With lives at stake, there’s no time to waste. The Alastair Lucas Prize for Medical Research allows the highest calibre researchers to immediately start life-saving work.
May, 2019 (4)
- Point-of-care testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections to improve birth outcomes in high-burden, low-income settings: Study protocol for a cluster randomized crossover trial (the WANTAIM Trial, Papua New Guinea)
Vallely AJ, William S. Pomat WS, Homer C, Guy R, Luchters S, Mola GDL, Kariwiga G, Vallely LM, Wiseman V, Morgan C, Wand H, Rogerson SJ, Tabrizi SN, Whiley DM, Low N, Peeling R, Siba P, Riddell M, Laman M, Bolnga J, Robinson LJ, Morewaya J, Badman SG, Batura N, Kelly-Hanku A, Toliman PJ, Peter W, Babona D, Peach E, Garland SM, Kaldor JM
Well Open Res. 2019 May; Epub ahead of print (Awaiting Open Peer Review)
- The burden of severe maternal outcomes and indicators of quality of maternal care in Nigerian hospitals: a secondary analysis comparing two large facility-based surveys.
Vogel JP, Fawole B, Adeniran AS, Adegbola O, Oladapo OT
BJOG. 2019 May; Epub ahead of print
- What matters to women and healthcare providers in relation to interventions for the prevention of postpartum haemorrhage: A qualitative systematic review.
Finlayson K, Downe S, Vogel JP, Oladapo OT
PLoS One. 2019 May; 14(5):e0215919
- A systematic review of the cost-effectiveness of uterotonic agents for the prevention of postpartum hemorrhage.
Lawrie TA, Rogozińska E, Sobiesuo P, Vogel JP, Ternent L, Oladapo OT.
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 May; Epub ahead of print
April, 2019 (3)
- Association of Center-Specific Patient Volumes and Early Respiratory Management Practices with Death and Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia in Preterm Infants.
Spotswood N, Orsini F, Dargaville P; Australian and New Zealand Neonatal Network
J Pediatr. 2019 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Recognising the challenges of providing care for Thai pregnant adolescents: Healthcare professionals' views.
Jittitaworn W, Fox D, Catling C, Homer CSE
Women Birth. 2019 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Addressing preconception behaviour change through mobile phone apps: a protocol for a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Musgrave LM, Homer CSE, Kizirian NV, Gordon A
Syst Rev. 2019 Apr; 8(1):86
March, 2019 (2)
- Scaling Up Misoprostol to Prevent Postpartum Hemorrhage at Home Births in Mozambique: A Case Study Applying the ExpandNet/WHO Framework.
Hobday K, Hulme J, Prata N, Wate PZ, Belton S, Homer C
Glob Health Sci Pract. 2019 Mar; 7(1):66-86
- Creating the first national linked dataset on perinatal and maternal outcomes in Australia: Methods and challenges.
Cheah SL, Scarf VL, Rossiter C, Thornton C, Homer CSE
J Biomed Inform. 2019 Mar; 93:103152
February, 2019 (11)
- The salt between the beans: a qualitative study of the role of auxiliary midwives in a hard-to-reach area of Myanmar.
Than KK, Luchters S, Tin KN, La T, Beeson J, Morgan A
BMC Health Serv Res. 2019 Feb; 19(1):138
- Cross-sectional associations between Ideal Cardiovascular Health scores and vascular phenotypes in 11- to 12-year-olds and their parents: The Longitudinal Study of Australian Children.
Liu RS, Wake M, Grobler A, Cheung M, Lycett K, Ranganathan S, Edwards B, Dwyer T, Azzopardi P, Juonala M, Burgner DP
Int J Cardiol. 2019 Feb; 277:258-265
- Analgesia during Labor and Vaginal Birth among Women with Severe Maternal Morbidity: Secondary Analysis from the WHO Multicountry Survey on Maternal and Newborn Health.
Souza MA, Guida JPS, Cecatti JG, Souza JP, Gulmezoglu AM, Betran AP, Torloni MR, Vogel JP, Costa ML
Biomed Res Int. 2019 Feb; 2019:7596165
- Women's knowledge of maternal danger signs during pregnancy: Findings from a cross-sectional survey in Papua New Guinea.
