Donate today and join the fight to achieve global malaria elimination targets.
June, 2022 (1)
- Latent Class Analysis of Sexual Behaviours and Attitudes to Sexually Transmitted Infections Among Gay and Bisexual Men Using PrEP.
Traeger MW, Murphy D, Ryan KE, Asselin J, Cornelisse VJ, Wilkinson AL, Hellard ME, Wright EJ, Stoové MA
AIDS Behav. 2022 Jun; 26(6):1808-1820
May, 2022 (14)
- Role of COVID-19 vaccine education in discharge planning to increase community vaccination coverage.
Tse WC, Fahey J, Doyle J, Hellard M, Howell J
Intern Med J. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- The Use of Social Media as a Persuasive Platform to Facilitate Nutrition and Health Behavior Change in Young Adults: Web-Based Conversation Study.
Friedman VJ, Wright CJC, Molenaar A, McCaffrey T, Brennan L, Lim MSC
J Med Internet Res. 2022 May; 24(5):e28063
- Retreatment for hepatitis C virus direct acting antiviral therapy virological failure in primary and tertiary settings: the REACH-C cohort.
Carson JM, Hajarizadeh B, Hanson J, O'Beirne J, Iser D, Read P, Balcomb A, Davies J, Doyle JS, Yee J, Martinello M, Marks P, Matthews GV, Dore GJ; REACH-C Study Group
J Viral Hepat. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Assuring Bangladesh's future: non-communicable disease risk factors among the adolescents and the existing policy responses.
Biswas T, Azzopardi P, Anwar SN, de Vries TD, Encarnacion-Cruz LM, Hasan MM, Huda MM, Pervin S, Das Gupta R, Mitra DK, Rawal LB, Al Mamun A
J Health Popul Nutr. 2022 May; 41(1):22
- Trace Residue Identification, Characterization and Longitudinal Monitoring of the Novel Synthetic Opioid beta-U10, from Discarded Drug Paraphernalia.
West H, Fitzgerald JL, Hopkins KL, Leeming MG, DiRago M, Gerostamoulos D, Clark N, Dietze P, White JM, Ziogas J, Reid GE
Drug Test Anal. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Social Media and Online Digital Technology Use Among Muslim Young People and Parents: Qualitative Focus Group Study.
Douglass CH, Borthwick A, Lim MSC, Erbas B, Eren S, Higgs P
JMIR Pediatr Parent. 2022 May; 5(2):e36858
- Reaching people receiving opioid agonist therapy at community pharmacies with hepatitis C virus: An international randomised controlled trial.
Byrne CJ, Radley A, Inglis SK, Beer L, Palmer N, Duc Pham M, Allardice K, Wang H, Robinson E, Hermansson M, Semizarov D, Healy B, Doyle JS, Dillon JF
Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Prevalence of alcohol and other drug use in patients presenting to hospital for fall-related injuries: a systematic review.
Lau G, Ang JY, Kim N, Gabbe BJ, Mitra B, Dietze PM, Reeder S, Beck B
Inj Prev. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Feasibility of decentralised, task-shifted hepatitis C testing and treatment services in urban Myanmar: implications for scale-up.
Draper BL, Yee WL, Shilton S, Bowring A, Htay H, Nwe N, Markby J, Kyi KP, Easterbrook P, Naing W, Win TM, Aung KS, Howell J, Pedrana A, Hellard M
BMJ Open. 2022 May; 12(5):e059639
- Criminal Justice Involvement after Release from Prison following Exposure to Community Mental Health Services among People Who Use Illicit Drugs and Have Mental Illness: a Systematic Review.
Stewart AC, Cossar RD, Quinn B, Dietze P, Romero L, Wilkinson AL, Stoové M
J Urban Health. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Declining drinking among adolescents: Are we seeing a denormalisation of drinking and a normalisation of non-drinking?
