COVID-19 represents an unprecedented health, social and economic challenge in Australia and around the world. Support Burnet’s COVID-19 emergency response today.
May, 2020 (16)
- Striving for hepatitis C elimination - the role of a vaccine.
Hellard M, Drummer H, Scott N
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 May; Epub ahead of print
- Infection-induced plasmablasts are a nutrient sink that impairs humoral immunity to malaria.
Vijay R, Guthmiller JJ, Sturtz AJ, Surette FA, Rogers KJ, Sompallae RR, Li F, Pope RL, Chan JA, de Labastida Rivera F, Andrew D, Webb L, Maury WJ, Xue HH, Engwerda CR, McCarthy JS, Boyle MJ, Butler NS
Nat Immunol. 2020 May; Epub ahead of print
- The most promising treatments for COVID-19.
Lewin S, Copolov D, Crabb B, Cuthbertson A, Doherty P, Hoy W, Kelleher A, Majumdar S, Tachedjian G
Rapid Res Infor Forum. 2020 May
- COVID-19 in Africa: care and protection for frontline healthcare workers.
Chersich MF, Gray G, Fairlie L, Eichbaum Q, Mayhew S, Allwood B, English R, Scorgie F, Luchters S, Simpson G, Haghighi MM, Pham MD, Rees H
Global Health. 2020 May; 16(1):46
- The Need for the Right Socio-Economic and Cultural Fit in the COVID-19 Response in Sub-Saharan Africa: Examining Demographic, Economic Political, Health, and Socio-Cultural Differentials in COVID-19 Morbidity and Mortality.
Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020 May; 17(10):E3445
- Sexual Behaviors and Violence in Pornography: Systematic Review and Narrative Synthesis of Video Content Analyses.
Carrotte ER, Davis AC, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2020 May; 22(5):e16702
- The most promising vaccines for COVID-19.
Cunningham A, Chappell K, Copolov D, Crabb B, Cuthbertson A, Doherty P, Drummer H, Foley C, Godfrey D, Halton J, Kelleher A , Majumdar S, McDonald C, Munro T, Purcell D, Young P
Rapid Res Infor Forum. 2020 May
- Psychometric properties of measures of substance use: a systematic review and meta-analysis of reliability, validity and diagnostic test accuracy.
Santos GM, Strathdee SA, El-Bassel N, Patel P, Subramanian D, Horyniak D, Cook RR, McCullagh C, Marotta P, Choksi F, Kang B, Allen I, Shoptaw S
BMC Med Res Methodol. 2020 May; 20(1):106
- Adherence in chronic hepatitis B: associations between medication possession ratio and adverse viral outcomes.
Allard NL, MacLachlan JH, Dev A, Dwyer J, Srivatsa G, Spelman T, Thompson AJ, Cowie BC
BMC Gastroenterol. 2020 May; 20(1):140
- Understanding mental health and its determinants from the perspective of adolescents: A qualitative study across diverse social settings in Indonesia.
Willenberg L, Wulan N, Medise BE, Devaera Y, Riyanti A, Ansariadi A, Wiguna T, Kaligis F, Fisher J, Luchters S, Jameel A, Sawyer SM, Tran T, Kennedy E, Patton GC, Wiweko B, Azzopardi PS
Asian J Psychiatr. 2020 May; 52:102148
- Enhancing the hepatitis B care cascade in Australia: a cost-effectiveness model.
Xiao Y, Howell J, van Gemert C, Thompson AJ, Seaman CP, McCulloch K, Scott N, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2020 May; 27(5):526-536
- Scaling up tuberculosis preventive therapy for contacts in high transmission settings
Majumdar SS, Triasih R, Grham SM
Lancet Glob Health. 2020 May; 8:e617-e618
- Global and regional prevalence, burden, and risk factors for carotid atherosclerosis: a systematic review, meta-analysis, and modelling study.
Song P, Fang Z, Wang H, Cai Y, Rahimi K, Zhu Y, Fowkes FGR, Fowkes FJI, Rudan I
Lancet Glob Health. 2020 May; 8(5):e721-e729
- Shifting the paradigm: using disease outbreaks to build resilient health systems.