Vallely LM, Emori R, Gouda H, Phuanukoonnon S, Homer C, Vallely AJ
Midwifery. 2019 Feb; 72:7-13
- Implementation of midwifery continuity of care models for Indigenous women in Australia: Perspectives and reflections for the United Kingdom.
Fernandez Turienzo C, Roe Y, Rayment-Jones H, Kennedy A, Forster D, Homer C, McLachlan H, Sandall J
Midwifery. 2019 Feb; 69:110-112
- Assessing the effect of the Expanding Maternal and Neonatal Survival program on improving stabilization and referral for maternal and newborn complications in Indonesia.
Pedrana A, Qomariyah SN, Tholandi M, Wijayanto B, Gandawidjaja T, Amelia D, Apriatni M, Sudirman S, Zazri A, Sethi R, Emerson M, Ahmed S
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Feb; 144 Suppl 1:30-41
- Presence of doctors and obstetrician/gynecologists for patients with maternal complications in hospitals in six provinces of Indonesia.
Pedrana A, Tholandi M, Qomariyah SN, Sethi R, Hyre A, Amelia D, Suhowatsky S, Ahmed S
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Feb; 144 Suppl 1:42-50
- The effect of Expanding Maternal and Neonatal Survival interventions on improving the coverage of labor monitoring and complication prevention practices in hospitals in Indonesia: A difference-in-difference analysis.
Tholandi M, Sethi R, Pedrana A, Qomariyah SN, Amelia D, Kaslam P, Sudirman S, Apriatni MS, Rahmanto A, Emerson M, Ahmed S
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Feb; 144 Suppl 1:21-29
- Changes in obstetric case fatality and early newborn mortality rates in hospitals after the implementation of the Expanding Maternal and Neonatal Survival program in Indonesia: Results from a health information system.
Ahmed S, Tholandi M, Pedrana A, Zazri A, Parmawaty N, Rahmanto A, Sethi R
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Feb; 144 Suppl 1:13-20
- Assessment of knowledge of evidence-based maternal and newborn care practices among midwives and nurses in six provinces in Indonesia.
Reena Sethi, Maya Tholandi, Dwirani Amelia, Alisa Pedrana, Saifuddin Ahmed
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Feb; 144 Suppl 1:51-58
- Collaborative community checklists for immunisation: a
feasibility and acceptability study in rural Myanmar
Morgan C, Davis J, Lin HH, Thar AMC, Ko AK, Luchters S, La T, Kyaw HK, , Myint AA, Win DT, Ko WEP
International Initiative for Impact Evaluation. 2019 Feb; Formative Evaluation Report
January, 2019 (4)
- Research prioritization of interventions for the primary prevention of preterm birth: An international survey.
Allotey J, Matei A, Husain S, Newton S, Dodds J, Armson AB, Khan KS, Vogel JP
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Primary and secondary prevention of preterm birth: a review of systematic reviews and ongoing randomized controlled trials.
Matei A, Saccone G, Vogel JP, Armson AB
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The future in their hands: Graduating student midwives' plans, job satisfaction and the desire to work in midwifery continuity of care.
Evans J, Taylor J, Browne J, Ferguson S, Atchan M, Maher P, Homer CS, Davis D
Women Birth. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Beyond the headlines: Fetal movement awareness is an important stillbirth prevention strategy.
Flenady V, Ellwood D, Bradford B, Coory M, Middleton P, Gardener G, Radestad I, Homer C, Davies-Tuck M, Forster D, Gordon A, Groom K, Crowther C, Walker S, Foord C, Warland J, Murphy M, Said J, Boyle F, O'Donoghue K, Cronin R, Sexton J, Weller M, McCowan L
Women Birth. 2019 Jan; 32(1):1-2
- Eliminate HIV (15)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (5)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (14)
- Eliminate Malaria (15)
- Maternal and Child Health (87)
- Disease Elimination (101)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (65)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Health Security (Expansion Program) (43)
- Adolescent Health (2)
- Healthy Ageing (Expansion Program) (40)
- International Operations (4)
- Latest Research Advances (0)
- HIV and AIDS (22)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (4)
- Maternal and Child Health (24)
- Malaria (17)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (7)
- Hepatitis B (3)
- Hepatitis C (17)
- Injecting Drug Use (10)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (12)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (6)
- Young People's Health (9)
- Justice Health (3)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (5)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (3)