We are closer than ever to developing an urgently needed hepatitis C vaccine. But in order to get there we need your help.
July, 2019 (2)
- Patterns of drug, alcohol use and injection equipment sharing among people with recent injecting drug use or receiving opioid agonist treatment during and following hepatitis C virus treatment with direct-acting antiviral therapies.
Artenie AA, Cunningham EB, Dore GJ, Conway B, Dalgard O, Powis J, Bruggmann P, Hellard M, Cooper C, Read P, Feld JJ, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Lacombe K, Stedman C, Litwin AH, Marks P, Matthews GV, Quiene S, Erratt A, Bruneau J, Grebely J
Clin Infect Dis. 2019 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Genomic characterization of hepatitis C virus transmitted founder variants with deep sequencing.
Abayasingam A, Leung P, Eltahla A, Bull RA, Luciani F, Grebely J, Dore GJ, Applegate T, Page K, Bruneau J, Cox AL, Kim AY, Schinkel J, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Hellard M, Prins M, Lloyd A, Rodrigo C
Infect Genet Evol. 2019 Jul; 71:36-41
June, 2019 (2)
- Pre-clinical evaluation of a quadrivalent HCV VLP vaccine in pigs following microneedle delivery.
Christiansen D, Earnest-Silveira L, Grubor-Bauk B, Wijesundara DK, Boo I, Ramsland PA, Vincan E, Drummer HE, Gowans EJ, Torresi J
Sci Rep. 2019 Jun; 9(1):9251
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C in primary care compared to hospital-based care: a randomised controlled trial in people who inject drugs.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Gane E, Stedman C, Draper B, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Petrie D, Scott N, Higgs P, Agius PA, Roney J, Stothers L, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2019 Jun; Epub ahead of print
May, 2019 (4)
- Staying hepatitis C negative: a systematic review and meta-analysis of cure and reinfection in people who inject drugs.
Latham NH, Doyle JS, Palmer AY, Vanhommerig JW, Agius P, Goutzamanis S, Li Z, Pedrana A, Gottfredsson M, Bouscaillou J, Luhmann N, Mazhnaya A, Altice FL, Saeed S, Klein M, Falade-Nwulia OO, Aspinall E, Hutchinson S, Hellard ME, Sacks-Davis R
Liver Int. 2019 May; Epub ahead of print
- Point-of-care hepatitis C testing from needle and syringe programs: An Australian feasibility study.
Williams B, Howell J, Doyle J, Thompson AJ, Draper B, Layton C, Latham N, Bramwell F, Membrey D, Mcpherson M, Roney J, Stoové M, Hellard ME, Pedrana A
Int J Drug Policy. 2019 May; Epub ahead of print
- Pathology laboratory surveillance in the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS) of sexually transmitted infections and blood borne viruses: Study Protocol.
van Gemert C, Guy R, Stoove M, Dimech W, El-Hayek C, Asselin J, Moreira C, Nguyen L, Callander D, Boyle D, Donovan B, Hellard M
J Med Internet Res. 2019 May; In Press
- Hepatitis C risk perceptions and attitudes towards reinfection among HIV-diagnosed gay and bisexual men in Melbourne, Australia.
Schroeder SE, Higgs P, Winter R, Brown G, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Doyle J, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2019 May; 22(5):e25288
April, 2019 (3)
- Quantitative evaluation of an integrated nurse model of care providing hepatitis C treatment to people attending homeless services in Melbourne, Australia.
Harney BL, Whitton B, Lim C, Paige E, McDonald B, Nolan S, Pemberton D, Hellard ME, Doyle JS
Int J Drug Policy. 2019 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Directly observed hepatitis C treatment with opioid substitution therapy in community pharmacies: A qualitative study.
Gunn J, Higgs P
Res Social Adm Pharm. 2019 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Scale-up of hepatitis C treatment in prisons is key to national elimination.
Papaluca T, Hellard ME, Thompson AJV, Lloyd AR
Med J Aust. 2019 Apr; Epub ahead of print
March, 2019 (2)
- Treatment access is only the first step to hepatitis C elimination: experience of universal anti-viral treatment access in Australia.
Doyle JS, Scott N, Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana AE, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME; Eliminate Hepatitis C Partnership
Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2019 Mar; 49(9):1223-1229
- Mortality among people who inject drugs: Ten-year follow-up of the HCV Cohort
Kimber J, Stoové M, Maher L
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2019 Mar; Epub ahead of print
February, 2019 (5)
- Sex discrepancies in the protective effect of opioid agonist therapy on incident hepatitis C infection.
Geddes L, Iversen J, Wand H, Esmaeili A, Tsui J, Hellard M, Dore G, Grebely J, Dietze P, Bruneau J, Prins M, Morris MD, Shoukry NH, Lloyd AR, Kim AY, Lauer G, Cox AL, Page K, Maher L; InC3 Collaborative.
Clin Infect Dis. 2019 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Community-based, point-of-care hepatitis C testing: perspectives and preferences of people who inject drugs.