Durski KN, Osterholm M, Majumdar SS, Nilles E, Bausch DG, Atun R
BMJ Glob Health. 2020 May; 5(5):e002499
- Development and validation of serological markers for detecting recent Plasmodium vivax infection.
Longley RJ, White MT, Takashima E, Brewster J, Morita M, Harbers M, Obadia T, Robinson LJ, Matsuura F, Liu ZSJ, Li-Wai-Suen CSN, Tham WH, Healer J, Huon C, Chitnis CE, Nguitragool W, Monteiro W, Proietti C, Doolan DL, Siqueira AM, Ding XC, Gonzalez IJ, Kazura J, Lacerda M, Sattabongkot J, Tsuboi T, Mueller I
Nat Med. 2020 May; 26(5):741-749
- Illicit drug use and harms in Australia in the context of COVID-19 and associated restrictions: Anticipated consequences and initial responses.
Dietze PM, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 May; 39(4):297-300
April, 2020 (11)
- A strategic framework to ease community-wide Covid-19 suppression measures.
Coghlan B, Majumdar SS, Pedrana A, Hellard ME, Crabb BS
MJA. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Trends in HIV and STI testing among gay bisexual and other men who have sex with men following rapid scale-up of PrEP in Victoria, Australia.
Ryan KE, Asselin J, Fairley CK, Armishaw J, Lal L, Nguyen L, Murphy D, Traeger M, Hellard M, Hoy J, Stoové M, Wright E; PrEPX Study team
Sex Transm Dis. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Bacterial and fungal infections in COVID-19 patients: A matter of concern.
Zhou P, Liu Z, Chen Y, Xiao Y, Huang X, Fan XG
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Enhancing the antigenicity and immunogenicity of monomeric forms of hepatitis C virus E2 for use as a preventive vaccine.
Center RJ, Boo I, Phu L, McGregor J, Poumbourios P, Drummer HE
J Biol Chem. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Epidemic thunderstorm asthma susceptibility from sensitization to ryegrass (Lolium perenne) pollen and major allergen Lol p 5.
Hew M, Lee J, Varese N, Aui PM, McKenzie CI, Wines BD, Aumann H, Rolland JM, Hogarth PM, van Zelm MC, O'Hehir RE
Allergy. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Targeting CD300f to enhance hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in acute myeloid leukemia.
Abadir E, Silveira PA, Gasiorowski RE, Ramesh M, Romano A, Mekkawy AH, Lo TH, Kabani K, Sutherland S, Pietersz GA, Ho PJ, Bryant CE, Larsen SR, Clark GJ
Blood Adv. 2020 Apr; 4(7):1206-1216
- Infectious KoRV-related retroviruses circulating in Australian bats.
Hayward JA, Tachedjian M, Kohl C, Johnson A, Dearnley M, Jesaveluk B, Langer C, Solymosi PD, Hille G, Nitsche A, Sánchez CA, Werner A, Kontos D, Crameri G, Marsh GA, Baker ML, Poumbourios P, Drummer HE, Holmes EC, Wang LF, Smith I, Tachedjian G
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020 Apr; 117(7):9529–9536
- Inflammatory and antimicrobial properties differ between vaginal Lactobacillus isolates from South African women with non-optimal versus optimal microbiota.
Manhanzva MT, Abrahams AG, Gamieldien H, Froissart R, Jaspan H, Jaumdally SZ, Barnabas SL, Dabee S, Bekker LG, Gray G, Passmore JS, Masson L
Sci Rep. 2020 Apr; 10(1):6196
- Tuberculosis contact investigation and short-course preventive therapy among young children in Africa.
Schwoebel V, Koura KG, Adjobimey M, Gnanou S, Wandji AG, Gody JC, Delacourt C, Detjen A, Graham SM, Masserey E, Mselatti P, Roggi A, Trébucq A
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2020 Apr; 24(4):452-460
- Antimicrobial resistance in the Pacific Island countries and territories.
Loftus M, Stewardson A, Naidu R, Coghlan B, Jenney A, Kepas J, Lavu E, Munamua A, Peel T, Sahai V, Tekoaua R, Tudravu L, Zinihite J, Cheng A, Rafai E, Peleg A
BMJ Glob Health. 2020 Apr; 5(4)
- Non-consensual sharing of personal sexually explicit imagery among young people in Australia: results from an online survey.
