Long has worked as a business and data analyst across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. He has a wealth of local and international experience, where he has been responsible for designing and developing information systems.
He has previously worked on evidence-based approaches to designing nursing care rosters in aged care settings and is interested in exploring new data collection methods to facilitate evidence-based research.
- 2015-current: Data Manager, Burnet Institute
- 2010-2015: Data Analyst, Applied Aged Care Solutions, Melbourne
- 2007-2009: Business/Data Analyst, Binhminh Community Development Company, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2013: GradCertSc (Applied Statistics), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2005: MCom (Information Systems), University of New South Wales
- 2000: BCom, University of Sydney
ACCESS: The Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of Blood Borne Viruses and Sexually Transmitted Infections
The elimination of hepatitis C as a global public health threat
- Real-world monitoring progress towards the elimination of hepatitis C virus in Australia using sentinel surveillance of primary care clinics; an ecological study of hepatitis C virus antibody tests from 2009 to 2019.
Wilkinson AL, Pedrana A, Traeger MW, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Nguyen L, Polkinghorne V, Doyle JS, Thompson AJ, Howell J, Scott N, Dimech W, Guy R, Hellard M, Stoové M; EC Victoria Partnership and the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of blood borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections (ACCESS)
Epidemiol Infect. 2022 Jan; 150:e7
- Privacy-Preserving Record Linkage of Deidentified Records Within a Public Health Surveillance System: Evaluation Study.
Nguyen L, Stoové M, Boyle D, Callander D, McManus H, Asselin J, Guy R, Donovan B, Hellard M, El-Hayek C
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Jun; 22(6):e16757
- Trends in human immunodeficiency virus and sexually transmitted Infection testing among gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men after rapid scale-up of preexposure prophylaxis in Victoria, Australiaia.
Ryan KE, Asselin J, Fairley CK, Armishaw J, Lal L, Nguyen L, Murphy D, Traeger M, Hellard M, Hoy J, Stoové M, Wright E; PrEPX Study team
Sex Transm Dis. 2020 Apr; 47(8):516-552
- Association of HIV Preexposure Prophylaxis With Incidence of Sexually Transmitted Infections Among Individuals at High Risk of HIV Infection.
Traeger MW, Cornelisse VJ, Asselin J, Price B, Roth NJ, Willcox J, Tee BK, Fairley CK, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Vujovic O, Penn M, Cundill P, Forgan-Smith G, Gall J, Pickett C, Lal L, Mak A, Spelman TD, Nguyen L, Murphy DA, Ryan KE, El-Hayek C, West M, Ruth S, Batrouney C, Lockwood JT, Hoy JF, Hellard ME, Stoové MA, Wright EJ; PrEPX Study Team
JAMA. 2019 Apr; 321(14):1380-1390
- Monitoring the Control of Sexually Transmissible Infections and Blood-Borne Viruses: Protocol for the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS).
Callander D, Moreira C, El-Hayek C, Asselin J, van Gemert C, Watchirs Smith L, Nguyen L, Dimech W, Boyle DI, Donovan B, Stoové M, Hellard M, Guy R
JMIR Res Protoc. 2018 Nov; 7(11):e11028
- Protocol for an HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Population Level Intervention Study in Victoria Australia: The PrEPX Study.
Ryan KE, Mak A, Stoove M, Price B, Fairley CK, Ruth S, Lal L, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Nguyen L, Batrouney C, Wilson D, Lockwood J, Murphy D, Cornelisse VJ, Roth N, Willcox J, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Tee BK, Penn M, Forgan-Smith G, Williams C, Montgomery J, Byron K, Coelho A, Allen B, Wiggins J, Kelsall J, Vujovic O, West M, Pierce AB, Gallant D, Bell C, de Wit JBF, Hoy JF, Wesselingh SL, Grant RM, Wright EJ
Front Public Health. 2018 May; 6:151