I am an infectious diseases physician and completed my advanced training at the Alfred and Geelong Hospital.
Since obtaining my fellowship I have been working at Barwon Health and teaching at Deakin University.
I have an interest in blood borne viruses and sexually transmitted infections, and have been working in the sexual health and liver clinics at Barwon Health for some years.
Recently I have undertaken managing the liver clinic, which provides viral hepatitis services to the area.
My research topic is models of care for hepatitis C in the era of directly acting antivirals and Margaret Hellard is my primary supervisor.
My ultimate goal is to increase hepatitis C service provision for those in regional and rural areas.
Director, Liver clinic, Barwon Health
Infectious Diseases physician, Barwon Health
MBBS (Hons), Monash, 1999
FRACP (Infectious Diseases), 2008
- Community-based provision of direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C: study protocol and challenges of a randomized controlled trial.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Gane E, Stedman C, Draper B, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Petrie D, Scott N, Higgs P, Agius PA, Roney J, Stothers L, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
Trials. 2018 Jul; 19(1):383
- Health issues of refugees attending an infectious disease refugee health clinic in a regional Australian hospital
Masters PJ, Lanfranco PJ, Sneath E, Wade AJ, Huffam S, Pollard J, Standish J, McCloskey K, Athan E, O'Brien DP, Friedman ND
Aust J Gen Pract. 2018 May; 47(5):305-310
- Aiming for elimination: outcomes of a consultation pathway supporting regional general practitioners to prescribe direct acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C.
Wade AJ, McCormack A, Roder C, McDonald K, Davies M, Scott N, Wardrop M, Athan E, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Apr; 25(9):1089-1098
- Heterogeneity in hepatitis C treatment prescribing and uptake in Australia: a geospatial analysis of a year of unrestricted treatment access.
Scott N, Hainsworth SW, Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Wade A, Hellard M
J Virus Erad. 2018 Apr; 4(2):108-114
- Postoperative enteritis due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
Allenc Cheng, Amanda Wade, Owenc Harris, Conrad Brandt, Eugene Athan
ANZ J Surg. 2006 Aug; 76(8):763
- Spontaneous splenic rupture: a rare complication of Q fever in Australia.
Amanda J Wade, Tim Walker, Eugene Athan, Andrew J Hughes
Med J Aust. 2006 Apr; 184(7):364
- Q fever outbreak at a cosmetics supply factory.
Amanda J Wade, Allen C Cheng, Eugene Athan, Jo L Molloy, Owen C Harris, John Stenos, Andrew J Hughes
Clin Infect Dis. 2006 Apr; 42(7):e50-e52