Douglass CH, Wright CJC, Davis AC, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2020 Apr; 17(2):182-186
March, 2020 (17)
- Effectiveness of an Ecological Momentary Intervention for Reducing Risky Alcohol Consumption Among Young Adults: Protocol for a Three-Arm Randomized Controlled Trial.
Wright C, Dietze PM, Kuntsche E, Livingston M, Agius PA, Room R, Raggatt M, Hellard M, Lim MSC
JMIR Res Protoc. 2020 Mar; 9(3):e14190
- Multi-functional antibodies are induced by the RTS,S malaria vaccine and associated with protection in a phase I/IIa trial.
Kurtovic L, Atre T, Feng G, Wines BD, Chan JA, Boyle MJ, Drew DR, Hogarth PM, Fowkes FJI, Bergmann-Leitner ES, Beeson JG
J Infect Dis. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Unmet Need for Family Planning and Experience of Unintended Pregnancy Among Female Sex Workers in Urban Cameroon: Results From a National Cross-Sectional Study.
Bowring AL, Schwartz S, Lyons C, Rao A, Olawore O, Njindam IM, Nzau J, Fouda G, Fako GH, Turpin G, Levitt D, Georges S, Tamoufe U, Billong SC, Njoya O, Zoung-Kanyi AC, Baral S
Glob Health Sci Pract. 2020 Mar; 8(1):82-99
- Measuring hepatitis C virus elimination as a public health threat:beyond global targets.
van Santen DK, Sacks-Davis R, Doyle JS, Scott N, Prins M, Hellard M
J Viral Hepat. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Direct assessment of mental health and metabolic syndrome amongst Indonesian adolescents: a study design for a mixed-methods study sampled from school and community settings.
Azzopardi PS, Willenberg L, Wulan N, Devaera Y, Medise B, Riyanti A, Ansariadi A, Sawyer S, Wiguna T, Kaligis F, Fisher J, Tran T, Agius PA, Borschmann R, Brown A, Cini K, Clifford S, Kennedy EC, Pedrana A, Pham MD, Wake M, Zimmet P, Durrant K, Wiweko B, Luchters S
Glob Health Action. 2020 Mar; 13(1):1732665
- Monocytes from men living with HIV exhibit heightened atherogenic potential despite long term viral suppression with ART.
Angelovich TA, Trevillyan JM, Hoy JF, Wong ME, Agius PA, Hearps AC, Jaworowski A
AIDS. 2020 Mar; 34(4):513-518
- Australia needs to increase testing to achieve hepatitis C elimination.
Scott N, Sacks-Davis R, Wade AJ, Stoové M, Pedrana A, Doyle JS, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- C-Reactive Protein and Its Structural Isoforms: An Evolutionary Conserved Marker and Central Player in Inflammatory Diseases and Beyond.
McFadyen JD, Zeller J, Potempa LA, Pietersz GA, Eisenhardt SU, Peter K
Subcell Biochem. 2020 Mar; 94:499-520
- Sharing the costs of structural interventions: What can models tell us?
Stuart RM, Wilson DP
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Reinfection following successful direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C infection among people who inject drugs.
Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Hellard M, Bruneau J, Feld JJ, Cooper C, Powis J, Litwin AH, Marks P, Dalgard O, Conway B, Moriggia A, Stedman C, Read P, Bruggmann P, Lacombe K, Dunlop A, Applegate TL, Matthews GV, Fraser C, Dore GJ, Grebely J
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Harnessing the immune system via FcgammaR function in immune therapy: A pathway to next-gen mAbs.
Chenoweth AM, Wines BD, Anania JC, Mark Hogarth P
Immunol Cell Biol. 2020 Mar
- Protecting Chinese Healthcare Workers While Combating the 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
Zhou P, Huang Z, Xiao Y, Huang X, Fan XG
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print:1-4
- Screening the Medicines for Malaria Venture Pathogen Box for invasion and egress inhibitors of the blood stage of Plasmodium falciparum reveals several inhibitory compounds.
Dans MG, Weiss GE, Wilson DW, Sleebs BE, Crabb BS, de Koning-Ward TF, Gilson PR
Int J Parasitol. 2020 Mar; 50(3):235-252
- Community pharmacy naloxone supply, before and after rescheduling as an over-the-counter drug: sales and prescriptions data, 2014-2018.
