Donate today and join the fight to achieve global malaria elimination targets.
September, 2022 (1)
- Twenty-year trends in pharmaceutical fentanyl and illicit fentanyl deaths, Australia 2001-2021.
Roxburgh A, Nielsen S
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Sep; 109:103854
August, 2022 (2)
- Self-determination by First Nations Australians in alcohol policy: Lessons from Mbantua/Alice Springs (Northern Territory, Australia).
Stearne AE, Lee KK, Allsop S, Shakeshaft A, Wright M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Aug; 108:103822
- Walking side-by-side: Supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians to lead the way in alcohol research.
Lee KSK, Wilson S, Stearne AE, Hayman N, Conigrave JH, Doyle M, Bullen L, Weatherall TJ, James D, Reynolds T, Perry J, Conigrave KM; Members, Investigators, Indigenous Advisory Group and staff of the Centre of Research Excellence in Indigenous Health and Alcohol.
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Aug; Epub ahead of print
July, 2022 (2)
- Constructing a 'target population': A critical analysis of public health discourse on substance use among gay and bisexual men, 2000-2020.
Schroeder SE, Bourne A, Doyle JS, Hellard ME, Stoové M, Pedrana A
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jul; 108:103808
- Level and correlates of social support in a community-based sample of Australians who primarily smoke methamphetamine.
Leach MJ, Ward B, Kippen R, Quinn B, Agius PA, Sutton K, Peterson J, Dietze PM.
Health Soc Care Community. 2022 Jul; Epub ahead of print
June, 2022 (1)
- "You have to drink with a little bit of shame": Alcohol and other drug use among young people from migrant and ethnic minority backgrounds in Melbourne, Australia.
Douglass CH, Block K, Eghrari D, Horyniak D, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
J Ehn Subst Abuse. 2022 Jun; Epub ahead of print
May, 2022 (6)
- Drink and drug driving education in the Northern Territory: a qualitative study illustrating issues of access and inequity.
Wright CJC, Miller M, Wallace T, Clifford S, Black O, Tari-Keresztes N, Smith J
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2022 May; 46(4):450-454
- Trends in methamphetamine use, markets and harms in Australia, 2003-2019.
Man N, Sisson SA, McKetin R, Chrzanowska A, Bruno R, Dietze PM, Price O, Degenhardt L, Gibbs D, Salom C, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 May; 41(5):1041-1052
- Trace Residue Identification, Characterization and Longitudinal Monitoring of the Novel Synthetic Opioid beta-U10, from Discarded Drug Paraphernalia.
West H, Fitzgerald JL, Hopkins KL, Leeming MG, DiRago M, Gerostamoulos D, Clark N, Dietze P, White JM, Ziogas J, Reid GE
Drug Test Anal. 2022 May; 14(9):1576-1586
- Prevalence of alcohol and other drug use in patients presenting to hospital for fall-related injuries: a systematic review.
Lau G, Ang JY, Kim N, Gabbe BJ, Mitra B, Dietze PM, Reeder S, Beck B
Inj Prev. 2022 May; 28(4):381-393
- Declining drinking among adolescents: Are we seeing a denormalisation of drinking and a normalisation of non-drinking?
Caluzzi G, Livingston M, Holmes J, MacLean S, Lubman D, Dietze P, Vashishtha R, Herring R, Pennay A
Addiction. 2022 May; 117(5):1204-1212
- Tracking the decline in Australian adolescent drinking into adulthood.
Livingston M, Callinan S, Vashishtha R, Yuen WS, Dietze P
Addiction. 2022 May; 117(5):1273-1281
April, 2022 (4)
- Factors associated with perceived decline in the quality of drugs during the COVID-19 pandemic: Evidence from community-recruited cohorts of people who use drugs in Vancouver, Canada.
Erica McAdam, Kanna Hayashi, Huiru Dong, Zishan Cui, Kali-Olt Sedgemore, Paul Dietze, Paige Phillips, Dean Wilson, M-J Milloy, Kora DeBeck
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2022 Apr; 236:109471
- Age-based differences in quantity and frequency of consumption when screening for harmful alcohol use.
