David P Wilson
Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Jul; 59(1):141
- Point-of-Care Testing for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea: Implications for Clinical Practice.
Natoli L, Maher L, Shephard M, Hengel B, Tangey A, Badman SG, Ward J, Guy RJ on behalf of the TTANGO Investigators (including Guy R, Kaldor J, Donovan B, Wilson D, Wand H, Regan D, Causer L, Hengel B, Anderson D, Whiley D, Tabrizi SN, Fairley C)
PLoS One. 2014 Jun; 9(6):e100518
- Is endemic political corruption hampering provision of ART and PMTCT in developing countries?
Wing Young Nicola Man, Heather Worth, Angela Kelly, David P Wilson, Peter Siba
J Int AIDS Soc. 2014 May; 17:18568
- Response to the modeling analysis by Katz et al. on the impact of replacing clinic-based HIV tests with home testing among men who have sex with men in Seattle.
Damian P Conway, Phillip Keen, Philip Cunningham, David Wilson
Sex Transm Dis. 2014 May; 41(5):319
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of HIV preexposure prophylaxis for men who have sex with men in Australia.
Karen Schneider, Richard T Gray, David P Wilson
Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Apr; 58(7):1027-1034
- Development status and future prospects for a vaccine against Chlamydia trachomatis infection.
Louise M Hafner, David P Wilson, Peter Timms
Vaccine. 2014 Mar; 32(14):1563-1571
- HIV service capacity: identifying current and future areas of clinical shortage.
Kylie-Ann Mallitt, James Jansson, Handan Wand, Levinia Crooks, David P Wilson
Sex Health. 2014 Mar; 11(1):17-23
- Spending of HIV resources in Asia and Eastern Europe: systematic review reveals the need to shift funding allocations towards priority populations.
Andrew P Craig, Hla-Hla Thein, Lei Zhang, Richard T Gray, Klara Henderson, David Wilson, Marelize Gorgens, David P Wilson
J Int AIDS Soc. 2014 Feb; 17:18822
- Compliance with the current 12-month deferral for male-to-male sex in Australia.
C R Seed, T T Lucky, D Waller, H Wand, J F Lee, S Wroth, A McDonald, J Pink, D P Wilson, A J Keller
Vox Sang. 2014 Jan; 106(1):14-22
- Health benefits, costs, and cost-effectiveness of earlier eligibility for adult antiretroviral therapy and expanded treatment coverage: a combined analysis of 12 mathematical models.
Jeffrey W Eaton, Nicolas A Menzies, John Stover, Valentina Cambiano, Leonid Chindelevitch, Anne Cori, Jan A C Hontelez, Salal Humair, Cliff C Kerr, Daniel J Klein, Sharmistha Mishra, Kate M Mitchell, Brooke E Nichols, Peter Vickerman, Roel Bakker, Till Barnighausen, Anna Bershteyn, David E Bloom, Marie-Claude Boily, Stewart T Chang, Ted Cohen, Peter J Dodd, Christophe Fraser, Chaitra Gopalappa, Jens Lundgren, Natasha K Martin, Evelinn Mikkelsen, Elisa Mountain, Quang D Pham, Michael Pickles, Andrew Phillips, Lucy Platt, Carel Pretorius, Holly J Prudden, Joshua A Salomon, David A M C van de Vijver, Sake J de Vlas, Bradley G Wagner, Richard G White, David P Wilson, Lei Zhang, John Blandford, Gesine Meyer-Rath, Michelle Remme, Paul Revill, Nalinee Sangrujee, Fern Terris-Prestholt, Meg Doherty, Nathan Shaffer, Philippa J Easterbrook, Gottfried Hirnschall, Timothy B Hallett
Lancet Glob Health. 2014 Jan; 2(1):e23-e34
- A systematic review of heterosexual anal intercourse and its role in the transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections in Papua New Guinea.
Angela Kelly-Hanku, Andrew Vallely, Wing Young Nicola Man, David Wilson, Greg Law, Richard Gray
BMC Public Health. 2013 Dec; 13:1108
- Qualitative exploration of HIV-related sexual behaviours and multiple partnerships among Chinese men who have sex with men living in a rural area of Yunnan Province, China.
Eric P F Chow, Liangmin Gao, Fung Kuen Koo, Liang Chen, Xiaoxing Fu, Jun Jing, David P Wilson, Lei Zhang
Sex Health. 2013 Dec; 10(6):533-540
- Pattern of HIV testing and multiple sexual partnerships among men who have sex with men in China.