Tse WC, Sanfilippo P, Lam T, Dietze P, Nielsen S
Med J Aust. 2020 Mar; 212(7):314-320
- Potential health gains among key populations in West and Central Africa through savings from lower-cost HIV treatment.
Stuart RM, Kelly SL, Martin-Hughes R, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2020 Mar; 34(3):439-446
- Gaps in the HIV diagnosis and care cascade for migrants in Australia, 2013-2017: A cross-sectional study.
Marukutira T, Gray RT, Douglass C, El-Hayek C, Moreira C, Asselin J, Donovan B, Vickers T, Spelman T, Crowe S, Guy R, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS Med. 2020 Mar; 17(3):e1003044
- The safety of combined triple drug therapy with ivermectin, diethylcarbamazine and albendazole in the neglected tropical diseases co-endemic setting of Fiji: A cluster randomised trial.
Hardy M, Samuela J, Kama M, Tuicakau M, Romani L, Whitfeld MJ, King CL, Weil GJ, Grobler AC, Robinson LJ, Kaldor JM, Steer AC
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2020 Mar; 14(3):e0008106
February, 2020 (21)
- Motivations for crystal methamphetamine-opioid co-injection/co-use amongst community-recruited people who inject drugs: a qualitative study.
Palmer A, Scott N, Dietze P, Higgs P
Harm Reduct J. 2020 Feb; 17(1):14
- Point-of-care HIV testing can help achieve UNAIDS targets.
Hellard M, Ryan KE, Stoové M
Lancet HIV. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- The Gist: A Digital Pornography Literacy Resource Co-Designed With Vulnerable Young People.
Davis AC, Wright CC, Murphy S, Dietze P, Temple-Smith MJ, Hellard ME, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted - should we be treating people with immune-tolerant chronic hepatitis B to prevent hepatocellular carcinoma?
Howell DJ, Chan HL, Feld JJ, Hellard ME, Thompson AJ
Gastroenterology. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Tuberculosis in pregnant women and neonates: A meta-review of current evidence.
Snow KJ, Bekker A, Huang GK, Graham SM
Paediatr Respir Rev. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Investing in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adolescents: a foundation for achieving health equity.
Azzopardi P, Blow N, Purcell T, Brown N, Ritchie T, Brown A
Med J Aust. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- New Potential Axes of HIV Neuropathogenesis with Relevance to Biomarkers and Treatment.
Angelovich TA, Churchill MJ, Wright EJ, Brew BJ
Curr Top Behav Neurosci. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Inter-relationships among key reproductive health indicators in sub-Saharan Africa focusing on the central role of maternal literacy.
Woldegiorgis MA, Meyer D, Hiller JE, Mekonnen W, Bhowmik J
Int Health. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- A quasi-experimental text messaging trial to improve adolescent sexual and reproductive health and smoking knowledge in Indonesia.
Pedrana AE, Pina J, Padmawati RS, Zuhrina R, Lazuardi L, Lim MSC, Hellard ME, Prabandari YS
Sex Health. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Blood donation amongst people who inject drugs in Australia: research supporting policy change.
Quinn B, Pearson R, Cutts J, Seed C, Scott N, Hoad V, Dietze P, Wilson D, Maher L, Thompson A, Farrell M, Harrod M, Caris S, Pink J, Kotsiou G, Hellard M
Vox Sang. 2020 Feb; 115(3):162-70
- Fc functional antibody responses to adjuvanted versus unadjuvanted seasonal influenza vaccination in community-dwelling older adults.
Vanderven HA, Barr I, Reynaldi A, Wheatley AK, Wines BD, Davenport MP, Hogarth PM, Kent SJ
Vaccine. 2020 Feb; 38(10):2368-2377
- Why are vaccines against many human viral diseases still unavailable; an historic perspective?
Tannock GA, Kim H, Xue L
J Med Virol. 2020 Feb; 92(2):129-138
- Prevalence of daily tobacco smoking participation among HIV-positive and HIV-negative Australian gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
Wilkinson A, Quinn B, Draper B, White S, Hellard M, Stoové M
HIV Med. 2020 Feb; 21(2):e3-e4
- Distinguishing human peripheral blood CD16(+) myeloid cells based on phenotypic characteristics.
