Dr Wines holds a leadership position within the Immune Therapies Group of Professor Mark Hogarth researching the biology of antibodies and Fc receptors, which are of fundamental importance to new therapeutic approaches to treating cancer, infection, inflammation, autoimmunity and allergy.
As a chief investigator with Professor Hogarth over a near 20-year period, his work has attracted nearly continuous funding from the peak national body, the National Health and Medical Research Council. The research outputs of the group have been diverse and have emphasized translational outcomes, as shown by a strong patent history, CRC-Biomarker membership and support by medical biotechnology industry partners.
Dr Wines is a named inventor on three patents covering antibody Fc-mediated effector function. His work has explored antibody scaffolds with enhanced effector functions for the treatment of infectious disease and cancer or contrariwise antibodies with enhanced interaction with a key inhibitory ‘checkpoint’ receptor for the treatment of inflammation and allergy.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr Wines has played a key role in the development of anti-viral Fc fusion protein biologicals. He has engineered effector functions of the fusion proteins which enhance their antiviral activities.
Dr Wines has engineered both effective inhibitors of immune complex-mediated activation and assays for evaluating the effector potential of antibody responses in vaccination and infection. He has further developed these for measuring the activating capacity of antibody responses to vaccines, in infection, allergy and autoimmunity.
Dr Wines undertook a biochemical and mutational analysis of FcαRI and highlighted the role of FcαRI and IgA in immunity in studies that first defined the molecular basis of this receptor:ligand interaction.
In collaboration with John Fraser of the University of Auckland, Dr Wines defined the role of SSL (Staphylococcal Superantigen-like toxin) proteins in S. aureus evasion of antibody and complement mediated immunity. Dr Wines led a team that solved the structure of SSL7 in complex with human IgA-Fc and identified the binding sites of multiple SSL proteins which contributed to collaborative structural studies.
- 2006-present: Senior Research Officer, Burnet Institute, Victoria, Australia
- 2006-present: Senior Fellow, Department of Immunology, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
- 2003-present: Senior Fellow, Department of Pathology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 1994-2006: Senior Research Officer, Austin Research Institute, A&RMC, Victoria, Australia
- 1992-1994: Senior Associate, Victoria University, Victoria, Australia
- 1992- Oct 1994: Postdoctoral Fellow, Oncology Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- 1990-1992: Research Officer, Centre for Molecular Biology and Medicine, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
- PhD, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- BSc (Hons), University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Fc Receptor Targeted Treatments in Inflammation and Allergy
Stellabody® Technology in Infectious Disease – COVID-19 and beyond
Stellabody® Technology in Cancer Therapy
- RNA sequencing of single allergen-specific memory B cells after grass pollen immunotherapy: two unique cell fates and CD29 as a biomarker for treatment effect.
McKenzie CI, Varese N, Aui PM, Reinwald S, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Thien F, Hew M, Rolland JM, O'Hehir RE, van Zelm MC
Allergy. 2023 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Immunization with inactivated whole virus particle influenza virus vaccines improves the humoral response landscape in cynomolgus macaques.
Chua BY, Sekiya T, Koutsakos M, Nomura N, Rowntree LC, Nguyen THO, McQuilten HA, Ohno M, Ohara Y, Nishimura T, Endo M, Itoh Y, Habel JR, Selva KJ, Wheatley AK, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Kent SJ, Chung AW, Jackson DC, Brown LE, Shingai M, Kedzierska K, Kida H
PLoS Pathog. 2022 Oct; 18(10):e1010891
- Induction, decay, and determinants of functional antibodies following vaccination with the RTS,S malaria vaccine in young children.
Feng G, Kurtovic L, Agius PA, Aitken EH, Sacarlal J, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Rogerson SJ, Fowkes FJI, Dobaño C, Beeson JG
BMC Med. 2022 Aug; 20(1):289
- Fc engineered ACE2-Fc is a potent multifunctional agent targeting SARS-CoV2.