Eric P F Chow, Jun Jing, Yuji Feng, Dai Min, Jun Zhang, David P Wilson, Xiaohu Zhang, Lei Zhang
BMC Infect Dis. 2013 Nov; 13:549
- Late diagnosis and entry to care after diagnosis of human immunodeficiency virus infection: a country comparison.
H Irene Hall, Jessica Halverson, David P Wilson, Barbara Suligoi, Mercedes Diez, Stephane Le Vu, Tian Tang, Ann McDonald, Laura Camoni, Caroline Semaille, Chris Archibald
PLoS One. 2013 Nov; 8(11):e77763
- HIV prevalence in China: integration of surveillance data and a systematic review.
Lei Zhang, Eric P F Chow, Jun Jing, Xun Zhuang, Xiaoshan Li, Meiqi He, Huamin Sun, Xiaoyan Li, Marelize Gorgens, David Wilson, Lan Wang, Wei Guo, Dongming Li, Yan Cui, Lu Wang, Ning Wang, Zunyou Wu, David P Wilson
Lancet Infect Dis. 2013 Nov; 13(11):955-963
- Trends in transfusion-transmissible infections among Australian blood donors from 2005 to 2010.
Tarana T A Lucky, Clive R Seed, Anthony Keller, June Lee, Ann McDonald, Susan Ismay, Handan Wand, David P Wilson
Transfusion. 2013 Nov; 53(11):2751-2762
- A randomised trial of point-of-care tests for chlamydia and gonorrhoea infections in remote Aboriginal communities: Test, Treat ANd GO- the "TTANGO" trial protocol.
Guy RJ, Natoli L, Ward J, Causer L, Hengel B, Whiley D, Tabrizi SN, Donovan B, Fairley CK, Badman SB, Tangey A, Wand H, Shephard M, Regan DG, Wilson D, Anderson D, Kaldor JM
BMC Infect Dis. 2013 Oct; 13(1):485
- HIV, HCV, and drug use in men who have sex with men.
Sean R Hosein, David P Wilson
Lancet. 2013 Sep; 382(9898):1095-1096
- Trends in and determinants of loss to follow up and early mortality in a rapid expansion of the antiretroviral treatment program in Vietnam: findings from 13 outpatient clinics.
Dam Anh Tran, Anh Duc Ngo, Anthony Shakeshaft, David P Wilson, Christopher Doran, Lei Zhang
PLoS One. 2013 Sep; 8(9):e73181
- HIV antiretroviral prophylaxis for injecting drug users.
Andrew P Craig, Richard Gray, James Jansson, David P Wilson
Lancet. 2013 Sep; 382(9895):854-855
- Modeling the impact of treatment failure on Chlamydia transmission and screening.
David G Regan, David P Wilson, Jane S Hocking
Sex Transm Dis. 2013 Sep; 40(9):700-703
- HIV disease burden and related risk behaviours among men who have sex with men in Yuxi Prefecture, Yunnan Province, China: 2010-2011.
Eric P F Chow, Liang Chen, Jun Jing, Liangmin Gao, Jun Zhang, David P Wilson, Lei Zhang
AIDS Behav. 2013 Sep; 17(7):2387-2394
- The potential impact of new generation molecular point-of-care tests on gonorrhoea and chlamydia in a setting of high endemic prevalence.
Ben B Hui, David P Wilson, James S Ward, Rebecca J Guy, John M Kaldor, Matthew G Law, Jane S Hocking, David G Regan
Sex Health. 2013 Aug; 10(4):348-356
- Antiretroviral therapy in men who have sex with men.
Sean R Hosein, David P Wilson
Lancet Infect Dis. 2013 Aug; 13(8):654-655
- Merging Australia's national HIV and AIDS registries: improving quality and completeness of data.
Lucky TT, McDonald AM, Wand H, Lam M, El-Hayek C, Wilson DP
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2013 Aug; 37(4):393-394
- Methadone maintenance treatment participant retention and behavioural effectiveness in China: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Lei Zhang, Eric P F Chow, Xun Zhuang, Yanxian Liang, Yafei Wang, Caiyun Tang, Li Ling, Joseph D Tucker, David P Wilson
PLoS One. 2013 Jul; 8(7):e68906
- Trends in HIV Transmission According to Differences in Numbers of Sexual Partnerships Among Men Who Have Sex with Men in China.
Zhang L, Chow EPF, Wilson DP
In Dynamic Models of Infectious Diseases (Editors: Rao and Durvasula) Springer. 2013 Jul; 2:147-176
- Australian trachoma surveillance annual report, 2011.