Fromm PD, Silveira PA, Hsu JL, Papadimitrious MS, Lo TH, Ju X, Kupresanin F, Romano A, Hsu WH, Bryant CE, Kong B, Abadir E, Mekkawy A, M McGuire H, Groth BFS, Cunningham I, Newman E, Gibson J, Hogarth PM, Hart DNJ, Clark GJ
J Leukoc Biol. 2020 Feb; 107(2):323-339
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of primary versus hospital-based specialist care for direct acting antiviral hepatitis C treatment.
Palmer AY, Wade AJ, Draper B, Howell J, Doyle JS, Petrie D, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard ME, Scott N
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Feb; 76:102633
- Upscaling prevention, testing and treatment to control hepatitis C as a public health threat in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: A cost-effectiveness model.
Scott N, Mohamed Z, Rwegasha J, Mbwambo J, Lemoine M, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print:102634
- The effects of sublingual nitroglycerin administration in coronary computed tomography angiography.
Kutaiba N, Lukies M, Galea M, Begbie M, Smith G, Kearney L, Spelman T, Lim RP
Clin Imaging. 2020 Feb; 60(2):194-199
- Is another relationship possible? Connoisseurship and the doctor-patient relationship for men who consume performance and image-enhancing drugs.
Fraser S, Fomiatti R, Moore D, Seear K, Aitken C
Soc Sci Med. 2020 Feb; 246:112720
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis for female sex workers: ensuring women's family planning needs are not left behind.
Bowring AL, Ampt FH, Schwartz S, Stoové MA, Luchters S, Baral S, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25442
- Trends in late and advanced HIV diagnoses among migrants in Australia; implications for progress on Fast-Track targets: A retrospective observational study.
Marukutira T, Gunaratnam P, Douglass C, Jamil MS, McGregor S, Guy R, Gray RT, Spelman T, Horyniak D, Higgins N, Giele C, Crowe SM, Stoove M, Hellard M
Medicine. 2020 Feb; 99(8):e19289
- HIV incidence and factors associated with testing positive for HIV among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Myanmar: data from community-based HIV testing services.
Veronese V, Traeger M, Oo ZM, Tun TT, Oo NN, Maung H, Hughes C, Pedrana A, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25454
January, 2020 (35)
- Cost-effectiveness of transplanting lungs and kidneys from donors with potential hepatitis C exposure or infection.
Scott N, Snell G, Westall G, Pilcher D, Raggatt M, Walker RG, Hellard M, Peleg AY, Doyle J
Sci Rep. 2020 Jan; 10(1):1459
- The invisible burden of malaria-attributable stillbirths.
Fowkes FJI, Davidson E, Moore KA, McGready R, Simpson JA
Lancet. 2020 Jan; 395(10220):268
- Strengthening routine immunization in Papua New Guinea: a cross-sectional provincial assessment of front-line services.
Morgan CJ, Saweri OPM, Larme N, Peach E, Melepia P, Au L, Scoullar MJL, Reza MS, Vallely LM, McPake BI, Beeson JG
BMC Public Health. 2020 Jan; 20(1):100
- Pregnancy-specific malarial immunity and risk of malaria in pregnancy and adverse birth outcomes: a systematic review.
Cutts JC, Agius PA, Zaw Lin, Powell R, Moore K, Draper B, Simpson JA, Fowkes FJI
BMC Med. 2020 Jan; 18(1):14
- Modelling the impact of migrants on the success of the HIV care and treatment program in Botswana.
Marukutira T, Scott N, Kelly SL, Birungi C, Makhema JM, Crowe S, Stoove M, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2020 Jan; 15(1):e0226422
- "That's the Lowest Place on Earth!" Experiences of the Carceral Spaces of Australian Police Custody for Marginalized Young Men.
Walker S, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Qual Health Res. 2020 Jan; 30(6):880-893
- Social domains of discrimination against people who inject drugs: Links with health and wellbeing.
Couto E Cruz C, Salom C, Parsell C, Dietze P, Burns L, Alati R
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 77:102620
- Distinct Immune Responses Elicited From Cervicovaginal Epithelial Cells by Lactic Acid and Short Chain Fatty Acids Associated With Optimal and Non-optimal Vaginal Microbiota.
