COVID-19 represents an unprecedented health, social and economic challenge in Australia and around the world. Support Burnet’s COVID-19 emergency response today.
June, 2020 (4)
- The impact of Victoria's real time prescription monitoring system (SafeScript) on a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Fetene DM, Higgs P, Nielsen S, Djordjevic F, Dietze P
Med J Aust. 2020 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Incidence and factors associated with discontinuation of opioid agonist therapy among people who inject drugs in Australia.
Geddes L, Iversen J, Ward H, Maher L
Addiction. 2020 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Patterns and correlates of prescribed and non-prescribed pregabalin use among a sample of people who inject drugs in Australia.
Sutherland R, Dietze PM, Gisev N, Bruno R, Campbell G, Memedovic S, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Prevalence and risk factors associated with HIV/hepatitis B and HIV/hepatitis C co-infections among people who inject drugs in Mozambique.
Semá Baltazar C, Boothe M, Kellogg T, Ricardo P, Sathane I, Fazito E, Raymond HF, Temmerman M, Luchters S
BMC Public Health. 2020 Jun; 20(1):851
May, 2020 (2)
- Psychometric properties of measures of substance use: a systematic review and meta-analysis of reliability, validity and diagnostic test accuracy.
Santos GM, Strathdee SA, El-Bassel N, Patel P, Subramanian D, Horyniak D, Cook RR, McCullagh C, Marotta P, Choksi F, Kang B, Allen I, Shoptaw S
BMC Med Res Methodol. 2020 May; 20(1):106
- Illicit drug use and harms in Australia in the context of COVID-19 and associated restrictions: Anticipated consequences and initial responses.
Dietze PM, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 May; 39(4):297-300
April, 2020 (1)
- "Bed Bugs and Beyond": An ethnographic analysis of North America's first women-only supervised drug consumption site.
Boyd J, Lavalley J, Czechaczek S, Mayer S, Kerr T, Maher L, McNeil R
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Apr; 78:102733
March, 2020 (1)
- Community pharmacy naloxone supply, before and after rescheduling as an over-the-counter drug: sales and prescriptions data, 2014-2018.
Tse WC, Sanfilippo P, Lam T, Dietze P, Nielsen S
Med J Aust. 2020 Mar; 212(7):314-320
February, 2020 (3)
- Motivations for crystal methamphetamine-opioid co-injection/co-use amongst community-recruited people who inject drugs: a qualitative study.
Palmer A, Scott N, Dietze P, Higgs P
Harm Reduct J. 2020 Feb; 17(1):14
- Blood donation amongst people who inject drugs in Australia: research supporting policy change.
Quinn B, Pearson R, Cutts J, Seed C, Scott N, Hoad V, Dietze P, Wilson D, Maher L, Thompson A, Farrell M, Harrod M, Caris S, Pink J, Kotsiou G, Hellard M
Vox Sang. 2020 Feb; 115(3):162-70
- Investigating possible syndemic relationships between structural and drug use factors, sexual HIV transmission and viral load among men of colour who have sex with men in Los Angeles County.
Quinn B, Gorbach PM, Okafor CN, Heinzerling KG, Shoptaw S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Feb; 39(2):116-127
January, 2020 (9)
- Social domains of discrimination against people who inject drugs: Links with health and wellbeing.
Couto E Cruz C, Salom C, Parsell C, Dietze P, Burns L, Alati R
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 77:102620
- Perceptions of extended-release buprenorphine injections for opioid use disorder among people who regularly use opioids in Australia.
Larance B, Degenhardt L, Grebely J, Nielsen S, Bruno R, Dietze P, Lancaster K, Larney S, Santo T Jr, Shanahan M, Memedovic S, Ali R, Farrell M
Addiction. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Use of alcohol swabs to clean injecting sites among people who regularly inject drugs in Australia.
Gibbs D, Peacock A, O'Keefe D, Butler K, Bruno R, Lenton S, Burns L, Larney S.
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Jan; 39(1):83-92
- Designing, implementing and evaluating the overdose response with take-home naloxone model of care: An evaluation of client outcomes and perspectives.
Lintzeris N, Monds LA, Bravo M, Read P, Harrod ME, Gilliver R, Wood W, Nielsen S, Dietze PM, Lenton S, Shanahan M, Jauncey M, Jefferies M, Hazelwood S, Dunlop AJ, Greenaway M, Haber P, Ezard N, Malcom A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Jan; 39(1):55-65
- Response to Kwon et al. "Estimating the number of people who inject drugs and syringe coverage in Australia, 2005-2016".
O'Keefe D, Aitken C, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2020 Jan; 207:107800
- Maintaining the healthy body: Blood management and hepatitis C prevention among men who inject performance and image-enhancing drugs.
Fomiatti R, Lenton E, Latham JR, Fraser S, Moore D, Seear K, Aitken C
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 75:102592
- Sex discrepancies in the protective effect of opioid agonist therapy on incident hepatitis C infection.
Geddes L, Iversen J, Wand H, Esmaeili A, Tsui J, Hellard M, Dore G, Grebely J, Dietze P, Bruneau J, Prins M, Morris MD, Shoukry NH, Lloyd AR, Kim AY, Lauer G, Cox AL, Page K, Maher L; InC3 Collaborative.
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; 70(1):123-131
- Commentary on Arunogiri et al. (2019): Findings from surveillance of patterns of drug use and related harms need careful interpretation, promotion and response.
Dietze P, Horyniak D
Addiction. 2020 Jan; 115(3):480-481
- "They just don't care about us!": Police custody experiences for young men with histories of injecting drug use
Walker S, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Aust NZ J Criminol. 2020 Jan; 53(1):102-120
- Eliminate HIV (18)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (25)
- Eliminate Malaria (15)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (93)
- Disease Elimination (120)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (74)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Health Security (56)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- HIV and AIDS (22)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (6)
- Maternal and Child Health (26)
- Malaria (16)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (6)
- Hepatitis B (7)
- Hepatitis C (25)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (20)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (4)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Young People's Health (15)
- Justice Health (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (9)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (1)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Influenza (1)
- Global Adolescent Health (3)
- Antimicrobial resistance (2)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (13)