Carleigh S Cowling, Bette C Liu, James Ward, Tom L Snelling, John M Kaldor, David Wilson
Commun Dis Intell Q Rep. 2013 Jun; 37(2):E121-E129
- Analytical evaluation of GeneXpert CT/NG, the first genetic point-of-care assay for simultaneous detection of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis.
Sepehr N Tabrizi, Magnus Unemo, Daniel Golparian, Jimmy Twin, Athena E Limnios, Monica Lahra, Rebecca Guy and TTANGO Investigators including J. Ward, J.M. Kaldor, B. Donovan, D.P. Wilson, H. Wand, D. Regan, L. Causer, B. Hengel, D. Anderson, D. Whiley, M. Shephard, C.Fairley
J Clin Microbiol. 2013 Jun; 51(6):1945-1947
- Currently available medications in resource-rich settings may not be sufficient for lifelong treatment of HIV.
James Jansson, David P Wilson, Andrew Carr, Kathy Petoumenos, Mark A Boyd
AIDS. 2013 May; 27(8):1245-1251
- Ability to access community-based needle-syringe programs and injecting behaviors among drug users: a cross-sectional study in Hunan Province, China.
Lei Zhang, Xi Chen, Jun Zheng, Junshi Zhao, Jun Jing, Jun Zhang, Eric P F Chow, David P Wilson
Harm Reduct J. 2013 May; 10:8
- Population movement can sustain STI prevalence in remote Australian indigenous communities.
Ben B Hui, Richard T Gray, David P Wilson, James S Ward, Anthony M A Smith, David J Philip, Matthew G Law, Jane S Hocking, David G Regan
BMC Infect Dis. 2013 Apr; 13:188
- A critical epidemiological review of cardiovascular disease risk in HIV-infected adults: the importance of the HIV-uninfected comparison group, confounding, and competing risks--authors' reply.
D P Wilson, F M Islam, J Wu, J Jansson
HIV Med. 2013 Mar; 14(3):193-194
- Demand for HIV clinical services is increasing in Australia but supply is decreasing.
Kylie-Ann Mallitt, James Jansson, Levinia Crooks, David McGuigan, Handan Wand, David P Wilson
Sex Health. 2013 Mar; 10(1):43-46
- Increased HIV testing will modestly reduce HIV incidence among gay men in NSW and would be acceptable if HIV testing becomes convenient.
Richard T Gray, Garrett P Prestage, Ian Down, Muhammad Haris Ghaus, Alexander Hoare, Jack Bradley, David P Wilson
PLoS One. 2013 Feb; 8(2):e55449
- The potential cost and benefits of raltegravir in simplified second-line therapy among HIV infected patients in Nigeria and South Africa.
Karen Schneider, Chidi Nwizu, Richard Kaplan, Jonathan Anderson, David P Wilson, Sean Emery, David A Cooper, Mark A Boyd
PLoS One. 2013 Feb; 8(2):e54435
- High HIV prevalence and risk of infection among rural-to-urban migrants in various migration stages in China: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Lei Zhang, Eric P F Chow, Heiko J Jahn, Alexander Kraemer, David P Wilson
Sex Transm Dis. 2013 Feb; 40(2):136-147
- Rates of injection in prison in a sample of Australian-injecting drug users.
James Fetherston, Susan Carruthers, Tony Butler, David Wilson & Natasha Sindicich
J Subst Use. 2013 Jan; 18(1):65-73
- High rates of late HIV diagnosis among people who inject drugs compared to men who have sex with men and heterosexual men and women in Australia.
Handan Wand, Rebecca Guy, Matthew Law, David P Wilson, Lisa Maher
AIDS Behav. 2013 Jan; 17(1):235-241
- Determinants of antiretroviral therapy initiation and treatment outcomes for people living with HIV in Vietnam.
Dam Anh Tran, Anthony Shakeshaft, Anh Duc Ngo, Kylie-Ann Mallitt, David Wilson, Christopher Doran, Lei Zhang
HIV Clin Trials. 2013 Jan; 14(1):21-33
- Prevalence of HIV and syphilis infections among long-distance truck drivers in China: a data synthesis and meta-analysis.
Xiaohu Zhang, Eric P F Chow, David P Wilson, Xiaoshu Sun, Rui Zhao, Jun Zhang, Jun Jing, Lei Zhang
Int J Infect Dis. 2013 Jan; 17(1):e2-e7
- Structural barriers to timely initiation of antiretroviral treatment in Vietnam: findings from six outpatient clinics.