Delgado-Diaz DJ, Tyssen D, Hayward JA, Gugasyan R, Hearps AC, Tachedjian G
Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2020 Jan; 9:446
- TNF-Block Genotypes Influence Susceptibility to HIV-Associated Sensory Neuropathy in Indonesians and South Africans.
Gaff J, Octaviana F, Pillay P, Mbenda HGN, Ariyanto IA, Gan JA, Cherry CL, Kamerman P, Laws SM, Price P
Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Jan; 21(2)
- Sex discrepancies in the protective effect of opioid agonist therapy on incident hepatitis C infection.
Geddes L, Iversen J, Wand H, Esmaeili A, Tsui J, Hellard M, Dore G, Grebely J, Dietze P, Bruneau J, Prins M, Morris MD, Shoukry NH, Lloyd AR, Kim AY, Lauer G, Cox AL, Page K, Maher L; InC3 Collaborative.
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; 70(1):123-131
- Directly observed hepatitis C treatment with opioid substitution therapy in community pharmacies: A qualitative study.
Gunn J, Higgs P
Res Social Adm Pharm. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Population-level diagnosis and care cascade for chlamydia in Australia.
Gray RT, Callander D, Hocking JS, McGregor S, McManus H, Dyda A, Moreira C, Braat S, Hengel B, Ward J, Wilson DP, Donovan B, Kaldor JM, Guy RJ
Sex Transm Infect. 2020 Jan; 96(2):131-136
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C in primary care compared to hospital-based care: a randomised controlled trial in people who inject drugs.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Gane E, Stedman C, Draper B, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Petrie D, Scott N, Higgs P, Agius PA, Roney J, Stothers L, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Plasma levels of the soluble form of the FcgammaRIIa receptor vary with receptor polymorphisms and are elevated in rheumatoid arthritis.
Qiao J, Dunne E, Wines B, Kenny D, McCarthy GM, Hogarth PM, Xu K, Andrews RK, Gardiner EE
Platelets. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- "A spray bottle and a lollipop stick": An examination of policy prohibiting sterile injecting equipment in prison and effects on young men with injecting drug use histories.
Walker S, Seear K, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- ‘Not my child’: parenting, pornography, and views on education.
Davis AC, Wright C, Curtis M, Hellard ME, Lim MSC, Temple-Smith MJ
J Fam Studies. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Complement in malaria immunity and vaccines.
Kurtovic L, Boyle MJ, Opi DH, Kennedy AT, Tham WH, Reiling L, Chan JA, Beeson JG
Immunol Rev. 2020 Jan; 293(1):38-56
- Moving towards hepatitis C micro-elimination among people living with HIV in Australia: the CEASE study.
Martinello M, Yee J, Bartlett SR, Read P, Baker D, Post JJ, 7, 8, Finlayson R, Bloch M, Doyle J, Shaw D, Hellard M, Petoumenos K, Lin L, Marks P, Applegate T, Dore GJ, Matthews GV; CEASE study team
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The prognostic significance of attenuated psychotic symptoms in help-seeking youth.
Hazan H, Spelman T, Amminger GP, Hickie I, McGorry PD, Phillips LJ, Purcell R, Wood SJ, Yung AR, Nelson B
Schizophr Res. 2020 Jan; 215:277-83
- Adherence to once-daily and twice-daily direct acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C infection among people with recent injection drug use or current opioid agonist therapy.
Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Litwin AH, Gane E, Cooper C, Lacombe K, Hellard M, Read P, Powis J, Dalgard O, Bruneau J, Matthews GV, Feld JJ, Dillon JF, Shaw D, Bruggmann P, Conway B, Fraser C, Marks P, Dore GJ, Grebely J
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The Elimination of Hepatitis C as a Public Health Threat.
Hellard M, Schroeder SE, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Aitken C
Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2020 Jan; 10(4):a036939
- Treading lightly: Finding the best way to use public health surveillance of hepatitis C diagnoses to increase access to cure.
Stoové M, Wallace J, Higgs P, Pedrana A, Goutzamanis S, Latham N, Scott N, Treloar C, Crawford S, Doyle J, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 75:102596
- Adolescent tuberculosis.