Wines BD, Kurtovic L, Trist HM, Esparon S, Lopez E, Chappin K, Chan LJ, Mordant FL, Lee WS, Gherardin NA, Patel SK, Hartley GE, Pymm P, Cooney JP, Beeson JG, Godfrey DI, Burrell LM, van Zelm MC, Wheatley AK, Chung AW, Tham WH, Subbarao K, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM
Front Immunol. 2022 Jul; 13:889372
- Age-dependent changes in circulating Tfh cells influence development of functional malaria antibodies in children.
Chan JA, Loughland JR, de la Parte L, Okano S, Ssewanyana I, Nalubega M, Nankya F, Musinguzi K, Rek J, Arinaitwe E, Tipping P, Bourke P, Andrew D, Dooley N, SheelaNair A, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Beeson JG, Greenhouse B, Dorsey G, Kamya M, Hartel G, Minigo G, Feeney M, Jagannathan P, Boyle MJ
Nat Commun. 2022 Jul; 13(1):4159
- A Quantitative Approach to Unravel the Role of Host Genetics in IgG-FcgammaR Complex Formation After Vaccination.
Lemke MM, Theisen RM, Bozich ER, McLean MR, Lee CY, Lopez E, Rerks-Ngarm S, Pitisuttithum P, Nitayaphan S, Kratochvil S, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Kent SJ, Chung AW, Arnold KBKelly B Arnold
Front Immunol. 2022 Feb; 13:820148
- Role of anti-HBs in functional cure of HBeAg+ chronic hepatitis B patients infected with HBV genotype A.
Xu H, Locarnini S, Wong D, Hammond R, Colledge D, Soppe S, Huynh T, Shaw T, Thompson AJ, Revill PA, Hogarth PM, Wines BD, Walsh R, Warner N
J Hepatol. 2022 Jan; 76(1):34-45
- Adults with Plasmodium falciparum malaria have higher magnitude and quality of circulating T-follicular helper cells compared to children.
Oyong DA, Loughland JR, Soon MSF, Chan JA, Andrew D, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Olver SD, Collinge AD, Varelias A, Beeson JG, Kenangalem E, Price RN, Anstey NM, Minigo G, Boyle MJ
EBioMedicine. 2022 Jan; 75:103784
- A point-of-care lateral flow assay for neutralising antibodies against SARS-CoV-2.
Fulford TS, Van H, Gherardin NA, Zheng S, Ciula M, Drummer HE, Redmond S, Tan HX, Boo I, Center RJ, Li F, Grimley SL, Wines BD, Nguyen THO, Mordant FL, Ellenberg P, Rowntree LC, Kedzierski L, Cheng AC, Doolan DL, Matthews G, Bond K, Hogarth PM, McQuilten Z, Subbarao K, Kedzierska K, Juno JA, Wheatley AK, Kent SJ, Williamson DA, Purcell DFJ, Anderson DA, Godfrey DI
EBioMedicine. 2021 Dec; 74:103729
- Fc binding by FcγRIIa Is essential for cellular activation by the anti-FcγRIIa mAbs 8.26 and 8.2.
Wines BD, Trist HM, Esparon S, Impey RE, Mackay GA, Andrews RK, Soares da Costa TP, Pietersz GA, Baker RI, Hogarth PM
Front Immunol. 2021 Oct; 12:666813
- Robust and prototypical immune responses toward influenza vaccines in the high-risk group of Indigenous Australians.
Hensen L, Nguyen THO, Rowntree LC, Damelang T, Koutsakos M, Aban M, Hurt A, Harland KL, Auladell M, van de Sandt CE, Everitt A, Blacker C, Oyong DA, Loughland JR, Webb JR, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Flanagan KL, Plebanski M, Wheatley A, Chung AW, Kent SJ, Miller A, Clemens EB, Doherty PC, Nelson J, Davies J, Tong SYC, Kedzierska K
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2021 Oct; 118(41):e2109388118
- A systems approach to elucidate personalized mechanistic complexities of antibody-Fc receptor activation post-vaccination.