Caluzzi G, Livingston M, Holmes J, MacLean S, Lubman D, Dietze P, Vashishtha R, Herring R, Pennay A
Addiction. 2022 May; 117(5):1204-1212
- Tracking the decline in Australian adolescent drinking into adulthood.
Livingston M, Callinan S, Vashishtha R, Yuen WS, Dietze P
Addiction. 2022 May; 117(5):1273-1281
- The impact of point-of-care hepatitis C testing in needle and syringe exchange programs on linkage to care and treatment uptake among people who inject drugs: An Australian pilot study.
Howell J, Traeger MW, Williams B, Layton C, Doyle JS, Latham N, Draper B, Bramwell F, Membrey D, McPherson M, Roney J, Stoové M, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME, Pedrana A
J Viral Hepat. 2022 May; 29(5):375-384
- Cost-effectiveness of easy-access, risk-informed oral pre-exposure prophylaxis in HIV epidemics in sub-Saharan Africa: a modelling study.
Phillips AN, Bershteyn A, Revill P, Bansi-Matharu L, Kripke K, Boily MC, Martin-Hughes R, Johnson LF, Mukandavire Z, Jamieson L, Meyer-Rath G, Hallett TB, Ten Brink D, Kelly SL, Nichols BE, Bendavid E, Mudimu E, Taramusi I, Smith J, Dalal S, Baggaley R, Crowley S, Terris-Prestholt F, Godfrey-Faussett P, Mukui I, Jahn A, Case KK, Havlir D, Petersen M, Kamya M, Koss CA, Balzer LB, Apollo T, Chidarikire T, Mellors JW, Parikh UM, Godfrey C, Cambiano V; HIV Modelling Consortium.
Lancet HIV. 2022 May; 9(5):e353-e362
April, 2022 (11)
- Hepatitis C antibody testing among opioid agonist therapy recipients, Victoria, Australia, 2012 to 2020.
Dawe J, Wilkinson AL, Asselin J, Carter A, Pedrana A, Traeger MW, Thomas AJ, Curtis M, Cooper M, Howell J, Doyle JS, Hellard ME, Stoové M; EC Victoria Partnership and the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of blood borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections (ACCESS).
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Apr; 104:103696
- Age-based differences in quantity and frequency of consumption when screening for harmful alcohol use.
Callinan S, Livingston M, Dietze P, Gmel G, Room R
Addiction. 2022 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Factors associated with perceived decline in the quality of drugs during the COVID-19 pandemic: Evidence from community-recruited cohorts of people who use drugs in Vancouver, Canada.
Erica McAdam, Kanna Hayashi, Huiru Dong, Zishan Cui, Kali-Olt Sedgemore, Paul Dietze, Paige Phillips, Dean Wilson, M-J Milloy, Kora DeBeck
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2022 Apr; 236:109471
- Hepatitis B and pregnancy: understanding the experiences of care among pregnant women and recent mothers in metropolitan Melbourne.
Ahad M, Wallace J, Xiao Y, van Gemert C, Bennett G, Darby J, Desmond P, Hall S, Holmes J, Papaluca T, Glasgow S, Thompson A, Hellard M, Doyle J, Howell J
BMC Public Health. 2022 Apr; 22(1):817
- The Overdose Response with Take Home Naloxone (ORTHN) project: Evaluation of health worker training, attitudes and perceptions.
Monds LA, Bravo M, Mills L, Malcolm A, Gilliver R, Wood W, Harrod ME, Read P, Nielsen S, Dietze PM, Lenton S, Bleeker AM, Lintzeris N
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Double shifts, double trouble: Alcohol as a problematic panacea for working mothers.
Gabriel Caluzzi, Cassandra Wright, Emmanuel Kuntsche, Sherry H Stewart, Sandra Kuntsche
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Apr; 104:103699
- Preferences for HIV Testing Services and HIV Self-Testing Distribution Among Migrant Gay, Bisexual, and Other Men Who Have Sex With Men in Australia.
