Support mathematical modelling at Burnet and help save lives around the world.
April, 2021 (3)
- Increased targeted HIV testing and reduced undiagnosed HIV infections among gay and bisexual men.
Patel PG, Keen P, McManus H, Duck T, Callander D, Selvey C, Power C, Gray RT, Knight V, Asselin J, Read P, Johnson K, Bavinton BR, Bowden VJ, Grulich AE, Guy R; NSW HIV Prevention Partnership Project
HIV Med. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Enhancement of antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity and phagocytosis in anti-HIV-1 bovine chimeric broadly-neutralizing antibodies.
Edwards JM, Heydarchi B, Khoury G, Salazar-Quiroz NA, Gonelli CA, Wines B, Hogarth PM, Kristensen AB, Parsons MS, Purcell DF
J Virol. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Quantifying the evolving contribution of HIV interventions and key populations to the HIV epidemic in Yaounde, Cameroon.
Silhol R, Baral S, Bowring AL, Mukandavire C, Njindam IM, Rao A, Schwartz S, Tamoufe U, Billong SC, Njoya O, Zoung-Kanyi Bissek AC, Garcia Calleja JM, Vickerman P, Mishra S, Boily MC
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2021 Apr; 86(4):396-405
March, 2021 (5)
- Homelessness, unstable housing, and risk of HIV and hepatitis C virus acquisition among people who inject drugs: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Arum C, Fraser H, Artenie AA, Bivegete S, Trickey A, Alary M, Astemborski J, Iversen J, Lim AG, MacGregor L, Morris M, Ong JJ, Platt L, Sack-Davis R, van Santen DK, Solomon SS, Sypsa V, Valencia J, Van Den Boom W, Walker JG, Ward Z, Stone J, Vickerman P; Homelessness, HIV, and HCV Review Collaborative Group.
Lancet Public Health. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Low incidence of hepatitis C among a cohort of HIV-negative gay and bisexual men using HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in Melbourne, Australia, and the contribution of sexual transmission.
Cornelisse VJ, Traeger MW, Wright EJ, Murphy D, Stoove M, Hellard M, Sacks-Davis R, Asselin J, Fairley CK, Doyle J, Sasawdeusz J
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- SPECIAL ISSUE HIV and CHRONIC PAIN (The Global Task Force for Chronic Pain in People with HIV (PWH): Developing a research agenda in an emerging field).
Merlin JS, Hamm M, de Abril Cameron F, Baker V, Brown DA, Cherry CL, Edelman EJ, Evangeli M, Harding R, Josh J, Kemp HI, Lichius C, Madden VJ, Nkhoma K, O'Brien KK, Parker R, Rice A, Robinson-Papp J, Sabin CA, Slawek D, Scott W, Tsui JI, Uebelacker LA, Wadley AL, Goodin BR
AIDS Care. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Immunogenicity of HIV-1-Based Virus-Like Particles with Increased Incorporation and Stability of Membrane-Bound Env.
Gonelli CA, King HAD, Mackenzie C, Sonza S, Center RJ, Purcell DFJ
Vaccines (Basel). 2021 Mar; 9(3)
- The continuing HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men and transgender women in the ASEAN region: implications for HIV policy and service programming.
van Griensven F, de Lind van Wijngaarden JW, Eustaquio PC, Wignall S, Azwa I, Veronese V, Ferradini L, Phanuphak N, Mills S
Sex Health. 2021 Mar; 18(1):21-30
February, 2021 (5)
- Phospholipid Metabolism Is Associated with Time to HIV Rebound upon Treatment Interruption.
Giron LB, Papasavvas E, Yin X, Goldman AR, Tang HY, Palmer CS, Landay AL, Li JZ, Koethe JR, Mounzer K, Kostman JR, Liu Q, Montaner LJ, Abdel-Mohsen M
mBio. 2021 Feb; 12(1)
- HIV infection and placental malaria reduce maternal transfer of multiple antimalarial antibodies in Mozambican women.