Lemke MM, McLean MR, Lee CY, Lopez E, Bozich ER, Rerks-Ngarm S, Pitisuttithum P, Nitayaphan S, Kratochvil S, **Wines BD**, Hogarth PM, Kent SJ, Chung AW, Arnold KB
Cell Rep Med. 2021 Sep; 2(9):100386
- Enhanced ability of plant-derived PGT121 glycovariants to eliminate HIV-1-infected cells.
Anand SP, Ding S, Tolbert WD, Prévost J, Richard J, Gil HM, Gendron-Lepage G, Cheung WF, Wang H, Pastora R, Saxena H, Wakarchuk W, Medjahed H, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Shaw GM, Martin MA, Burton DR, Hangartner L, Evans DT, Pazgier M, Cossar D, McLean MD, Finzi A
J Virol. 2021 Jul; 95(18):e0079621
- Developing a multivariate prediction model of antibody features associated with protection of malaria-infected pregnant women from placental malaria.
Aitken EH, Damelang T, Ortega-Pajares A, Alemu A, Hasang W, Dini S, Unger HW, Ome-Kaius M, Nielsen MA, Salanti A, Smith J, Kent S, Hogarth PM, Wines BD, Simpson JA, Chung A, Rogerson SJ
Elife. 2021 Jun; 10:e65776
- Decay of Fc-dependent antibody functions after mild to moderate COVID-19.
Lee WS, Selva KJ, Davis SK, Wines BD, Reynaldi A, Esterbauer R, Kelly HG, Haycroft ER, Tan HX, Juno JA, Wheatley AK, Hogarth PM, Cromer D, Davenport MP, Chung AW, Kent SJ
Cell Rep Med. 2021 May; 2(6):100296
- Improved HIV-positive infant survival is correlated with high levels of HIV-specific ADCC activity in multiple cohorts.
Yaffe ZA, Naiman NE, Slyker J, Wines BD, Richardson BA, Hogarth PM, Bosire R, Farquhar C, Ngacha DM, Nduati R, John-Stewart G, Overbaugh J
Cell Rep Med. 2021 Apr; 2(4):100254
- Safety and immunogenicity of an MF59-adjuvanted spike glycoprotein-clamp vaccine for SARS-CoV-2: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 1 trial.
Chappell KJ, Mordant FL, Li Z, Wijesundara DK, Ellenberg P, Lackenby JA, Cheung STM, Modhiran N, Avumegah MS, Henderson CL, Hoger K, Griffin P, Bennet J, Hensen L, Zhang W, Nguyen THO, Marrero-Hernandez S, Selva KJ, Chung AW, Tran MH, Tapley P, Barnes J, Reading PC, Nicholson S, Corby S, Holgate T, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Kedzierska K, Purcell DFJ, Ranasinghe C, Subbarao K, Watterson D, Young PR, Munro TP
Lancet Infect Dis. 2021 Apr; 21(10):1383-1394
- Enhancement of antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity and phagocytosis in anti-HIV-1 bovine chimeric broadly-neutralizing antibodies.
Edwards JM, Heydarchi B, Khoury G, Salazar-Quiroz NA, Gonelli CA, Wines B, Hogarth PM, Kristensen AB, Parsons MS, Purcell DF
J Virol. 2021 Apr; 95(13):e0021921
- Systems serology detects functionally distinct coronavirus antibody features in children and elderly.
Selva KJ, van de Sandt CE, Lemke MM, Lee CY, Shoffner SK, Chua BY, Davis SK, Nguyen THO, Rowntree LC, Hensen L, Koutsakos M, Wong CY, Mordant F, Jackson DC, Flanagan KL, Crowe J, Tosif S, Neeland MR, Sutton P, Licciardi PV, Crawford NW, Cheng AC, Doolan DL, Amanat F, Krammer F, Chappell K, Modhiran N, Watterson D, Young P, Lee WS, Wines BD, Mark Hogarth P, Esterbauer R, Kelly HG, Tan HX, Juno JA, Wheatley AK, Kent SJ, Arnold KB, Kedzierska K, Chung AW
Nat Commun. 2021 Apr; 12(1):2037
- CytoBas: Precision component-resolved diagnostics for allergy using flow cytometric staining of basophils with recombinant allergen tetramers.