Zhang Y, Wiseman V, Applegate TL, Lourenco RA, Street DJ, Smith K, Jamil MS, Terris-Prestholt F, Fairley CK, McNulty A, Hynes A, Johnson K, Chow EPF, Bavinton BR, Grulich A, Stoové M, Holt M, Kaldor J, Guy R, Ong JJ
Front Med (Lausanne). 2022 Apr; 9:839479
- Antiretroviral initiation at >/=800 CD4+ cells/mm3 associated with lower HIV reservoir size.
Rasmussen TA, Ahuja SK, Kuwanda L, Vjecha MJ, Hudson F, Lal L, Rhodes A, Chang J, Palmer S, Auberson-Munderi P, Mugerwa H, Wood R, Badal-Faesen S, Pillay S, Mngqibisa R, LaRosa A, Hildago J, Petoumenos K, Chiu C, Lutaakome J, Kitonsa J, Kabaswaga E, Pala P, Ganoza C, Fisher K, Chang C, Lewin SR, Wright EJ
Clin Infect Dis. 2022 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Commentary on Skulberg et al.: Naloxone administration-finding the balance.
Jauncey M, Bartlett M, Roxburgh A
Addiction. 2022 Apr; 117(6):1668-1669
- More than three times as many Indigenous Australian clients at risk from drinking could be supported if clinicians used AUDIT-C instead of unstructured assessments.
Conigrave JH, Lee KSK, Haber PS, Vnuk J, Doyle MF, Conigrave KM
Addict Sci Clin Pract. 2022 Apr; 17(1):23
- COVID-19 vaccine wastage in the midst of vaccine inequity: causes, types and practical steps.
Lazarus JV, Abdool Karim SS, van Selm L, Doran J, Batista C, Ben Amor Y, Hellard M, Kim B, Kopka CJ, Yadav P
BMJ Glob Health. 2022 Apr; 7(4)
March, 2022 (16)
- Randomised controlled trial of active case management to link hepatitis C notifications to treatment in Tasmania, Australia: a study protocol.
Marukutira T, Moore KP, Hellard M, Richmond J, Turner K, Pedrana AE, Melody S, Johnston FH, Owen L, Van Den Boom W, Scott N, Thompson A, Iser D, Spelman T, Veitch M, Stoové MA, Doyle J
BMJ Open. 2022 Mar; 12(3):e056120
- Hepatitis C incidence among patients attending primary care health services that specialise in the care of people who inject drugs, Victoria, Australia, 2009 to 2020.
Wilkinson AL, van Santen DK, Traeger MW, Sacks-Davis R, Asselin J, Scott N, Harney BL, Doyle JS, El-Hayek C, Howell J, Bramwell F, McManus H, Donovan B, Stoové M, Hellard M, Pedrana A
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Mar; 103:103655
- Monitoring Menstrual Health Knowledge: Awareness of Menstruation at Menarche as an Indicator.
Hennegan J, Swe ZY, Than KK, Smith C, Sol L, Alberda H, Bukenya JN, Kibira SPS, Makumbi FE, Schwab KJ, Azzopardi PS
Front Glob Womens Health. 2022 Mar; 3:832549
- Understanding how to live with hepatitis B: a qualitative investigation of peer advice for Chinese people living with hepatitis B in Australia.
Wallace J, Xiao Y, Howell J, Thompson A, Allard N, Adamson E, Richmond J, Hajarizadeh B, Eagle M, Doyle J, Hellard M
BMC Public Health. 2022 Mar; 22(1):536
- Interventions to eliminate hepatitis C: which ones suit your community?
Wade AJ, Doyle JS
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2022 Mar; 7(5):383-384
- Barriers to accessing HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis for Medicare-ineligible people in Melbourne, Australia: analysis of patients attending the PrEPMe Clinic.
Cornelisse VJ, Armishaw J, Catton M, Murphy D, Wright EJ
Med J Aust. 2022 Mar; 216(6):320-321
- Health service utilisation and access for people who inject drugs during COVID-19.
