Donate today and help reduce the rate of stillbirth in India and around the globe.
November, 2022 (4)
- Diagnostic accuracy for self-reported methamphetamine use versus oral fluid test as the reference standard, in a methamphetamine dependent intervention trial population.
Carter G, Spittal MJ, Glowacki L, Gerostamoulos D, Dietze P, Sinclair B, Arunogiri S, Berk M, Lubman DI, Manning V, Higgs P, Quinn B, Baker A, Dean OM, Turner A, McKetin R
Addiction. 2022 Nov; Epub ahead of print
- Non-fatal opioid overdose after release from prison among men who injected drugs prior to their imprisonment: a prospective data linkage study.
Curtis M, Dietze P, Winter RJ, Rathnayake K, Smith K, Stoové M
Med J Aust. 2022 Nov; Epub ahead of print
- Experiences of trauma and alcohol and other drug use by domestic, family, and sexual violence offenders: A review of 6 months of sentencing remarks from the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory, Australia
Clifford S, Wright CJC, Livingston M, Smith JA, Griffiths KE, Miller PG
J Criminol. 2022 Nov; Epub ahead of print
- HIV risk perception and risk taking among people who inject drugs in Saveh, in Central Iran: findings from a national study
Armoon B, Higgs P, Bayat A-H, Bayani A, Mohammadi R, Ahounbar E
J Subst Use. 2022 Nov; Epub ahead of print
October, 2022 (2)
- Twenty-one years at the Uniting Medically Supervised Injecting Centre, Sydney: addressing the remaining questions.
Day CA, Salmon A, Jauncey M, Bartlett M, Roxburgh A
Med J Aust. 2022 Oct; 217(8):385-387
- The onset and severity of acute opioid toxicity in heroin overdose cases: a retrospective cohort study at a supervised injecting facility in Melbourne, Australia.
Stam NC, Cogger S, Schumann JL, Weeks A, Roxburgh A, Dietze PM, Clark N
Clin Toxicol. 2022 Oct; 60(11):1227-1234
September, 2022 (6)
- Access to needles and syringes and methadone maintenance therapy among people who inject drugs in Yangon, Myanmar: a qualitative study.
Yee WL, Draper B, Myint KT, Min W, Htay H, O'Keefe D, Hellard M
Harm Reduct J. 2022 Sep; 19(1):107
- Music festival attendees' transport mode and beliefs about alcohol and illicit drug use before driving in Victoria, Australia
Raggatt M, Douglass C, Wright C, Reddan H, O'Connell H, Dietze P, Lim M
Drugs Educat Prevent Policy. 2022 Sep; Epub ahead of print
- Twenty-year trends in pharmaceutical fentanyl and illicit fentanyl deaths, Australia 2001-2021.
Roxburgh A, Nielsen S
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Sep; 109:103854
- Modeling the cost and impact of injectable opioid agonist therapy on overdose and overdose deaths.
Tse WC, Scott N, Dietze P, Nielsen S
J Subst Abuse Treat. 2022 Sep; 143:108871
- Time-series analysis of presentations to four syringe dispensing machines and a needle and syringe programme during COVID-19 lockdowns in Melbourne, Australia.
O'Keefe D, Livingston M, Cossar RD, Kerr P, Jacka D, Dietze P
Harm Reduct J. 2022 Sep; 19(1):101
- Drug type and high risk behaviors associated with health-care utilization among people who inject drugs: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Armoon B, Bayani A, Mohammadi R, Ahounbar E, Higgs P
J Subst Use. 2022 Sep; Epub ahead of print
July, 2022 (1)
- Constructing a 'target population': A critical analysis of public health discourse on substance use among gay and bisexual men, 2000-2020.
Schroeder SE, Bourne A, Doyle JS, Hellard ME, Stoové M, Pedrana A
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jul; 108:103808
June, 2022 (4)
- Review of management priorities for invasive infections in people who inject drugs: highlighting the need for patient-centred multidisciplinary care.
Attwood LO, McKechnie M, Vujovic O, Higgs P, Lloyd-Jones M, Doyle JS, Stewardson AJ
Med J Aust. 2022 Jun; 217(2):107-109
- Impact of COVID-19 lockdown restrictions on hepatitis C testing in Australian primary care services providing care for people who inject drugs.
Traeger MW, van Santen DK, Sacks-Davis R, Asselin J, Carter A, Doyle JS, Pedrana A, Wilkinson AL, Howell J, Thatcher R, Didlick J, Donovan B, Guy R, Hellard ME, Stoové MA; Australia Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of Sexually Transmissible Infections and Blood Borne Viruses (ACCESS).