Alonso S, Vidal M, Ruiz-Olalla G, González R, Jairoce C, Manaca MN, Vázquez-Santiago M, Balcells R, Vala A, Ruperez M, Cisteró P, Fuente-Soro L, Angov E, Coppel RL, Gamain B, Cavanagh D, Beeson JG, Nhacolo A, Sevene E, Aponte JJ, Macete E, Aguilar R, Mayor A, Menéndez C, Dobaño C, Moncunill G
J Infect. 2021 Feb; 82(4): 45-57
- Lactic acid-containing products for bacterial vaginosis and their impact on the vaginal microbiota: A systematic review.
Plummer EL, Bradshaw CS, Doyle M, Fairley CK, Murray GL, Bateson D, Masson L, Slifirski J, Tachedjian G, Vodstrcil LA
PLoS One. 2021 Feb; 16(2):e0246953
- A New Method for Estimating the Incidence of Infectious Diseases.
McManus H, Callander D, Asselin J, McMahon J, Hoy JF, Templeton DJ, Fairley CK, Donovan B, Pedrana AE, Keen P, Wilson DP, Elliott J, Kaldor J, Liaw ST, Petoumenos K, Holt M, Hellard ME, Grulich AE, Carr A, Stoové MA, Guy RJ
Am J Epidemiol. 2021 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Sharing the costs of structural interventions: What can models tell us?
Stuart RM, Wilson DP
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Feb; 88:102702
January, 2021 (9)
- Incidence of HIV and HCV in people who inject drugs: a systematic and meta-analysis review protocol.
Sharhani A, Jorjoran Shushtari Z, Rahmani A, Armoon B, Noroozi M, Ahounbar E, Karimi SE, Higgs P
BMJ Open. 2021 Jan; 11(1):e041482
- Prevalence of HIV, viral hepatitis B/C and tuberculosis and treatment outcomes among people who use drugs: Results from the implementation of the first drop-in-center in Mozambique.
Semá Baltazar C, Kellogg TA, Boothe M, Loarec A, de Abreu E, Condula M, Fazito E, Raymond HF, Temmerman M, Luchters S
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jan; 90:103095
- Lessons learned from the Amsterdam Cohort Studies among people who use drugs: a historical perspective.
van Santen DK, Coutinho RA, van den Hoek A, van Brussel G, Buster M, Prins
Harm Reduct J. 2021 Jan; 18(1):2
- Changes in HIV preexposure prophylaxis prescribing in Australian clinical services following COVID-19 restrictions.
Traeger MW, Patel P, Guy R, Hellard ME, Stoové MA for the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS)
AIDS. 2021 Jan; 35(1):155-157
- Micro-elimination of hepatitis C among people with HIV coinfection: declining incidence and prevalence accompanying a multi-center treatment scale-up trial.
Doyle JS, van Santen DK, Iser D, Sasadeusz J, O'Reilly M, Harney B, Traeger MW, Roney J, Cutts JC, Bowring AL, Winter R, Medland N, Fairley CK, Moore R, Tee B, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Hoy JF, Matthews GV, Prins M, Stoové MA, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Implications of HIV self-testing for other sexually transmissible infection testing and broader sexual health needs: a mixed methods study of gay and bisexual men in Australia.
Leitinger D, Ryan K, Wilkinson AL, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Stoové M
Sex Transm Dis. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Understanding 'risk' in families living with mixed blood-borne viral infection status: The doing and undoing of 'difference'.
Persson A, Smith AK, Wallace J, Valentine K, Bryant J, Hamilton M, Newman CE
Health. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Prevalence of latent tuberculosis infection and HIV among people who inject drugs in Iran.
Radfar SR, Nematollahi P, Tayeri K, Dehghan H, Janani M, Higgs P, Mohsenifar S, Noroozi A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Rosuvastatin therapy in people with HIV at intermediate cardiovascular risk does not decrease biomarkers of inflammation and immune activation.
Hearps AC, Angelovich TA, Trevillyan JM, Wong ME, Calmy A, Hoy JF, Jaworowski A
J Infect Dis. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (11)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (122)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (94)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (13)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (72)
- Eliminate Malaria (13)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (44)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- HIV and AIDS (22)
- Maternal and Child Health (32)
- Malaria (21)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (4)
- Hepatitis B (8)
- Hepatitis C (21)
- Global infectious disease threats (4)
- Injecting Drug Use (15)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (17)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Young People's Health (9)
- Justice Health (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (4)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (3)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (4)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (28)