Efunnuga H, Higgs P, Walker S, O'Keefe D
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Making child's play of tolerance: Defining the immune-viral interplay during combination entecavir and pegylated interferon therapy for immune tolerant hepatitis B infection.
Howell J, Hellard M
Hepatology. 2022 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Preventing a cluster from becoming a new wave in settings with zero community COVID-19 cases.
Abeysuriya RG, Delport D, Stuart RM, Sacks-Davis R, Kerr CC, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Hellard M, Scott N
BMC Infect Dis. 2022 Mar; 22(1):232
- HIV related stigma associated with social support, alcohol use disorders, depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation among people living with HIV: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Armoon B, Fleury MJ, Bayat AH, Fakhri Y, Higgs P, Moghaddam LF, Gonabadi-Nezhad L
Int J Ment Health Syst. 2022 Mar; 16(1):17
- "It's not just the hit itself": the social practice of injecting drug use among gay and bisexual men in Australia.
Schroeder SE, Bourne A, Doyle J, Stoove M, Hellard M, Pedrana A
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Mar; 103:103642
- A multi-site, nurse-coordinated hepatitis C model of care in primary care and community services in Melbourne, Australia.
Harney BL, Whitton B, Paige E, Brereton R, Weiss R, Membrey D, Wade AJ, Iser D, Kemp W, Roberts SK, Spelman T, Sacks-Davis R, Hellard ME, Doyle JS
Liver Int. 2022 Mar; 42(3):522-531
- Emergency department presentations in the first weeks following release from prison among men with a history of injecting drug use in Victoria, Australia: A prospective cohort study.
Cossar RD, Stewart AC, Wilkinson AL, Dietze P, Ogloff JRP, Aitken C, Butler T, Kinner SA, Curtis M, Walker S, Kirwan A, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Mar; 101:103532
- Reducing liver disease-related deaths in the Asia-Pacific: the important role of decentralised and non-specialist led hepatitis C treatment for cirrhotic patients.
Draper B, Yee WL, Pedrana A, Kyi KP, Qureshi H, Htay H, Naing W, Thompson AJ, Hellard M, Howell J
Lancet Reg Health West Pac. 2022 Mar; 20:100359
- An observational prospective cohort study of naloxone use at witnessed overdoses, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Ukraine.
Dietze P, Gerra G, Poznyak V, Campello G, Kashino W, Dzhonbekov D, Kiriazova T, Nikitin D, Terlikbayeva A, Krupchanka D, Busse A
Bull World Health Organ. 2022 Mar; 100(3):187-195
- A profile of the Visitect(R) CD4 and Visitect(R) CD4 advanced disease for management of people living with HIV.
Pham MD, Stoove M, Crowe S, Luchters S, Anderson D`
Expert Rev Mol Diagn. 2022 Mar; 22(3):247-252
February, 2022 (10)
- Response to commentaries: (De)normalization of drinking and its implications for young people, sociality, culture and epidemiology.
Caluzzi G, Livingston M, Holmes J, MacLean S, Lubman DI, Dietze P, Vashishtha R, Herring R, Pennay A
Addiction. 2022 Feb; 117(5):1217-1219
- The Importance of Prisons in Achieving Hepatitis C Elimination: Insights from the Australian Experience.
Winter RJ, Holmes JA, Papaluca TJ, Thompson AJ
Viruses. 2022 Feb; 14(3):497
- COVID-19 vaccine acceptability among people in Australia who inject drugs: Update from the 2021 Illicit Drug Reporting System interviews.
Price O, Dietze PM, Maher L, Crawford S, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Understanding preferences for type of take-home naloxone device: international qualitative analysis of the views of people who use opioids.
