Geoff spent from 2011 to 2013 based in Papua New Guinea, working on a range of Burnet projects including the East New Britain Sexual Health Improvement Project and Home Based Malaria Management.
Prior to joining Burnet he worked in other areas of development, including education and disaster risk reduction.
Geoff has strong practical experience in health programming and implementation in developing contexts, including training and capacity building approaches.
- 2010: MPH, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
- 2003: Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary), University of Melbourne
- 2002: BA (Hons, Italian), University of Melbourne
Building a Centre of Excellence for Research and Training for DR-TB in Daru, Papua New Guinea
ESCAPE-TB: Enhanced screening and preventive therapy for TB in Daru, PNG
RID-TB Patient Education and Counselling
RID-TB: Reducing the Impact of Drug-Resistant TB in Western Province, PNG
The Social and Cultural Determinants of TB in Daru [SCuD-TB Daru – Study 1]
Zero TB initiative Yogyakarta
- The emergency response to multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Daru, Western Province, Papua New Guinea, 2014–2017
Morris L, Hiasihri S, Chan G, Honjepari A, Tugo O, Taune M, Aia P, Dakulala P, Majumdar, SS
Pub Health Act. 2019 Sep; 9(Supplement 1):S4-S11
- Successful implementation of bedaquiline for multidrug-resistant TB treatment in remote Papua New Guinea.
Taune M, Ustero P, Hiashiri S, Huang K, Aia P, Morris L, Main S, Chan G, du Cros P, Majumdar SS
Pub Health Act. 2019 Sep; 9(Supplement 1):S73-S79
- TB treatment delay associated with drug resistance and admission at Daru General Hospital in Papua New Guinea.
Hapolo E, Ilai J, Francis T, du Cros P., Taune M, Chan G
Pub Health Act. 2019 Sep; 9(Supplement 1):S50-S56
- Implementation of screening and management of household contacts of tuberculosis cases in Daru, Papua New Guinea
Honjepari A, Madiowi S, Madjus S, Burkot C, Islam S, Chan G, Majumdar SS, Graham SM
Pub Health Act. 2019 Sep; 9(Supplement 1):S25-S31
- Training for Tuberculosis Elimination in Indonesia: Achievements, Reflections, and Potential for Impact.
Main S, Lestari T, Triasih R, Chan G, Davidson L, Majumdar S, Santoso D, Phung S, Laukkala J, Graham S, du Cros P, Ralph A
Trop Med Infect Dis. 2019 Jul; 4(3):E107
- Fiji National Immunisation Coverage Survey - 2013
Devi R, Volavola L, Jenkins K, Comrie-Thomson L, Chan G
Fiji J Pub Health. 2014 Jul; 3(2):8-13
- The Papua New Guinea national health and HIV research agenda.
Viergever R, Kitur U, Chan G, Airi, J. Kaleva W. Sikosana P, N’Dreland G, Morgan C
Lancet Glob Health. 2014 Feb; 2(2):e74-e75
News Articles (22)