Support mathematical modelling at Burnet and help save lives around the world.
April, 2021 (4)
- Role of masks, testing and contact tracing in preventing COVID-19 resurgences: a case study from New South Wales, Australia
Stuart RM, Abeysuriya RG, Kerr CC, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Gray RT, Hellard M, Scott N
BMJ Open. 2021 Apr; 11(4):e045941
- Estimating and mitigating the risk of COVID-19 epidemic rebound associated with reopening of international borders in Vietnam: a modelling study
Pham QD, Stuart RM, Nguyen TV, Luong QC, Tran QD, Pham TQ, Phan LT, Dang TQ, Tran DN, Do HT, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Abeysuriya RG, Oron AP, Kerr CC
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Rethinking the use of 'vulnerable'.
Munari SC, Wilson AN, Blow NJ, Homer CSE, Ward JE
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Systems serology detects functionally distinct coronavirus antibody features in children and elderly.
Selva KJ, van de Sandt CE, Lemke MM, Lee CY, Shoffner SK, Chua BY, Davis SK, Nguyen THO, Rowntree LC, Hensen L, Koutsakos M, Wong CY, Mordant F, Jackson DC, Flanagan KL, Crowe J, Tosif S, Neeland MR, Sutton P, Licciardi PV, Crawford NW, Cheng AC, Doolan DL, Amanat F, Krammer F, Chappell K, Modhiran N, Watterson D, Young P, Lee WS, Wines BD, Mark Hogarth P, Esterbauer R, Kelly HG, Tan HX, Juno JA, Wheatley AK, Kent SJ, Arnold KB, Kedzierska K, Chung AW
Nat Commun. 2021 Apr; 12(1):2037
March, 2021 (6)
- Experiences of receiving and providing maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia: A five-cohort cross-sectional comparison.
Zoe Bradfield, Karen Wynter, Yvonne Hauck, Vidanka Vasilevski, Lesley Kuliukas, Alyce N Wilson, Rebecca A Szabo, Caroline S E Homer, Linda Sweet
PLoS One. 2021 Mar; 16(3):e0248488
- Public health physicians: who are they and why we need more of them - especially in Victoria.
Alyce N Wilson, Rob Moodie, Nathan Grills
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Becoming a mother in the 'new' social world in Australia during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sweet L, Bradfield Z, Vasilevski V, Wynter K, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Homer CSE, Szabo RA, Wilson AN
Midwifery. 2021 Mar; 98:102996
- Midwives' experiences of providing maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia.
Bradfield Z, Hauck Y, Homer CSE, Sweet L, Wilson AN, Szabo RA, Wynter K, Vasilevski V, Kuliukas L
Women Birth. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Early Outpatient Treatment of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19): A Comment.
Korman TM, McMahon JH
Am J Med. 2021 Mar; 134(3):e220-e221
- COVID-19 vaccination among people who inject drugs: Leaving no one behind.
Iversen J, Peacock A, Price O, Byrne J, Dunlop A, Maher L
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
February, 2021 (8)
- COVID-19 in Ethiopia: a geospatial analysis of vulnerability to infection, case severity and death.
Alene KA, Gelaw YA, Fetene DM, Koye DN, Melaku YA, Gesesew H, Birhanu MM, Adane AA, Muluneh MD, Dachew BA, Abrha S, Aregay A, Ayele AA, Bezabhe WM, Gebremariam KT, Gebremedhin T, Gebremedhin AT, Gebremichael L, Geleto AB, Kassahun HT, Kibret GD, Leshargie CT, Mekonnen A, Mirkuzie AH, Mohammed H, Tegegn HG, Tesema AG, Tesfay FH, Wubishet BL, Kinfu Y
BMJ Open. 2021 Feb; 11(2):e044606
- Risk factors for COVID-19 infection, disease severity and related deaths in Africa: a systematic review.
Gesesew HA, Koye DN, Fetene DM, Woldegiorgis M, Kinfu Y, Geleto AB, Melaku YA, Mohammed H, Alene KA, Awoke MA, Birhanu MM, Gebremedhin AT, Gelaw YA, Shifti DM, Muluneh MD, Tegegne TK, Abrha S, Aregay AF, Ayalew MB, Gebre AK, Gebremariam KT, Gebremedhin T, Gebremichael L, Leshargie CT, Kibret GD, Meazaw MW, Mekonnen AB, Tekle DY, Tesema AG, Tesfay FH, Tesfaye W, Wubishet BL, Dachew BA, Adane AA.