McKenzie CI, Varese N, Aui PM, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Thien F, Hew M, Rolland JM, O'Hehir RE, van Zelm MC
Allergy. 2021 Mar; 76(10):3028-3040
- Mechanisms and targets of Fcgamma-receptor mediated immunity to malaria sporozoites.
Feng G, Wines BD, Kurtovic L, Chan JA, Boeuf P, Mollard V, Cozijnsen A, Drew DR, Center RJ, Marshall DL, Chishimba S, McFadden GI, Dent AE, Chelimo K, Boyle MJ, Kazura JW, Hogarth PM, Beeson JG
Nat Commun. 2021 Mar; 12(1):1742
- Novel Virus-Like Particle Vaccine Encoding the Circumsporozoite Protein of Plasmodium falciparum Is Immunogenic and Induces Functional Antibody Responses in Mice.
Kurtovic L, Wetzel D, Reiling L, Drew DR, Palmer C, Kouskousis B, Hanssen E, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Suckow M, Jenzelewski V, Piontek M, Chan JA, Beeson JG
Front Immunol. 2021 Mar; 12:641421
- Multi-functional antibodies are induced by the RTS,S malaria vaccine and associated with protection in a phase I/IIa trial.
Kurtovic L, Atre T, Feng G, Wines BD, Chan JA, Boyle MJ, Drew DR, Hogarth PM, Fowkes FJI, Bergmann-Leitner ES, Beeson JG
J Infect Dis. 2021 Jan; 224(7):1128–1138
- Th2-like T Follicular Helper Cells Promote Functional Antibody Production during Plasmodium falciparum Infection.
Chan JA, Loughland JR, de Labastida Rivera F, SheelaNair A, Andrew DW, Dooley NL, Wines BD, Amante FH, Webb L, Hogarth PM, McCarthy JS, Beeson JG, Engwerda CR, Boyle MJ
Cell Rep Med. 2020 Dec; 1(9):100157
- Plasma levels of the soluble form of the FcgammaRIIa receptor vary with receptor polymorphisms and are elevated in rheumatoid arthritis.
Qiao J, Dunne E, Wines B, Kenny D, McCarthy GM, Hogarth PM, Xu K, Andrews RK, Gardiner EE
Platelets. 2020 Jul; 31(3):392-398
- Innate and Adaptive Anti-SIV Responses in Macaque Semen: Implications for Infectivity and Risk of Transmission.
Suphaphiphat K, Bernard-Stoecklin S, Gommet C, Delache B, Dereuddre-Bosquet N, Kent SJ, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Le Grand R, Cavarelli M
Front Immunol. 2020 May; 11:850
- Epidemic thunderstorm asthma susceptibility from sensitization to ryegrass (Lolium perenne) pollen and major allergen Lol p 5.
Hew M, Lee J, Varese N, Aui PM, McKenzie CI, Wines BD, Aumann H, Rolland JM, Hogarth PM, van Zelm MC, O'Hehir RE
Allergy. 2020 Apr; 75(9):2369-2372
- Harnessing the immune system via FcgammaR function in immune therapy: A pathway to next-gen mAbs.
Chenoweth AM, Wines BD, Anania JC, Hogarth PM
Immunol Cell Biol. 2020 Mar; 98(4):287-304
- Fc functional antibody responses to adjuvanted versus unadjuvanted seasonal influenza vaccination in community-dwelling older adults.
Vanderven HA, Barr I, Reynaldi A, Wheatley AK, Wines BD, Davenport MP, Hogarth PM, Kent SJ
Vaccine. 2020 Feb; 38(10):2368-2377
- Low pH exposure during immunoglobulin G purification methods results in aggregates That avidly bind Fcγ receptors: Implications for measuring Fc dependent antibody functions.