J Viral Hepat. 2022 Jun; 29(10):908-918
- Mortality in the SuperMIX cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia: A prospective observational study.
Hill PL, Stoové M, Agius PA, Maher L, Hickman M, Crawford S, Dietze P.
Addiction. 2022 Jun; 117(12):3091-3098
- High rates of resumption of injecting drug use following release from prison among men who injected drugs before imprisonment.
Curtis M, Winter RJ, Dietze P, Wilkinson AL, Cossar RD, Stewart AC, Agius PA, Butler T, Aitken C, Kirwan A, Walker S, Stoové M
Addiction. 2022 Jun; 117(11):2887-2898
May, 2022 (4)
- The impact of opioid agonist treatment on hospitalisations for injecting-related diseases among an opioid dependent population: A retrospective data linkage study.
Colledge-Frisby S, Jones N, Larney S, Peacock A, Lewer D, Brothers TD, Hickman M, Farrell M, Degenhardt L
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2022 May; 236:109494
- Trace Residue Identification, Characterization and Longitudinal Monitoring of the Novel Synthetic Opioid beta-U10, from Discarded Drug Paraphernalia.
West H, Fitzgerald JL, Hopkins KL, Leeming MG, DiRago M, Gerostamoulos D, Clark N, Dietze P, White JM, Ziogas J, Reid GE
Drug Test Anal. 2022 May; 14(9):1576-1586
- Reaching people receiving opioid agonist therapy at community pharmacies with hepatitis C virus: An international randomised controlled trial.
Byrne CJ, Radley A, Inglis SK, Beer L, Palmer N, Duc Pham M, Allardice K, Wang H, Robinson E, Hermansson M, Semizarov D, Healy B, Doyle JS, Dillon JF
Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2022 May; 55(12):1512-1523
- Criminal Justice Involvement after Release from Prison following Exposure to Community Mental Health Services among People Who Use Illicit Drugs and Have Mental Illness: a Systematic Review.
Stewart AC, Cossar RD, Quinn B, Dietze P, Romero L, Wilkinson AL, Stoové M
J Urban Health. 2022 May; 99:635-654
April, 2022 (2)
- The Overdose Response with Take Home Naloxone (ORTHN) project: Evaluation of health worker training, attitudes and perceptions.
Monds LA, Bravo M, Mills L, Malcolm A, Gilliver R, Wood W, Harrod ME, Read P, Nielsen S, Dietze PM, Lenton S, Bleeker AM, Lintzeris N
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Apr; 41(5):1085-94
- Commentary on Skulberg et al.: Naloxone administration-finding the balance.
Jauncey M, Bartlett M, Roxburgh A
Addiction. 2022 Apr; 117(6):1668-1669
March, 2022 (4)
- 'The Drug Survey App': a protocol for developing and validating an interactive population survey tool for drug use among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians
Conigrave JH, Wilson S, Conigrave KM, Chikritzhs T, Hayman N, Dawson A, Ali R, Perry J, Fitts MS, Degenhardt L, Doyle M, Egert S, Slade T, Ezard N, Dzidowska M, Lee KSK
Addict Sci Clin Pract. 2022 Mar; 17(1):17
- "It's not just the hit itself": the social practice of injecting drug use among gay and bisexual men in Australia.
Schroeder SE, Bourne A, Doyle J, Stoove M, Hellard M, Pedrana A
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Mar; 103:103642
- Emergency department presentations in the first weeks following release from prison among men with a history of injecting drug use in Victoria, Australia: A prospective cohort study.
Cossar RD, Stewart AC, Wilkinson AL, Dietze P, Ogloff JRP, Aitken C, Butler T, Kinner SA, Curtis M, Walker S, Kirwan A, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Mar; 101:103532
- An observational prospective cohort study of naloxone use at witnessed overdoses, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Ukraine.
Dietze P, Gerra G, Poznyak V, Campello G, Kashino W, Dzhonbekov D, Kiriazova T, Nikitin D, Terlikbayeva A, Krupchanka D, Busse A
Bull World Health Organ. 2022 Mar; 100(3):187-195
February, 2022 (4)
- COVID-19 vaccine acceptability among people in Australia who inject drugs: Update from the 2021 Illicit Drug Reporting System interviews.
Price O, Dietze PM, Maher L, Crawford S, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Feb; 41(5):1025-1028
- Does naloxone provision lead to increased substance use? A systematic review to assess if there is evidence of a 'moral hazard' associated with naloxone supply.
Tse WC, Djordjevic F, Borja V, Picco L, Lam T, Olsen A, Larney S, Dietze P, Nielsen S
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Feb; 100:103513
- COVID-19 vaccine acceptability among people in Australia who inject drugs: Implications for vaccine rollout.