BMJ Open. 2021 Feb; 11(2):e044618
- Adapting harm reduction services during COVID-19: lessons from the supervised injecting facilities in Australia.
Roxburgh A, Jauncey M, Day C, Bartlett M, Cogger S, Dietze P, Nielsen S, Latimer J, Clark N
Harm Reduct J. 2021 Feb; 18(1):20
- A cross sectional study of midwifery students' experiences of COVID-19: Uncertainty and expendability.
Kuliukas L, Hauck Y, Sweet L, Vasilevski V, Homer C, Wynter K, Wilson A, Szabo R, Bradfield Z
Nurse Educ Pract. 2021 Feb; 51:102988
- The impact of planning for COVID-19 on private practising midwives in Australia.
Homer CSE, Davies-Tuck M, Dahlen HG, Scarf VL
Women Birth. 2021 Feb; 34(1):e32-e37
- Purchasing, consumption, demographic and socioeconomic variables associated with shifts in alcohol consumption during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Callinan S, Mojica-Perez Y, Wright CJC, Livingston M, Kuntsche S, Laslett AM, Room R, Kuntsche E
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Feb; 40(2):183-191
- Complement Factors in COVID-19 Therapeutics and Vaccines.
Kurtovic L, Beeson JG
Trends Immunol. 2021 Feb; 42(2):94-103
- Modelling the impact of reducing control measures on the COVID-19 pandemic in a low transmission setting.
Scott N, Palmer A, Delport D, Abeysuriya R, Stuart R, Kerr CC, Ministry D, Klein D, Sacks-Davis R, Heath K, Hainsworth S, Pedrana A, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2021 Feb; 214(2):79-83
January, 2021 (10)
- Preventing post-partum haemorrhage at home during COVID-19: what are we waiting for?
Hobday K, Prata N, Hulme J, Homer CS
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Jan; 9(3):e245-e246
- Plasma ACE2 activity is persistently elevated following SARS-CoV-2 infection: implications for COVID-19 pathogenesis and consequences.
Patel SK, Juno JA, Lee WS, Wragg KM, Hogarth PM, Kent SJ, Burrell LM
Eur Respir J. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Changes in HIV preexposure prophylaxis prescribing in Australian clinical services following COVID-19 restrictions.
Traeger MW, Patel P, Guy R, Hellard ME, Stoové MA for the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS)
AIDS. 2021 Jan; 35(1):155-157
- A strategic framework to ease community-wide Covid-19 suppression measures.
Coghlan B, Majumdar SS, Pedrana A, Hellard ME, Crabb BS
MJA. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Challenges Associated With the Response to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Pandemic in Africa-An African Diaspora Perspective.
Risk Anal. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Pregnant women voice their concerns and birth expectations during the COVID-19 pandemic in Italy.
Ravaldi C, Wilson A, Ricca V, Homer C, Vannacci A
Women Birth. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Clinical guidelines for caring for women with COVID-19 during pregnancy, childbirth and the immediate postpartum period.
Pavlidis P, Eddy K, Phung L, Farrington E, Connolly M, Lopes R, Wilson AN, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
Women Birth. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Weekly updates of national living evidence-based guidelines: Methods for the Australian Living Guidelines for Care of People with COVID-19.
Tendal B, Vogel JP, McDonald S, Norris S, Cumpston M, White H, Leder K, Navarro DF, Cheyne S, Chakraborty S, Murano M, Millard T, Callesen HE, Islam RM, Elliott J, Turner T; National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce.
J Clin Epidemiol. 2021 Jan; 131:11-21
- Shared Resource Laboratory Operations: Changes made during Initial Global COVID-19 Lockdown of 2020.
Back JB, Chadick CH, Garcia Vallejo JJ, Orlowski-Oliver E, Patel R, Roe CE, Srivastava J, Walker RV
Cytometry A. 2021 Jan; 99(1):22-32
- Modifying regulatory practices to create a safe and effective working environment within a Shared Resource Laboratory (SRL) during a global pandemic.
Filby A, Haviland DL, Jones DD, López AB, Orlowski-Oliver E, Rieger AM
Cytometry A. 2021 Jan; 99(1):33-41
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (11)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (122)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (94)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (13)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (72)
- Eliminate Malaria (13)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (44)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- HIV and AIDS (22)
- Maternal and Child Health (32)
- Malaria (21)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (4)
- Hepatitis B (8)
- Hepatitis C (21)
- Global infectious disease threats (4)
- Injecting Drug Use (15)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (17)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Young People's Health (9)
- Justice Health (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (4)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (3)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (4)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (28)