Dam Anh Tran, Anthony Shakeshaft, Anh Duc Ngo, John Rule, David P Wilson, Lei Zhang, Christopher Doran
PLoS One. 2012 Dec; 7(12):e51289
- Risk factors associated with HIV/HCV infection among entrants in methadone maintenance treatment clinics in China: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Xun Zhuang, Yafei Wang, Eric P F Chow, Yanxian Liang, David P Wilson, Lei Zhang
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2012 Dec; 126(3):286-295
- HIV and sexually transmissible infections among money boys in China: a data synthesis and meta-analysis.
Eric P F Chow, Ka I Iu, Xiaoxing Fu, David P Wilson, Lei Zhang
PLoS One. 2012 Nov; 7(11):e48025
- Estimating the cost-effectiveness of needle-syringe programs in Australia.
Jisoo A Kwon, Jonathan Anderson, Cliff C Kerr, Hla-Hla Thein, Lei Zhang, Jenny Iversen, Gregory J Dore, John M Kaldor, Matthew G Law, Lisa Maher, David P Wilson
AIDS. 2012 Nov; 26(17):2201-2210
- Understanding the modes of transmission model of new HIV infection and its use in prevention planning.
Case KK, Ghys PD, Gouws E, Eaton JW, Borquez A, Stover J, Cuchi P, Abu-Raddad LJ, Garnett GP, Hallett TB; HIV Modelling Consortium. Collaborators (Atun R, Auvert B, Bacaer N, Barnighausen T, Bershteyn A, Boily MC, Delva W, Eckhoff P, Foss A, Heijne J, Klein DJ, Low N, Lowndes CM, Mishra S, Pretorius C, Welte A, White P, Williams B, Wilson D, Wilson DP, Zaba B, Prudden H)
Bull World Health Organ. 2012 Nov; 90(11):831-838A
- Increasing gay men's testing rates and enhancing partner notification can reduce the incidence of syphilis.
Ian Down, David P Wilson, Pol Dominic McCann, Richard Gray, Alexander Hoare, Jack Bradley, Basil Donovan, Garrett Prestage
Sex Health. 2012 Nov; 9(5):472-480
- Prevalence of HIV/STIs and associated factors among men who have sex with men in An Giang, Vietnam.
Quang Duy Pham, Thuong Vu Nguyen, Cuong Quoc Hoang, Van Cao, Nghia Van Khuu, Huong Thu Thi Phan, Anh Hoang Mai, Huu Ngoc Tran, David Peter Wilson, Lei Zhang
Sex Transm Dis. 2012 Oct; 39(10):799-806
- Australian trachoma surveillance annual report, 2010.
Carleigh S Cowling, Gordana Povovic, Bette C Liu, James S Ward, Tom L Snelling, John M Kaldor, David P Wilson
Commun Dis Intell Q Rep. 2012 Sep; 36(3):E242-E250
- Describing the Chinese HIV surveillance system and the influences of political structures and social stigma.
Lei Zhang, Eric Pui Fung Chow, Jun Zhang, Jun Jing, David P Wilson
Open AIDS J. 2012 Sep; 6:163-168
- Is back-projection methodology still relevant for estimating HIV incidence from national surveillance data?
Kylie-Ann Mallitt, David P Wilson, Ann McDonald, Handan Wand
Open AIDS J. 2012 Sep; 6:108-111
- Projected demographic profile of people living with HIV in Australia: planning for an older generation.
James Jansson, David P Wilson
PLoS One. 2012 Aug; 7(8):e38334
- Distributions and trends in sexual behaviors and HIV incidence among men who have sex with men in China.
Lei Zhang, Eric P F Chow, David P Wilson
BMC Public Health. 2012 Jul; 12:546
- HIV treatment as prevention: natural experiments highlight limits of antiretroviral treatment as HIV prevention.
David P Wilson
PLoS Med. 2012 Jul; 9(7):e1001231
- HIV treatment as prevention: models, data, and questions--towards evidence-based decision-making.
HIV Modelling Consortium Treatment as Prevention Editorial Writing Group (including Wilson DP)
PLoS Med. 2012 Jul; 9(7):e1001259
- HIV treatment as prevention: principles of good HIV epidemiology modelling for public health decision-making in all modes of prevention and evaluation.
Wim Delva, David P Wilson, Laith Abu-Raddad, Marelize Gorgens, David Wilson, Timothy B Hallett, Alex Welte
PLoS Med. 2012 Jul; 9(7):e1001239
- An economic case for providing free access to antiretroviral therapy for HIV-positive people in South Australia.