Neale J, Farrugia A, Campbell AN, Dietze P, Dwyer R, Fomiatti R, Jones JD, Comer SD, Fraser S, Strang J
Drugs: Education, Prevention and Policy. 2022 Feb; 29(2):109-120
- Alcohol consumption and illicit drug use among young music festival attendees in Australia
Douglass CH, Raggatt, M, Wright CJC, Reddan H, O'Connell H, Lim MSC, Dietze PM
Drugs - Educt Prevent Pol. 2022 Feb; 29(2):175-181
- COVID-19 vaccine acceptability among people in Australia who inject drugs: Implications for vaccine rollout.
Dietze PM, Hall C, Price O, Stewart AC, Crawford S, Peacock A, Maher L
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Feb; 41(2):484-487
- Does naloxone provision lead to increased substance use? A systematic review to assess if there is evidence of a 'moral hazard' associated with naloxone supply.
Tse WC, Djordjevic F, Borja V, Picco L, Lam T, Olsen A, Larney S, Dietze P, Nielsen S
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Feb; 100:103513
- Critical timing and extent of public health interventions to control outbreaks dominated by SARS-CoV-2 variants in Australia: a mathematical modelling study.
Zou Z, Fairley CK, Shen M, Scott N, Xu X, Li Z, Li R, Zhuang G, Zhang L
Int J Infect Dis. 2022 Feb; 115:154-165
- Integration of other services with human papillomavirus vaccination; lessons from earlier in the life course highlight the need for new policy and implementation evidence.
Morgan C, Giattas MR, Holroyd T, Pfitzer A, Engel D, Sidibe A, Holloway M, Bloem P, Fields R, Shimp L, Kumar S
Vaccine. 2022 Feb; 40:A94-A99
- Economic burden of female genital mutilation in 27 high-prevalence countries
Tordrup D, Bishop C, Green N, Petzold M, Vallejo FR, Vogel JP, Pallitto C
BMJ Glob Health. 2022 Feb; 7(2):e004512
January, 2022 (44)
- Intent to Be Vaccinated against COVID-19 in Victoria, Australia.
Heath K, Altermatt A, Saich F, Pedrana A, Fletcher-Lartey S, Bowring AL, Stoové M, Danchin M, Kaufman J, Gibney KB, Hellard M
Vaccines (Basel). 2022 Jan; 10(2)
- The who and what of women's drinking: Examining risky drinking and associated socio-demographic factors among women aged 40-65 years in Australia.
Miller M, Mojica-Perez Y, Livingston M, Kuntsche E, Wright CJC, Kuntsche S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(4):724-731
- Exploring stigma associated with mental health conditions and alcohol and other drug use among people from migrant and ethnic minority backgrounds: a protocol for a systematic review of qualitative studies.
Douglass CH, Lim MSC, Block K, Onsando G, Hellard M, Higgs P, Livingstone C, Horyniak D
Syst Rev. 2022 Jan; 11(1):12
- Young Adults' Use of Different Social Media Platforms for Health Information: Insights From Web-Based Conversations.
Lim MSC, Molenaar A, Brennan L, Reid M, McCaffrey T
J Med Internet Res. 2022 Jan; 24(1):e23656
- The feasibility of a drug consumption room in the Australian Capital Territory.
Kirwan A, Winter R, Gunn J, Djordjevic F, Curtis M, Gough C, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- More than saving lives: Qualitative findings of the UNODC/WHO Stop Overdose Safely (S-O-S) project.
Walker S, Dietze P, Poznyak V, Campello G, Kashino W, Dzhonbekov D, Kiriazova T, Nikitin D, Terlikbayeva A, Nevendorff L, Busse A, Krupchanka D
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 100:103482
- A Web-Based Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Program (Strong & Deadly Futures) for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander School Students: Protocol for a Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial.
Stapinski L, Routledge K, Snijder M, Doyle M, Champion K, Chapman C, Ward J, Baumgart A, Lee KSK, Teesson M, Newton N
JMIR Res Protoc. 2022 Jan; 11(1):e34530
- "It's a revolving door": Ego-depletion among prisoners with injecting drug use histories as a barrier to post-release success.