Latham NH, Pedrana A, Doyle JS, Howell J, Williams B, Higgs P, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2019 Feb; 26(7):919-922
- Accelerating the elimination of viral hepatitis: a Lancet Gastroenterology & Hepatology Commission.
Cooke GS, Andrieux-Meyer I, Applegate TL, Atun R, Burry JR, Cheinquer H, Dusheiko G, Feld JJ, Gore C, Griswold MG, Hamid S, Hellard ME, Hou J, Howell J, Jia J, Kravchenko N, Lazarus JV, Lemoine M, Lesi OA, Maistat L, McMahon BJ, Razavi H, Roberts TR, Simmons B, Sonderup MW, Spearman CW, Taylor BE, Thomas DL, Waked I, Ward JW, Wiktor SZ; Lancet Gastroenterology & Hepatology Commissioners.
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019 Feb; 4(2):135-184
- Understanding HIV and hepatitis C virus risk among incarcerated young men with histories of injecting drug use.
Walker S, Stoové M, Wilson M, Higgs P.
Lancet Infect Dis. 2019 Feb; 19(2):130-131
- A latent class approach to identify multi-risk profiles associated with phylogenetic clustering of recent hepatitis C virus infection in Australia and New Zealand from 2004 to 2015.
Bartlett SR, Applegate TL, Jacka BP, Martinello M, Lamoury FM, Danta M, Bradshaw D, Shaw D, Lloyd AR, Hellard M, Dore GJ, Matthews GV, Grebely J
J Int AIDS Soc. 2019 Feb; 22(2):e25222
January, 2019 (7)
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C in prisoners using a nurse-led, state-wide model of care.
Papaluca T, McDonald L, Craigie A, Gibson A, Desmond P, Wong D, Winter R, Scott N, Howell J, Doyle J, Pedrana A, Lloyd A, Stoové M, Hellard M, Iser D, Thompson A
J Hepatol. 2019 Jan; 70(5):839-846
- "I'm obviously not dying so it's not something I need to sort out today": Considering hepatitis C treatment in the era of direct acting antivirals.
Wright C, Cogger S, Hsieh K, Goutzamanis S, Hellard M, Higgs P
Infect Dis Health. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Hepatitis C elimination among people who inject drugs: Challenges and recommendations for action within a health systems framework.
Day E, Hellard M, Treloar C, Bruneau J, Martin NK, Øvrehus A, Dalgard O, Lloyd A, Dillon J, Hickman M, Byrne J, Litwin A, Maticic M, Bruggmann P, Midgard H, Norton B, Trooskin S, Lazarus JV, Grebely J; International Network on Hepatitis in Substance Users (INHSU).
Liver Int. 2019 Jan; 39(1):20-30
- Genomic variability of within-host hepatitis C variants in acute infection.
Rodrigo C, Leung P, Lloyd AR, Bull RA, Luciani F, Grebely J, Dore GJ, Applegate T, Page K, Bruneau J, Cox AL, Osburn W, Kim AY, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Schinkel J, Prins M, Hellard M, Eltahla AA; InC3 Collaborative
J Viral Hepat. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Aiming for the elimination of viral hepatitis in Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and Territories: where are we now and barriers to meeting WHO targets by 2030.
Howell J, Pedrana A, Cowie BC, Doyle J, Getehun A, Ward J, Gane E, Cunningham C, Wallace J, Lee A, Malani J, Thompson A, Hellard ME
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019 Jan; 34(1):40-48
- Improving hepatitis C direct-acting antiviral access and uptake: a role for patient-reported outcomes and lived-experience.
Goutzamanis S, Doyle J, Higgs P, Hellard M
J Viral Hepat. 2019 Jan; 26(2):218-223
- The global campaign to eliminate HBV and HCV infection: International Viral Hepatitis Elimination Meeting and core indicators for development towards the 2030 elimination goals.
Popping S, Bade D, Boucher C, van der Valk M, El-Sayed M, Sigurour O, Sypsa V, Morgan T, Gamkrelidze A, Mukabatsinda C, Deuffic-Burban S, Ninburg M, Feld J, Hellard M, Ward J
J Virus Erad. 2019 Jan; 5(1):60-66
- Eliminate HIV (25)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (5)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (26)
- Eliminate Malaria (22)
- Maternal and Child Health (115)
- Disease Elimination (138)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (89)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Health Security (Expansion Program) (51)
- Adolescent Health (4)
- Healthy Ageing (Expansion Program) (53)
- International Operations (6)
- Latest Research Advances (0)
- HIV and AIDS (32)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (4)
- Maternal and Child Health (30)
- Malaria (24)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (9)
- Hepatitis B (9)
- Hepatitis C (25)
- Global infectious disease threats (1)
- Injecting Drug Use (14)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (15)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (6)
- Young People's Health (12)
- Justice Health (3)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (6)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (3)
- Global Adolescent Health (1)