Lopez E, Scott NE, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Wheatley AK, Kent SJ, Chung AW
Front Immunol. 2019 Oct; 10:2415
- Boosting of markers of FcgammaR function in anti-HIV antibodies during structured treatment interruption.
Billings H, Wines B, Dyer W, Center R, Trist HM, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2019 Jul; 35(9):842-852
- The Human FcgammaRII (CD32) Family of Leukocyte FcR in Health and Disease.
Anania JC, Chenoweth AM, Wines BD, Hogarth PM
Front Immunol. 2019 Mar; 10:464
- Two families of Env antibodies efficiently engage Fc-gamma receptors and eliminate HIV-1-infected cells.
Anand SP, Prévost J, Baril S, Richard J, Medjahed H, Chapleau JP, Tolbert WD, Kirk S, Smith AB 3rd, Wines BD, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Pazgier M, Finzi A.
J Virol. 2019 Jan; 93(3):e01823-18
- Fc-dependent functions are redundant to efficacy of anti-HIV antibody PGT121 in macaques.
Parsons MS, Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Amarasena T, Khoury G, Wheatley AK, Reynaldi A, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Davenport MP, Kent SJ
J Clin Invest. 2019 Jan; 129(1):182-191
- Dimeric FcgammaR ectodomains detect pathogenic platelet factor 4-heparin antibodies in heparin induced thromobocytopenia.
Wines BD, Tan CW, Duncan E, McRae S, Baker RI, Andrews RK, Esparon S, Gardiner EE, Hogarth PM
J Thromb Haemost. 2018 Sep; 16(12):2520–2525
- The Rare Anaphylaxis-Associated FcgammaRIIa3 Exhibits Distinct Characteristics From the Canonical FcgammaRIIa1.
Anania JC, Trist HM, Palmer CS, Tan PS, Kouskousis BP, Chenoweth AM, Kent SJ, Mackay GA, Hoi A, Koelmeyer R, Slade C, Bryant VL, Hodgkin PD, Aui PM, van Zelm MC, Wines BD, Hogarth PM
Front Immunol. 2018 Aug; 9:1809
- Anti-influenza Hyperimmune Immunoglobulin Enhances Fc-functional Antibody Immunity during Human Influenza Infection.
Vanderven HA, Wragg K, Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Kristensen AB, Jegaskanda S, Wheatley AK, Wentworth D, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Rockman S; INSIGHT FLU005 Pilot Study Writing Group, Kent SJ
J Infect Dis. 2018 May; 218(9):1383-1393
- Antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) responses to seasonal influenza vaccination in older adults.
Vanderven HA, Jegaskanda S, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Carmuglia S, Rockman S, Chung AW, Kent SJ
J Infect Dis. 2018 Jan; 217(1):12-23
- Antibody-dependent phagocytosis (ADP) responses following trivalent inactivated influenza vaccination of younger and older adults.
Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Johnston APR, Hogarth PM, Wines BD, Barr I, Wheatley AK, Kent SJ
Vaccine. 2017 Nov; 35(47):6451-6458
- HIV-1 Env- and Vpu-specific antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses associated with elite control of HIV.
Madhavi V, Wines BD, Amin J, Emery S; ENCORE1 study group, Lopez E, Kelleher A; Sydney LTNP study group, Center RJ, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ, Stratov I
J Virol. 2017 Aug; 91(18):e00700-17
- Partial efficacy of a broadly neutralizing antibody against cell-associated SHIV infection.
Parsons MS, Lloyd SB, Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Amarasena T, Center RJ, Keele BF, Lifson JD, LaBranche CC, Montefiori D, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Swiderek KM, Venturi V, Davenport MP, Kent SJ
Sci Trans Med. 2017 Aug; 9(402):eaaf1483
- Anti-HIV-1 ADCC antibodies following latency reversal and treatment interruption.
Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Rasmussen TA, Tolstrup M, Østergaard L, Søgaard OS, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Reynaldi A, Davenport MP, Emery S, Amin J, Cooper DA, Kan VL, Fox J, Gruell H, Parsons MS, Kent SJ
J Virol. 2017 Aug; 91(15):e00603
- Fc functional antibodies in humans with severe H7N9 and seasonal influenza.
Vanderven HA, Liu L, Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Nguyen TH, Wan Y, Wines B, Hogarth PM, Tilmanis D, Reynaldi A, Parsons MS, Hurt AC, Davenport MP, Kotsimbos T, Cheng AC, Kedzierska K, Zhang X, Xu J, Kent SJ
JCI Insights. 2017 Jul; 2(13):92750
- Effect of combination antiretroviral therapy on HIV-1-specific antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses in subtype B- and subtype C-infected cohorts.
Madhavi V, Kulkarni A, Shete A, Lee WS, Mclean MR, Kristensen AB, Ghate M, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Kelleher A, Cooper DA, Amin J, Emery S, Thakar M, Kent SJ
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017 Jul; 75(3):345-353
- Dimeric Fcγ receptor enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to study HIV-specific antibodies: a new look into breadth of Fcγ receptor antibodies induced by the RV144 Vaccine Trial.
McLean MR, Madhavi V, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ
J Immunol. 2017 Jun; 199(2):816-826
- A Phase 1 Human Immunodeficiency Virus vaccine trial for cross-profiling the kinetics of serum and mucosal antibody responses to CN54gp140 modulated by two homologous prime-boost vaccine regimens.
Kratochvil S, McKay PF, Kopycinski JT, Bishop C, Hayes PJ, Muir L, Pinder CL, Cizmeci D, King D, Aldon Y, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ, Held K, Geldmacher C, Dally L, Santos NS, Cole T, Gilmour J, Fidler S, Shattock RJ
Front Immunol. 2017 May; 8:595
- Antibody functional assays as measures of Fc receptor-mediated immunity to HIV - New technologies and their Impact on the HIV vaccine field.
Wines BD, Billings H, Mclean MR, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM
Curr HIV Res. 2017 Mar; 15(3):202-215
- Distinctive expression of Interleukin-23 receptor subunits on human Th17 and gammadelta T cells.
Wines BD, Yap ML, Powell MS, Tan PS, Ko KK, Orlowski E, Hogarth PM
Immunol Cell Biol. 2017 Mar; 95(3):272-279
- Dimeric FcgammaR Ectodomains as Probes of the Fc Receptor Function of Anti-Influenza Virus IgG.
Wines BD, Vanderven HA, Esparon SE, Kristensen AB, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 2016 Jul; 197(4):1507-1516
- What lies beneath: Antibody dependent natural killer cell activation by antibodies to internal influenza virus proteins.
Vanderven HA, Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Jegaskanda S, Rockman S, Laurie K, Barr I, Chen W, Wines B, Hogarth PM, Lambe t, Gilbert SC, Parsons MS, Kent SJ
EBioMed. 2016 Apr; 8:277-290
- Antibody responses with Fc-mediated functions after trivalent influenza vaccination of HIV-infected subjects.
Kristensen AB, Lay WN, Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Vanderven HA, Madhavi V, Laurie KL, Carolan L, Wines BD, Hogarth M, Wheatley AK, Kent SJ
J Virol. 2016 Apr; 90(12):5724-5734
- The FcγR of humans and non-human primates and their Interaction with IgG: Implications for induction of inflammation, resistance to infection and the use of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies.
Hogarth PM, Anania JC, Wines BD
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2014 Aug; 382:321-352
- Polymorphisms and Interspecies Differences of the Activating and Inhibitory FcgammaRII of Macaca nemestrina Influence the Binding of Human IgG Subclasses.
Trist HM, Tan PS, Wines BD, Ramsland PA, Orlowski E, Stubbs J, Gardiner EE, Pietersz GA, Kent SJ, Stratov I, Burton DR, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 2014 Jan; 192(2):892-903
- Interaction of Human, Rat, and Mouse Immunoglobulin A (IgA) with Staphylococcal Superantigen-like 7 (SSL7) Decoy Protein and Leukocyte IgA Receptor.