Schroeder SE, Drysdale K, Lafferty L, Baldry E, Marshall AD, Higgs P, Dietze P, Stoové M, Treloar C
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 101:103571
- Switching of opioid agonist treatment modality during imprisonment: A novel marker for increased support need during and following release from prison.
Curtis M, Berk J, Larney S, Rich JD, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 100:103572
- Exploring hepatitis C virus testing and treatment engagement over time in Melbourne, Australia: a study protocol for a longitudinal cohort study (EC-Experience Cohort study).
O'Keefe D, Gunn J, Ryan K, Djordjevic F, Kerr P, Gold J, Elsum I, Layton C, Chan K, Dietze P, Higgs P, Doyle J, Stoové MA, Hellard M, Pedrana AE
BMJ Open. 2022 Jan; 12(1):e057618
- Inter-relationships among key reproductive health indicators in sub-Saharan Africa focusing on the central role of maternal literacy.
Woldegiorgis MA, Meyer D, Hiller JE, Mekonnen W, Bhowmik J
Int Health. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Initial Experience with the NAVIO Robotic-Assisted Total Knee Replacement-Coronal Alignment Accuracy and the Learning Curve.
Collins K, Agius PA, Fraval A, Petterwood J
J Knee Surg. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Patterns of drinking in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as self-reported on the Grog Survey App: A representative urban and remote sample.
Zheng C, Conigrave JH, Conigrave KM, Wilson S, Perry J, Chikritzhs TN, Fitts MS, Lee KSK
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(1):114-124
- Changes in illicit drug use and markets with the COVID-19 pandemic and associated restrictions: Findings from the Ecstasy and Related Drugs Reporting System, 2016-2020.
Price O, Man N, Bruno R, Dietze P, Salom C, Lenton S, Grigg J, Gibbs D, Wilson T, Degenhardt L, Chan R, Thomas N, Peacock A
Addiction. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Screening for risky drinkers among hospitalised inpatients using the AUDIT: A feasibility, point prevalence and data linkage study.
O'Brien H, Di Rico R, Dean E, Smoker G, Lloyd-Jones M, McKechnie M, Dietze PM, Doyle JS
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Coming of age: 21 years of providing opioid substitution treatment within an Aboriginal community-controlled primary health service.
Freeburn B, Loggins S, Lee KSK, Conigrave KM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(1):260-264
- The risk and protective factors for suicidal burden among 251 763 school-based adolescents in 77 low- and middle-income to high-income countries: assessing global, regional and national variations.
Mahumud RA, Dawson AJ, Chen W, Biswas T, Keramat SA, Morton RL, Renzaho AMN
Psychol Med. 2022 Jan; 52(2):379-397
- Zero-alcohol beverages: Harm-minimisation tool or gateway drink?
Miller M, Pettigrew S, Wright CJC
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(3):546-549
- Comparison of routine blood alcohol tests and ICD-10-AM coding of alcohol involvement for major trauma patients.
Lau G, Gabbe BJ, Mitra B, Dietze PM, Braaf S, Beck B
Health Inf Manag. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Examining trends in the representation of young people and alcohol in Australian newspapers over twenty years (2000-2019).
Pennay A, Cook M, MacLean S, Lubman DI, Dietze P, Herring R, Caluzzi G, Vashishtha R, Livingston M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 99:103461
- Correlates of anxiety and depression in a community cohort of people who smoke methamphetamine.
Duncan Z, Kippen R, Sutton K, Ward B, Agius PA, Quinn B, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print:48674211048152
- Psychiatric well-being among men leaving prison reporting a history of injecting drug use: A longitudinal analysis.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Wilkinson AL, Scott N, Dietze P, Quinn B, Kinner SA, Aitken C, Walker S, Curtis M, Butler T, Ogloff JRP, Stoové M
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print:48674211048143
- It is time for us all to embrace person-centred language for people in prison and people who were formerly in prison.