Heymer KJ, Wentzlaff-Eggebert M, Mortimer E, Wilson DP
Sex Health. 2012 Jul; 9(3):220-226
- HIV and HCV prevalence among entrants to methadone maintenance treatment clinics in China: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Xun Zhuang, Yanxian Liang, Eric P F Chow, Yafei Wang, David P Wilson, Lei Zhang
BMC Infect Dis. 2012 Jun; 12:130
- The rate of HIV testing is increasing among men who have sex with men in China.
E P F Chow, D P Wilson, L Zhang
HIV Med. 2012 May; 13(5):255-263
- Could implementation of Australia's national gay men's syphilis action plan have an indirect effect on the HIV epidemic?
A. Hoare, R.T. Gray, D.P. Wilson
Sexual Health. 2012 May; 9(2):144-51
- HIV incidence trends vary between jurisdictions in Australia: an extended back-projection analysis of men who have sex with men.
Mallitt KA, Wilson DP, McDonald A, Wand H
Sexual Health. 2012 May; 9(2):138-43
- High annual syphilis testing rates among gay men in Australia, but insufficient retesting.
Rebecca Guy, Handan Wand, Martin Holt, Limin Mao, David P Wilson, Chris Bourne, Fraser Drummond, Geoff Honnor, Phillip Keen, Basil Donovan, Garrett Prestage
Sex Transm Dis. 2012 Apr; 39(4):268-275
- Patterns of condom use among men who have sex with men in China: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Chow EP, Wilson DP, Zhang L
AIDS Behav. 2012 Apr; 16(3):653-663
- Relative risk of renal disease among people living with HIV: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Fakhrul M Islam, Jianyun Wu, James Jansson, David P Wilson
BMC Public Health. 2012 Mar; 12:234
- Trends in notifiable infectious diseases in China: implications for surveillance and population health policy.
Lei Zhang, David P Wilson
PLoS One. 2012 Feb; 7(2):e31076
- Disproportionate impact of combination antiretroviral therapy on AIDS incidence in Australia: results from a modified back-projection model.
Wand H, Falster K, Wilson D, Law M, Maher L
AIDS Behav. 2012 Feb; 16(2):360-367
- Application of Estimation and Projection Package and Spectrum to the context of Australia’s HIV epidemic
Thein HH, Zhang L, Wand H, Wilson DP
Epidemiology. 2012 Jan; 2:111
- Developing and validating a scoring tool for identifying people who inject drugs at increased risk of hepatitis C virus infection.
Handan Wand, Jenny Iversen, David Wilson, Libby Topp, Lisa Maher
BMJ Open. 2012 Jan; 2(1):e000387
- A Review of the Extent of HIV Drug Resistance in Vietnam
QD Pham, DP Wilson, L Zhang
Journal of AIDS and Clinical Research. 2012 Jan
- Replacement of conventional HIV testing with rapid testing: mathematical modelling to predict the impact on further HIV transmission between men.
David P Wilson, Christopher K Fairley, Daniel Sankar, Henrietta Williams, Phillip Keen, Tim R H Read, Marcus Y Chen
Sex Transm Infect. 2011 Dec; 87(7):588-593
- Will changes in gay men's sexual behavior reduce syphilis rates?
Richard T Gray, Alexander Hoare, Pol Dominic McCann, Jack Bradley, Ian Down, Basil Donovan, Garrett Prestage, David P Wilson
Sex Transm Dis. 2011 Dec; 38(12):1151-1158
- Would gay men change their sexual behavior to reduce syphilis rates?
Pol Dominic McCann, Richard T Gray, Alexander Hoare, Jack Bradley, Ian Down, Basil Donovan, David P Wilson, Garrett Prestage
Sex Transm Dis. 2011 Dec; 38(12):1145-1150
- What is the potential for bisexual men in China to act as a bridge of HIV transmission to the female population? Behavioural evidence from a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Eric P F Chow, David P Wilson, Lei Zhang
BMC Infect Dis. 2011 Sep; 11:242
- Male circumcision for HIV prevention in Papua New Guinea: a summary of research evidence and recommendations for public health following a national policy forum.