Wines BD, Ramsland PA, Trist HM, Gardam S, Brink R, Fraser JD, Hogarth PM
J Biol Chem. 2011 Sep; 286(38):33118-33124
- Structural basis for Fc gammaRIIa recognition of human IgG and formation of inflammatory signaling complexes.
Ramsland PA, Farrugia W, Bradford TM, Sardjono CT, Esparon S, Trist HM, Powell MS, Tan PS, Cendron AC, Wines BD, Scott AM, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 2011 Aug
- Specificity of staphylococcal superantigen-like protein 10 toward the human IgG1 Fc domain.
Patel D, Wines BD, Langley RJ, Fraser JD
J Immunol. 2010 Jun; 184(11):6283-6292
- Structural basis for inhibition of complement C5 by the SSL7 protein from Staphylococcus aureus.
Laursen NS, Gordon N, Hermans S, Lorenz N, Jackson N, Wines B, Spillner E, Christensen JB, Jensen M, Fredslund F, Bjerre M, Sottrup-Jensen L, Fraser JD, Andersen GR
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010 Feb; 107(8):3681-3686
- The crystal structure of staphylococcal superantigen-like protein 11 in complex with sialyl Lewis X reveals the mechanism for cell binding and immune inhibition.
Chung MC, Wines BD, Baker H, Langley RJ, Baker EN, Fraser JD
Mol Microbiol. 2007 Dec; 66(6):1342-1355
- Structural basis for evasion of IgA immunity by Staphylococcus aureus revealed in the complex of SSL7 with Fc of human IgA1.
Ramsland PA, Willoughby N, Trist HM, Farrugia W, Hogarth PM, Fraser JD, Wines BD
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Sep; 104(38):15051-15056
- The mechanism underlying defective Fcgamma receptor-mediated phagocytosis by HIV-1-infected human monocyte-derived macrophages.
Leeansyah E, Wines BD, Crowe SM, Jaworowski A.
J Immunol. 2007 Jan; 178(2):1096-1104
- IgA receptors in health and disease.
Wines BD, Hogarth PM
Tissue Antigens. 2006 Aug; 68(2):103-114
- A common site of the Fc receptor gamma subunit interacts with the unrelated immunoreceptors FcalphaRI and FcepsilonRI.
Wines BD, Trist HM, Ramsland PA, Hogarth PM
J Biol Chem. 2006 Jun; 281(25):17108-17113
- Alteration of the Fc gamma RIIa dimer interface affects receptor signaling but not ligand binding.
Powell MS, Barnes NC, Bradford TM, Musgrave IF, Wines BD, Cambier JC, Hogarth P
J Immunol. 2006 Jun; 176(12):7489-7494
- Raft localisation of FcgammaRIIa and efficient signaling are dependent on palmitoylation of cysteine 208.
Barnes NC, Powell MS, Trist HM, Gavin AL, Wines BD, Hogarth PM
Immunol Lett. 2006 Apr; 104(1-2):118-123
- A competitive mechanism for staphylococcal toxin SSL7 inhibiting the leukocyte IgA receptor, Fc alphaRI, is revealed by SSL7 binding at the C alpha2/C alpha3 interface of IgA.
Wines BD, Willoughby N, Fraser JD, Hogarth PM
J Biol Chem. 2006 Jan; 281(3):1389-1393
- Biochemical analysis and crystallisation of Fc gamma RIIa, the low affinity receptor for IgG.
Powell MS, Barton PA, Emmanouilidis D, Wines BD, Neumann GM, Peitersz GA, Maxwell KF, Garrett TP, Hogarth PM
Immunol Lett. 1999 May; 68(1):17-23
- Identification of residues in the first domain of human Fc alpha receptor essential for interaction with IgA.
Wines BD, Hulett MD, Jamieson GP, Trist HM, Spratt JM, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 1999 Feb; 162(4):2146-2153
News Articles (8)