Dietze PM, Hall C, Price O, Stewart AC, Crawford S, Peacock A, Maher L
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Feb; 41(2):484-487
- Understanding preferences for type of take-home naloxone device: international qualitative analysis of the views of people who use opioids.
Neale J, Farrugia A, Campbell AN, Dietze P, Dwyer R, Fomiatti R, Jones JD, Comer SD, Fraser S, Strang J
Drugs: Education, Prevention and Policy. 2022 Feb; 29(2):109-120
January, 2022 (10)
- The feasibility of a drug consumption room in the Australian Capital Territory.
Kirwan A, Winter R, Gunn J, Djordjevic F, Curtis M, Gough C, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(6):1440-1443
- More than saving lives: Qualitative findings of the UNODC/WHO Stop Overdose Safely (S-O-S) project.
Walker S, Dietze P, Poznyak V, Campello G, Kashino W, Dzhonbekov D, Kiriazova T, Nikitin D, Terlikbayeva A, Nevendorff L, Busse A, Krupchanka D
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 100:103482
- "It's a revolving door": Ego-depletion among prisoners with injecting drug use histories as a barrier to post-release success.
Schroeder SE, Drysdale K, Lafferty L, Baldry E, Marshall AD, Higgs P, Dietze P, Stoové M, Treloar C
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 101:103571
- Switching of opioid agonist treatment modality during imprisonment: A novel marker for increased support need during and following release from prison.
Curtis M, Berk J, Larney S, Rich JD, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 100:103572
- Costs and impact on HIV transmission of a switch from a criminalisation to a public health approach to injecting drug use in eastern Europe and central Asia: a modelling analysis.
Ward Z, Stone J, Bishop C, Ivakin V, Eritsyan K, Deryabina A, Low A, Cepeda J, Kelly SL, Heimer R, Cook R, Altice FL, Litz T, Terlikbayeva A, El-Bassel N, Havarkov D, Fisenka A, Boshnakova A, Klepikov A, Saliuk T, Deshko T, Vickerman P
Lancet HIV. 2022 Jan; 9(1):e42-e53
- The cost and impact of distributing naloxone to people who are prescribed opioids to prevent opioid-related deaths: findings from a modelling study.
Nielsen S, Scott N, Tidhar T, Quiroga MDM, Lenton S, Dietze P
Addiction. 2022 Jan; 117(4):1009-1019
- Drug injection in Iranian prisons: evidence from the National Rapid Assessment and Response (RAR) survey, 2017
Karimi SE, Vameghi M, Roshanfekr P, Ahmadi S, Ali D, Higgs P
J Subst Use. 2022 Jan; 27(3): 272-276
- Correlates of anxiety and depression in a community cohort of people who smoke methamphetamine.
Duncan Z, Kippen R, Sutton K, Ward B, Agius PA, Quinn B, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2022 Jan; 56(8):964-973
- Psychiatric well-being among men leaving prison reporting a history of injecting drug use: A longitudinal analysis.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Wilkinson AL, Scott N, Dietze P, Quinn B, Kinner SA, Aitken C, Walker S, Curtis M, Butler T, Ogloff JRP, Stoové M
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2022 Jan; 56(8):1034-1043
- Changes in illicit drug use and markets with the COVID-19 pandemic and associated restrictions: Findings from the Ecstasy and Related Drugs Reporting System, 2016-2020.
Price O, Man N, Bruno R, Dietze P, Salom C, Lenton S, Grigg J, Gibbs D, Wilson T, Degenhardt L, Chan R, Thomas N, Peacock A
Addiction. 2022 Jan; 117(1):182-194
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (2)
- Towards Eliminating HIV (21)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (277)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (202)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Health Security and Pandemic Preparedness (106)
- Eliminate Malaria (41)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (15)
- Finance (0)
- Healthy Ageing (2)
- Human Resources (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (9)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Harm Reduction (17)
- Information Technology (0)
- Burnet Vaccine Initiative (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (37)
- Education & Training (0)
- Infectious Diseases Elimination (3)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- Commercialisation, Innovation and Industry Partnerships (0)
- HIV and AIDS (28)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (8)
- Maternal and Child Health (61)
- Malaria (46)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (5)
- Hepatitis B (17)
- Hepatitis C (30)
- Global infectious disease threats (7)
- Injecting Drug Use (41)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (48)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (15)
- Young People's Health (8)
- Justice Health (13)
- Nutrition (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (13)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (16)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (6)
- Influenza (1)
- Global Adolescent Health (8)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (52)