Harney BL, Korchinski M, Young P, Scow M, Jack K, Linsley P, Bodkin C, Brothers TD, Curtis M, Higgs P, Mead TS, Hart A, Kilroy D, Bonn M, Bartlett SR
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 99:103455
- Cost effectiveness of simplified HCV screening-and-treatment interventions for people who inject drugs in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
Mohamed Z, Scott N, Nayagam S, Rwegasha J, Mbwambo J, Thursz MR, Brown AS, Hellard M, Lemoine M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 99:103458
- Predictors of length of treatment, discharge reason, and re-admission to Aboriginal alcohol and other drug residential rehabilitation services in New South Wales, Australia.
James DB, Lee KSK, Dronavalli M, Courtney RJ, Conigrave KM, Conigrave JH, Shakeshaft A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(3):603-615
- The Incidence of Hepatitis C Among Gay, Bisexual, and Other Men Who Have Sex With Men in Australia, 2009-2019.
Harney BL, Sacks-Davis R, van Santen DK, Traeger M, Wilkinson AL, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Roth N, Bloch M, Matthews G, Donovan B, Guy R, Stoové M, Hellard ME, Doyle JS; Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of Sexually Transmissible Infections and Blood-borne Viruses (ACCESS).
Clin Infect Dis. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of the Prevent Alcohol and Risk-Related Trauma in Youth Program in Reducing Alcohol-Related Harms in Young Naval Trainees.
Watterson JR, Gabbe B, Rosenfeld JV, Ball H, Romero L, Dietze P
Mil Med. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- High effectiveness of broad access direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C in an Australian real-world cohort: The REACH-C Study
Yee J, Carson JM, Hajarizadeh B, Hanson J, O'Beirne J, Iser D, Read P, Balcomb A, Doyle JS, Davies J, Martinello M, Marks P, Dore GJ, Matthews GV; REACH-C Study Group.
Hepatol Commun. 2022 Jan; 6(3):496-512
- An examination of the role of changes in country-level leisure time internet use and computer gaming on adolescent drinking in 33 European countries.
Vashishtha R, Holmes J, Pennay A, Dietze PM, Livingston M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 100:103508
- Indigenous Australian drinking risk: Comparing risk categorisations based on recall of recent drinking occasions to AUDIT-C screening in a representative sample.
Conigrave JH, Conigrave KM, Wilson S, Lee KSK
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(3):616-624
- The global and regional burden of sexual behaviours and food insecurity and their combined association on the magnitude of suicidal behaviours among 121,248 adolescent girls: An international observational study in 67 low- and middle-income and high-income countries.
Mahumud RA, Rahman MA, Gow J, Kamara JK, Koly KN, Shahjalal M, Law CK, Hossain MG, Renzaho AMN
J Affect Disord. 2022 Jan; 298:481-491
- The cost and impact of distributing naloxone to people who are prescribed opioids to prevent opioid-related deaths: findings from a modelling study.
Nielsen S, Scott N, Tidhar T, Quiroga MDM, Lenton S, Dietze P
Addiction. 2022 Jan; 117(4):1009-1019
- The EASL-Lancet Liver Commission: protecting the next generation of Europeans against liver disease complications and premature mortality.
Karlsen TH, Sheron N, Zelber-Sagi S, Carrieri P, Dusheiko G, Bugianesi E, Pryke R, Hutchinson SJ, Sangro B, Martin NK, Cecchini M, Dirac MA, Belloni A, Serra-Burriel M, Ponsioen CY, Sheena B, Lerouge A, Devaux M, Scott N, Hellard M, Verkade HJ, Sturm E, Marchesini G, Yki-Järvinen H, Byrne CD, Targher G, Tur-Sinai A, Barrett D, Ninburg M, Reic T, Taylor A, Rhodes T, Treloar C, Petersen C, Schramm C, Flisiak R, Simonova MY, Pares A, Johnson P, Cucchetti A, Graupera I, Lionis C, Pose E, Fabrellas N, Ma AT, Mendive JM, Mazzaferro V, Rutter H, Cortez-Pinto H, Kelly D, Burton R, Lazarus JV, Ginès P, Buti M, Newsome PN, Burra P, Manns MP
Lancet. 2022 Jan; 399(10319):61-116
- Costs and impact on HIV transmission of a switch from a criminalisation to a public health approach to injecting drug use in eastern Europe and central Asia: a modelling analysis.
