Amanda is an infectious diseases physician who completed advanced training at The Alfred and Geelong Hospitals.
Since obtaining her fellowship, she has worked at Barwon Health and taught at Deakin University.
Amanda has an interest in blood-borne viruses and sexually transmitted infections, and has been working in the sexual health and liver clinics at Barwon Health for some years.
Recently she started managing the liver clinic, which provides viral hepatitis services to the area.
She was awarded her PhD in 2018 after investigating models of care for hepatitis C in the era of directly-acting antivirals. Professor Margaret Hellard AM was her primary supervisor.
Amanda’s goal is to increase hepatitis C service provision for those in regional and rural areas.
- Director, Liver clinic, Barwon Health
- Infectious diseases physician, Barwon Health
- 2018: PhD
- 2008: FRACP (Infectious Diseases)
- 1999: MBBS (Hons), Monash
- Community-based provision of direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C: study protocol and challenges of a randomized controlled trial.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Gane E, Stedman C, Draper B, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Petrie D, Scott N, Higgs P, Agius PA, Roney J, Stothers L, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
Trials. 2018 Jul; 19(1):383
- Health issues of refugees attending an infectious disease refugee health clinic in a regional Australian hospital
Masters PJ, Lanfranco PJ, Sneath E, Wade AJ, Huffam S, Pollard J, Standish J, McCloskey K, Athan E, O'Brien DP, Friedman ND
Aust J Gen Pract. 2018 May; 47(5):305-310
- Aiming for elimination: outcomes of a consultation pathway supporting regional general practitioners to prescribe direct acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C.
Wade AJ, McCormack A, Roder C, McDonald K, Davies M, Scott N, Wardrop M, Athan E, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Apr; 25(9):1089-1098
- Heterogeneity in hepatitis C treatment prescribing and uptake in Australia: a geospatial analysis of a year of unrestricted treatment access.
Scott N, Hainsworth SW, Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Wade A, Hellard M
J Virus Erad. 2018 Apr; 4(2):108-114
- Postoperative enteritis due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
Allenc Cheng, Amanda Wade, Owenc Harris, Conrad Brandt, Eugene Athan
ANZ J Surg. 2006 Aug; 76(8):763
- Spontaneous splenic rupture: a rare complication of Q fever in Australia.
Amanda J Wade, Tim Walker, Eugene Athan, Andrew J Hughes
Med J Aust. 2006 Apr; 184(7):364
- Q fever outbreak at a cosmetics supply factory.
Amanda J Wade, Allen C Cheng, Eugene Athan, Jo L Molloy, Owen C Harris, John Stenos, Andrew J Hughes
Clin Infect Dis. 2006 Apr; 42(7):e50-e52