A Vallely, D J MacLaren, W Kaleva, J Millan, R Tommbe, W Marape, C Manineng, H Buchanan, A Amos, R Frank, A Kelly, M Kupul, H Aeno, E Trowalle, L N John, M L Redman-Maclaren, C Ryan, K Browne, A Tynan, P S Hill, R T Gray, J Murray, D P Wilson, G Law, P Siba, W J H McBride, T Farley, J M Kaldor
P N G Med J. 2011 Sep; 54(3-4):91-108
- Overly optimistic forecasts of the impact of treatment as HIV prevention for men who have sex with men
Wilson DP, Grulich AE, Boyd M
Clin Infect Dis. 2011 Sep; 53(6):611-612
- Human immunodeficiency virus prevalence is increasing among men who have sex with men in China: findings from a review and meta-analysis.
Chow EP, Wilson DP, Zhang J, Jing J, Zhang L
Sex Transm Dis. 2011 Sep; 38(9):845-857
- Decision-making by people living with HIV requires communication from clinicians about the risks of transmission despite undetectable plasma viral load.
S R Hosein, D P Wilson
HIV Med. 2011 Sep; 12(8):516
- Treatment for prevention of HIV transmission in a localised epidemic: the case for South Australia.
Kelly-Jean Heymer, David P Wilson
Sex Health. 2011 Sep; 8(3):280-294
- Expected epidemiological impacts of introducing an HIV vaccine in Thailand: a model-based analysis.
Karen Schneider, Cliff C Kerr, Alexander Hoare, David P Wilson
Vaccine. 2011 Aug; 29(36):6086-6091
- Expected epidemiological impact of the introduction of a partially effective HIV vaccine among men who have sex with men in Australia.
Richard T Gray, Mohammad H Ghaus, Alexander Hoare, David P Wilson
Vaccine. 2011 Aug; 29(36):6125-6129
- HIV and syphilis co-infection increasing among men who have sex with men in China: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Eric P F Chow, David P Wilson, Lei Zhang
PLoS One. 2011 Aug; 6(8):e22768
- Understanding HIV in China
E.P.F. Chow, D.P. Wilson, L. Zhang
Sexually Transmitted Infections. 2011 Jul; 87(5):450
- Chemoprophylaxis is likely to be acceptable and could mitigate syphilis epidemics among populations of gay men.
David P Wilson, Garrett P Prestage, Richard T Gray, Alexander Hoare, Pol McCann, Ian Down, Rebecca J Guy, Fraser Drummond, Jeffrey D Klausner, Basil Donovan, John M Kaldor
Sex Transm Dis. 2011 Jul; 38(7):573-579
- Economic evaluation of monitoring virologic responses to antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected children in resource-limited settings.
Schneider K, Puthanakit T, Kerr S, Law MG, Cooper DA, Donovan B, Phanuphak N, Sirisanthana V, Ananworanich J, Ohata J, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2011 Jun; 25(9):1143-1151
- HIV in hiding: methods and data requirements for the estimation of the number of people living with undiagnosed HIV.
Working Group on Estimation of HIV Prevalence in Europe (including Wilson DP)
AIDS. 2011 May; 25(8):1017-1023
- Needle and syringe programs in Yunnan, China yield health and financial return.
Zhang L, Yap L, Xun Z, Wu Z, Wilson DP
BMC Public Health. 2011 Apr; 11:250
- Using population attributable risk to choose HIV prevention strategies in men who have sex with men.
Guy RJ, Wand H, Wilson DP, Prestage G, Jin F, Templeton DJ, Donovan B, Grulich AE, Kaldor JM
BMC Public Health. 2011 Apr; 11:247
- Incidence of HIV among men who have sex with men in France
Hosein SR, Wilson DP
Lancet Infect Dis. 2011 Apr; 11(4):.262-263
- A Nation of Creationists
Australasian Science. 2011 Apr; 32:14-16
- Men who have sex with men in China have relatively low numbers of sexual partners.
Lei Zhang, Eric Pui Fung Chow, David P Wilson
Infect Dis Rep. 2011 Mar; 3(1):e10
- Introductions to recent developments in HIV epidemic modelling.
Wilson DP, Garnett GP
Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2011 Mar; 6(2):91-93
- The prevalence of sexually transmitted infections in Papua New Guinea: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Vallely A, Page A, Dias S, Siba P, Lupiwa T, Law G, Millan J, Wilson DP, Murray JM, Toole M, Kaldor JM
PLoS One. 2010 Dec; 5(12):e15586
- Forecasting the Population-Level Impact of Reductions in HIV Antiretroviral Therapy in Papua New Guinea.
Richard T Gray, Lei Zhang, Tony Lupiwa, David P Wilson
AIDS Res Treat. 2010 Dec; 2011:891593
News Articles (9)