Ward Z, Stone J, Bishop C, Ivakin V, Eritsyan K, Deryabina A, Low A, Cepeda J, Kelly SL, Heimer R, Cook R, Altice FL, Litz T, Terlikbayeva A, El-Bassel N, Havarkov D, Fisenka A, Boshnakova A, Klepikov A, Saliuk T, Deshko T, Vickerman P
Lancet HIV. 2022 Jan; 9(1):e42-e53
- Assessment of the cost-effectiveness of Australia’s risksharing agreement for direct-acting antiviral treatments for hepatitis C: a modelling study.
Scott N, Palmer A, Tidhar T, Stoové M, Sacks-Davis R, Doyle JS, Pedrana A, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard M
Lancet Reg Health - West Pac. 2022 Jan; 18:100316
- Impact of vaccination and non-pharmaceutical interventions on SARS-CoV-2 dynamics in Switzerland.
Shattock AJ, Le Rutte EA, Robert P Dünner RP, Sen S, Kelly SL, Chitnis N, Penny MA
Epidemics. 2022 Jan; 38:100535
- Drink driving among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians: What has been done and where to next?
Fitts MS, Burchill R, Wilson S, Palk GR, Clough AR, Conigrave KM, Slade T, Shakeshaft A, Lee KSK
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Barriers to women's disclosure of and treatment for substance use during pregnancy: A qualitative study.
Oni HT, Drake JA, Dietze P, Higgs P, Islam MM
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Cohort Profile: The Melbourne Injecting Drug User Cohort Study (SuperMIX).
Van Den Boom W, Quiroga MDM, O'Keefe D, Kumar D, Hill PL, Scott N, Agius PA, Higgs P, Kerr T, Maher L, Hickman M, Stoové M, Dietze P
Int J Epidemiol. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- 'What makes up wine o'clock? Understanding social practices involved in alcohol use among women aged 40-65 years in Australia.
Wright CJC, Miller M, Kuntsche E, Kuntsche S.
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 101:103560
- The role of parental control and support in declining adolescent drinking: A multi-level study across 30 European countries.
Vashishtha R, Pennay A, Dietze PM, Livingston M
Alcoho; Alcohol. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Small, slim, sleek, and familiar: user experiences with an ION wearable research alpha prototype transdermal alcohol monitor.
\Wright CJC, Miller M, van Egmond K, Caluzzi G, Anderson-Luxford D, Pennay A, Kuntsche E
Addict Res Theory. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Drug injection in Iranian prisons: evidence from the National Rapid Assessment and Response (RAR) survey, 2017
Karimi SE, Vameghi M, Roshanfekr P, Ahmadi S, Ali D, Higgs P
J Subst Use. 2022 Jan; 27(3): 272-276
- The economics of sex work and major sporting events: Learning from the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Kazungu J, Richter M, Luchters S, Chersich MF, Quaife M
Soc Sci Humanit Open. 2022 Jan; 5(1):100251
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (9)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (135)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (91)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (23)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (96)
- Eliminate Malaria (19)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (45)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (6)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (2)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- Commercialisation, Innovation and Industry Partnerships (0)
- HIV and AIDS (14)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (3)
- Maternal and Child Health (28)
- Malaria (23)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (2)
- Hepatitis B (8)
- Hepatitis C (23)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (23)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (33)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (6)
- Young People's Health (4)
- Justice Health (8)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (6)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (5)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (3)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (28)