Callinan S, Livingston M, Dietze P, Gmel G, Room R
Addiction. 2022 Apr; 117(9):2431-2437
- Double shifts, double trouble: Alcohol as a problematic panacea for working mothers.
Gabriel Caluzzi, Cassandra Wright, Emmanuel Kuntsche, Sherry H Stewart, Sandra Kuntsche
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Apr; 104:103699
- More than three times as many Indigenous Australian clients at risk from drinking could be supported if clinicians used AUDIT-C instead of unstructured assessments.
Conigrave JH, Lee KSK, Haber PS, Vnuk J, Doyle MF, Conigrave KM
Addict Sci Clin Pract. 2022 Apr; 17(1):23
March, 2022 (1)
- 'The Drug Survey App': a protocol for developing and validating an interactive population survey tool for drug use among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians
Conigrave JH, Wilson S, Conigrave KM, Chikritzhs T, Hayman N, Dawson A, Ali R, Perry J, Fitts MS, Degenhardt L, Doyle M, Egert S, Slade T, Ezard N, Dzidowska M, Lee KSK
Addict Sci Clin Pract. 2022 Mar; 17(1):17
February, 2022 (2)
- Response to commentaries: (De)normalization of drinking and its implications for young people, sociality, culture and epidemiology.
Caluzzi G, Livingston M, Holmes J, MacLean S, Lubman DI, Dietze P, Vashishtha R, Herring R, Pennay A
Addiction. 2022 Feb; 117(5):1217-1219
- Alcohol consumption and illicit drug use among young music festival attendees in Australia
Douglass CH, Raggatt, M, Wright CJC, Reddan H, O'Connell H, Lim MSC, Dietze PM
Drugs - Educt Prevent Pol. 2022 Feb; 29(2):175-181
January, 2022 (22)
- The who and what of women's drinking: Examining risky drinking and associated socio-demographic factors among women aged 40-65 years in Australia.
Miller M, Mojica-Perez Y, Livingston M, Kuntsche E, Wright CJC, Kuntsche S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(4):724-731
- First Nations Australians' self-determination in health and alcohol policy development: a Delphi study.
Stearne AE, Lee KSK, Allsop S, Shakeshaft A, Wright M
Health Res Policy Syst. 2022 Jan; 20(1):12
- Exploring stigma associated with mental health conditions and alcohol and other drug use among people from migrant and ethnic minority backgrounds: a protocol for a systematic review of qualitative studies.
Douglass CH, Lim MSC, Block K, Onsando G, Hellard M, Higgs P, Livingstone C, Horyniak D
Syst Rev. 2022 Jan; 11(1):12
- The feasibility of a drug consumption room in the Australian Capital Territory.
Kirwan A, Winter R, Gunn J, Djordjevic F, Curtis M, Gough C, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(6):1440-1443
- A Web-Based Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Program (Strong & Deadly Futures) for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander School Students: Protocol for a Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial.
Stapinski L, Routledge K, Snijder M, Doyle M, Champion K, Chapman C, Ward J, Baumgart A, Lee KSK, Teesson M, Newton N
JMIR Res Protoc. 2022 Jan; 11(1):e34530
- Examining trends in the representation of young people and alcohol in Australian newspapers over twenty years (2000-2019).
Pennay A, Cook M, MacLean S, Lubman DI, Dietze P, Herring R, Caluzzi G, Vashishtha R, Livingston M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 99:103461
- An examination of the role of changes in country-level leisure time internet use and computer gaming on adolescent drinking in 33 European countries.
Vashishtha R, Holmes J, Pennay A, Dietze PM, Livingston M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 100:103508
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of the Prevent Alcohol and Risk-Related Trauma in Youth Program in Reducing Alcohol-Related Harms in Young Naval Trainees.
Watterson JR, Gabbe B, Rosenfeld JV, Ball H, Romero L, Dietze P
Mil Med. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Comparison of routine blood alcohol tests and ICD-10-AM coding of alcohol involvement for major trauma patients.
