Jason joined Burnet Institute after eight years of working in HIV community-based prevention and support in both Toronto and Melbourne.
During his tenure at the Victorian AIDS Council, Jason has been a community partner on several Burnet projects, most notably the Suck It and See HIV seroprevalence study in 2008, and the ongoing Queer as F**k/Being Brendo social media project addressing HIV among gay and bisexual men.
Building on this experience, Jason will be leading the national coordination of the COUNT study, which will be looking at seroprevalence and undiagnosed HIV among gay men in Australian cities.
Jason has an interest in HIV epidemiology among gay and other men who have sex with men (GMSM), and risk practices of young men who have sex with men (YMSM).
- 2005: Grad Dip Health Promotion, Centennial College, Toronto, Canada
- 2004: BSc (Hons), University of Toronto, Canada
- Evaluation of PrEP eligibility criteria using sexually transmissible infections as HIV risk markers at enrolment in PrEPX, a large Australian HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis trial.
Cornelisse VJ, Fairley CK, Stoove M, Asselin J, Chow EPF, Price B, Roth NJ, Willcox J, Tee BK, Penn M, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Forgan-Smith G, Wright EJ; PrEPX study team
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Nov; 67(12):1847-52
- Monitoring the Control of Sexually Transmissible Infections and Blood-Borne Viruses: Protocol for the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS).
Callander D, Moreira C, El-Hayek C, Asselin J, van Gemert C, Watchirs Smith L, Nguyen L, Dimech W, Boyle DI, Donovan B, Stoové M, Hellard M, Guy R
JMIR Res Protoc. 2018 Nov; 7(11):e11028
- Measuring and understanding the attitudes of Australian gay and bisexual men towards biomedical HIV prevention using cross-sectional data and factor analyses.
Wilkinson AL, Draper BL, Pedrana AE, Asselin J, Holt M, Hellard ME, Stoové M
Sex Transm Infect. 2018 Jun; 94(4):309-3014
- Protocol for an HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Population Level Intervention Study in Victoria Australia: The PrEPX Study.
Ryan KE, Mak A, Stoove M, Price B, Fairley CK, Ruth S, Lal L, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Nguyen L, Batrouney C, Wilson D, Lockwood J, Murphy D, Cornelisse VJ, Roth N, Willcox J, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Tee BK, Penn M, Forgan-Smith G, Williams C, Montgomery J, Byron K, Coelho A, Allen B, Wiggins J, Kelsall J, Vujovic O, West M, Pierce AB, Gallant D, Bell C, de Wit JBF, Hoy JF, Wesselingh SL, Grant RM, Wright EJ
Front Public Health. 2018 May; 6:151
- Declining prevalence of undiagnosed HIV in Melbourne: results from community-based bio-behavioural studies of gay and bisexual men.
Stoové M, Asselin J, Pedrana A, Lea T, Hellard M, Wilson D, Prestage G, de Wit J, Holt M
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2018 Feb; 42(1):57-61
- A longitudinal cohort study of HIV 'treatment as prevention' in gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men: the Treatment with Antiretrovirals and their Impact on Positive And Negative men (TAIPAN) study protocol.
Callander D, Stoové M, Carr A, Hoy JF, Petoumenos K, Hellard M, Elliot J, Templeton DJ, Liaw S, Wilson DP, Grulich A, Cooper DA, Pedrana A, Donovan B, McMahon J, Prestage G, Holt M, Fairley CK, McKellar-Stewart N, Ruth S, Asselin J, Keen P, Cooper C, Allan B, Kaldor JM, Guy R
BMC Infect Dis. 2016 Dec; 16(1):752
- The Impact of a Social Marketing Campaign on HIV and Sexually Transmissible Infection Testing Among Men Who Have Sex With Men in Australia.
Wilkinson AL, Pedrana AE, El-Hayek C, Vella AM, Asselin J, Batrouney C, Fairley CK, Read TR, Hellard M, Stoové M
Sex Transm Dis. 2016 Jan; 43(1):49-56
- Stop the Drama Downunder: A Social Marketing Campaign Increases HIV/Sexually Transmitted Infection Knowledge and Testing in Australian Gay Men.
Pedrana A, Hellard M, Guy R, El-Hayek C, Gouillou M, Asselin J, Batrouney C, Nguyen P, StoovÃ¨ M
Sex Transm Dis. 2012 Aug; 39(8):651-658
- Developing health promotion interventions on social networking sites: recommendations from The FaceSpace Project.
Gold J, Pedrana AE, Stoové MA, Chang S, Howard S, Asselin J, Ilic O, Batrouney C, Hellard ME
J Med Internet Res. 2012 Feb; 14(1):e30
News Articles (5)