Amy has over 15 years' experience in public and community health spanning direct service delivery, project management, research and policy.
Amy’s research interests include human-centred design methods, working with people with lived experience, drug use and involvement with the justice system.
- MSW, RMIT
- MSocSci (Policy and Human Services), RMIT
- BA (Hons), University of Melbourne
Breaking the cycle: supporting people with drug use histories to avoid reincarceration
EDRS: Ecstasy and related Drugs Reporting System
Evaluation of the Multicultural Drug and Alcohol Service
Feasibility study for a potential medically supervised injecting centre/drug consumption service for the ACT
IDRS: Illicit Drug Reporting System
SuperMIX: The Melbourne Injecting Drug User Cohort Study
VOICE - Victorian Online Initiative for Community Engagement
PATH Cohort Study
- Discontinuation of opioid agonist treatment following release from prison in a cohort of men who injected drugs prior to imprisonment in Victoria, Australia: A discrete-time survival analysis.
Curtis M, Dietze P, Wilkinson AL, Agius PA, Stewart AC, Cossar RD, Butler T, Walker S, Kirwan A, Winter RJ, Stoové M
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2023 Jan; 242:109730
- Reflections on the in-prison recruitment and participation of men with a history of injecting drug use, in a longitudinal cohort study in Australia.
Walker S, Curtis M, Woods E, Pierce L, Kirwan A, Stewart AC, Cossar R, Winter R, Dietze P, Kinner SA, Ogloff JRP, Butler T, Stoové M
J Criminol. 2022 Sep; 55(4):586-603
- High rates of resumption of injecting drug use following release from prison among men who injected drugs before imprisonment.
Curtis M, Winter RJ, Dietze P, Wilkinson AL, Cossar RD, Stewart AC, Agius PA, Butler T, Aitken C, Kirwan A, Walker S, Stoové M
Addiction. 2022 Jun; 117(11):2887-2898
- Emergency department presentations in the first weeks following release from prison among men with a history of injecting drug use in Victoria, Australia: A prospective cohort study.
Cossar RD, Stewart AC, Wilkinson AL, Dietze P, Ogloff JRP, Aitken C, Butler T, Kinner SA, Curtis M, Walker S, Kirwan A, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Mar; 101:103532
- The feasibility of a drug consumption room in the Australian Capital Territory.
Kirwan A, Winter R, Gunn J, Djordjevic F, Curtis M, Gough C, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(6):1440-1443
- Strategies to maximise study retention and limit attrition bias in a prospective cohort study of men reporting a history of injecting drug use released from prison: the prison and transition health study.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Walker S, Wilkinson AL, Quinn B, Dietze P, Winter R, Kirwan A, Curtis M, Ogloff JRP, Kinner S, Aitken C, Butler T, Woods E, Stoové M
BMC Med Res Methodol. 2021 Sep; 21(1):185
- The Prison and Transition Health (PATH) cohort study: Prevalence of health, social, and crime characteristics after release from prison for men reporting a history of injecting drug use in Victoria, Australia.
Stewart AC, Cossar RD, Wilkinson AL, Quinn B, Dietze P, Walker S, Butler T, Curtis M, Aitken C, Kirwan A, Winter R, Ogloff J, Kinner S, Stoové M
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2021 Aug; 227:108970
- Lifetime prevalence and correlates of self-harm and suicide attempts among male prisoners with histories of injecting drug use.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Dietze P, Armstrong G, Curtis M, Kinner SA, Ogloff JRP, Kirwan A, Stoové M
Health Justice. 2018 Oct; 6(1):19
- Acceptability of prison-based take-home naloxone programmes among a cohort of incarcerated men with a history of regular injecting drug use.
Curtis M, Dietze P, Aitken C, Kirwan A, Kinner SA, Butler T, Stoové M
Harm Reduct J. 2018 Sep; 15(1):48
- The associations of poor psychiatric well-being among incarcerated men with injecting drug use histories in Victoria, Australia.
Cossar R, Stoové M, Kinner SA, Dietze P, Aitken C, Curtis M, Kirwan A, Ogloff JRP
Health Justice. 2018 Jan; 6(1):1
News Articles (3)