Lau G, Gabbe BJ, Mitra B, Dietze PM, Braaf S, Beck B
Health Inf Manag. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Screening for risky drinkers among hospitalised inpatients using the AUDIT: A feasibility, point prevalence and data linkage study.
O'Brien H, Di Rico R, Dean E, Smoker G, Lloyd-Jones M, McKechnie M, Dietze PM, Doyle JS
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Changes in illicit drug use and markets with the COVID-19 pandemic and associated restrictions: Findings from the Ecstasy and Related Drugs Reporting System, 2016-2020.
Price O, Man N, Bruno R, Dietze P, Salom C, Lenton S, Grigg J, Gibbs D, Wilson T, Degenhardt L, Chan R, Thomas N, Peacock A
Addiction. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Barriers to women's disclosure of and treatment for substance use during pregnancy: A qualitative study.
Oni HT, Drake JA, Dietze P, Higgs P, Islam MM
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- 'What makes up wine o'clock? Understanding social practices involved in alcohol use among women aged 40-65 years in Australia.
Wright CJC, Miller M, Kuntsche E, Kuntsche S.
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 101:103560
- Coming of age: 21 years of providing opioid substitution treatment within an Aboriginal community-controlled primary health service.
Freeburn B, Loggins S, Lee KSK, Conigrave KM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(1):260-264
- Patterns of drinking in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as self-reported on the Grog Survey App: A representative urban and remote sample.
Zheng C, Conigrave JH, Conigrave KM, Wilson S, Perry J, Chikritzhs TN, Fitts MS, Lee KSK
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(1):114-124
- Indigenous Australian drinking risk: Comparing risk categorisations based on recall of recent drinking occasions to AUDIT-C screening in a representative sample.
Conigrave JH, Conigrave KM, Wilson S, Lee KSK
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(3):616-624
- Predictors of length of treatment, discharge reason, and re-admission to Aboriginal alcohol and other drug residential rehabilitation services in New South Wales, Australia.
James DB, Lee KSK, Dronavalli M, Courtney RJ, Conigrave KM, Conigrave JH, Shakeshaft A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(3):603-615
- Zero-alcohol beverages: Harm-minimisation tool or gateway drink?
Miller M, Pettigrew S, Wright CJC
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(3):546-549
- Small, slim, sleek, and familiar: user experiences with an ION wearable research alpha prototype transdermal alcohol monitor.
\Wright CJC, Miller M, van Egmond K, Caluzzi G, Anderson-Luxford D, Pennay A, Kuntsche E
Addict Res Theory. 2022 Jan; 30(3):186-191
- The role of parental control and support in declining adolescent drinking: A multi-level study across 30 European countries.
Vashishtha R, Pennay A, Dietze PM, Livingston M
Alcoho; Alcohol. 2022 Jan; 57(4):470-476
- Correlates of anxiety and depression in a community cohort of people who smoke methamphetamine.
Duncan Z, Kippen R, Sutton K, Ward B, Agius PA, Quinn B, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2022 Jan; 56(8):964-973
- Drink driving among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians: What has been done and where to next?
Fitts MS, Burchill R, Wilson S, Palk GR, Clough AR, Conigrave KM, Slade T, Shakeshaft A, Lee KSK
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(6):1412-1417
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (2)
- Eliminate HIV (20)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (222)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (163)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Health Security and Pandemic Preparedness (84)
- Eliminate Malaria (32)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (12)
- Finance (0)
- Healthy Ageing (2)
- Human Resources (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (9)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Harm Reduction (4)
- Information Technology (0)
- Burnet Vaccine Initiative (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (34)
- Education & Training (0)
- Infectious Diseases Elimination (3)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- Commercialisation, Innovation and Industry Partnerships (0)
- HIV and AIDS (26)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (7)
- Maternal and Child Health (49)
- Malaria (37)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (5)
- Hepatitis B (14)
- Hepatitis C (29)
- Global infectious disease threats (5)
- Injecting Drug Use (31)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (41)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (12)
- Young People's Health (5)
- Justice Health (10)
- Nutrition (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (10)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (13)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (6)
- Global Adolescent Health (8)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (43)