Snow KJ, Cruz AT, Seddon JA, Ferrand RA, Chiang SS, Hughes JA, Kampmann B, Graham SM, Dood PJ, Houben RM, Denholm JT, Sawyer SM, Kranzer K
Lancet Child Adolesc Health. 2020 Jan; 4(1):68-79
- Designing, implementing and evaluating the overdose response with take-home naloxone model of care: An evaluation of client outcomes and perspectives.
Lintzeris N, Monds LA, Bravo M, Read P, Harrod ME, Gilliver R, Wood W, Nielsen S, Dietze PM, Lenton S, Shanahan M, Jauncey M, Jefferies M, Hazelwood S, Dunlop AJ, Greenaway M, Haber P, Ezard N, Malcom A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Jan; 39(1):55-65
- B cell immunodominance in primary hepatitis C virus infection.
Brasher NA, Eltahla AA, Underwood A, Boo I, Rizzetto S, Walker M, Rodrigo C, Luciani F, Maher L, Drummer HE, Tedla N, Lloyd AR, Bull RA
J Hepatol. 2020 Jan; 72(4):670-679
- "They just don't care about us!": Police custody experiences for young men with histories of injecting drug use
Walker S, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Aust NZ J Criminol. 2020 Jan; 53(1):102-120
- A descriptive analysis of young women.
Davis AC, Temple-Smith MJ, Carrotte E, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2020 Jan; 17:69-76
- Commentary on Arunogiri et al. (2019): Findings from surveillance of patterns of drug use and related harms need careful interpretation, promotion and response.
Dietze P, Horyniak D
Addiction. 2020 Jan; 115(3):480-481
- Maintaining the healthy body: Blood management and hepatitis C prevention among men who inject performance and image-enhancing drugs.
Fomiatti R, Lenton E, Latham JR, Fraser S, Moore D, Seear K, Aitken C
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 75:102592
- Perceptions of extended-release buprenorphine injections for opioid use disorder among people who regularly use opioids in Australia.
Larance B, Degenhardt L, Grebely J, Nielsen S, Bruno R, Dietze P, Lancaster K, Larney S, Santo T Jr, Shanahan M, Memedovic S, Ali R, Farrell M
Addiction. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Standardised shorter regimens versus individualised longer regimens for multidrug-resistant TB.
Abidi S, Achar J, Neino MMA, Bang D, Benedetti A, Brode S, Campbell JR, Casas E, Conradie F, Dravniece G, du Cros P, Falzon D, Jaramillo E, Kuaban C, Lan Z, Lange C, Li PZ, Makhmudova M, Maug AKJ, Menzies D, Migliori GB, Miller A, Myrzaliev B, Ndjeka N, Noeske J, Parpieva N, Piubello A, Schwoebel V, Sikhondze W, Singla R, Souleymane MB, Trébucq A, Van Deun A, Viney K, Weyer K, Zhang BJ, Khan FA
Eur Respir J. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Commentary on Barre et al. (2019): Identifying remaining barriers to hepatitis C treatment in the DAA era.
Sacks-Davis R, van Santen DK, DoyleJS
Addiction. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Response to Kwon et al. "Estimating the number of people who inject drugs and syringe coverage in Australia, 2005-2016".
O'Keefe D, Aitken C, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2020 Jan; 207:107800
- CD4 T cell metabolism is a major contributor of
HIV infectivity and reservoir persistence.
Taylor HE, Palmer CS
Immunometab. 2020 Jan; 2(1)::e200005
- 'Think Hep B' in primary care: A before-and-after evaluation of a self-guided learning package.
Xiao Y, van Gemert C, Howell J, Adamson E, Towell V, Cowie BC, Thompson AJ, Hellard M
Aust J Gen Pract. 2020 Jan; 49(1-2):66-69
- Eliminate HIV (14)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (22)
- Eliminate Malaria (10)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (76)
- Disease Elimination (100)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (63)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Health Security (46)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- HIV and AIDS (15)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (3)
- Maternal and Child Health (22)
- Malaria (11)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (6)
- Hepatitis B (4)
- Hepatitis C (21)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (16)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (4)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Young People's Health (14)
- Justice Health (1)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (7)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (1)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (1)
- Influenza (1)
- Global Adolescent Health (3)
- Antimicrobial resistance (2)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (10)