Sponsor Professor Robert Power on his 65th birthday marathon, and support Burnet’s life-saving international programs. Donate today.
March, 2019 (1)
- A 30 kDa polyethylene glycol-enfuvirtide complex enhances the exposure of enfuvirtide in lymphatic viral reservoirs in rats.
Kaminskas LM, Williams CC, Leong NJ, Chan LJ, Butcher NJ, Feeney OM, Porter CJH, Tyssen D, Tachedjian G, Ascher DB
Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2019 Mar; 137:218-226
February, 2019 (6)
- Early initiation of antiretroviral therapy for people newly diagnosed with HIV infection in Australia: trends and predictors, 2004-2015.
McManus H, Callander D, Donovan B, Russell DB, O'Connor CC, Davies SC, Lewis DA, Hellard ME, Chen MY, Petoumenos K, Varma R, Cogle A, Boyd MA, Grulich A, Pollard J, Medland N, Fairley CK, Guy RJ
Med J Aust. 2019 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- HIV diagnoses in migrant populations in Australia-A changing epidemiology.
Gunaratnam P, Heywood AE, McGregor S, Jamil MS, McManus H, Mao L, Lobo R, Brown G, Hellard M, Marukutira T, Bretaña NA, Lang C, Medland N, Bavinton B, Grulich A, Guy R
PLoS One. 2019 Feb; 14(2):e0212268
- Qualitative assessment of South African healthcare worker perspectives on an instrument-free rapid CD4 test.
Scorgie F, Mohamed Y, Anderson D, Crowe SM, Luchters S, Chersich MF
BMC Health Serv Res. 2019 Feb; 19(1):123
- HIV latency can be established in proliferating and nonproliferating resting CD4+ T cells in vitro: implications for latency reversal.
Moso MA, Anderson JL, Adikari S, Gray LR, Khoury G, Chang JJ, Jacobson JC, Ellett AM, Cheng WJ, Saleh S, Zaunders JJ, Purcell DFJ, Cameron PU, Churchill MJ, Lewin SR, Lu HK
AIDS. 2019 Feb; 33(2):199-209
- Integrative biomarkers of biologic aging in HIV.
Rajasuriar R, Palmer C, Abdel-Mohsen M, Kamaruzzaman SB
AIDS. 2019 Feb; 33(2):345-347
- Understanding HIV and hepatitis C virus risk among incarcerated young men with histories of injecting drug use.
Walker S, Stoové M, Wilson M, Higgs P.
Lancet Infect Dis. 2019 Feb; 19(2):130-131
January, 2019 (10)
- Performance of a novel low-cost, instrument-free plasma separation device for HIV viral load quantification and determination of treatment failure in people living with HIV in Malaysia: a diagnostic accuracy study.
Pham MD, Haile BA, Azwa I, Kamarulzaman A, Raman N, Saeidi A, Bador MK, Tan M, Zhu J, Yi F, Elliott JH, Garcia ML, Li F, Crowe SM, Luchters S, Anderson DA
J Clin Microbiol. 2019 Jan
- The impact and cost-effectiveness of combined HIV prevention scenarios among transgender women sex-workers in Lima, Peru: a mathematical modelling study.
Annick Borquez, Juan Vicente Guanira, Paul Revill, Patricia Caballero, Alfonso Silva-Santisteban, Sherrie Kelly, Ximena Salazar, Patricia Bracamonte, Percy Minaya, Timothy B Hallett, Carlos F Caceres
Lancet Public Health. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Two families of Env antibodies efficiently engage Fc-gamma receptors and eliminate HIV-1-infected cells.
Anand SP, Prévost J, Baril S, Richard J, Medjahed H, Chapleau JP, Tolbert WD, Kirk S, Smith AB 3rd, Wines BD, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Pazgier M, Finzi A.
J Virol. 2019 Jan; 93(3):e01823-18
- Applying the 'no-one worse off' criterion to design Pareto efficient HIV responses in Sudan and Togo.
Stuart RM, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Panovska-Griffiths J, Grobicki L, Skordis J, Kerr CC, Kedziora DJ, Martin-Hughes R, Kelly SL, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- "We are not gays... don't tell me those things": engaging 'hidden' men who have sex with men and transgender women in HIV prevention in Myanmar.
Veronese V, Clouse E, Wirtz AL, Thu KH, Naing S, Baral SD, Stoové M, Beyrer C
BMC Public Health. 2019 Jan; 19(1):63
- The evolving facets of bacterial vaginosis: implications for HIV transmission.
McKinnon LR, Achilles S, Bradshaw CS, Burgener A, Crucitti T, Fredricks DN, Jaspan HB, Kaul R, Kaushic C, Klatt N, Kwon DS, Marrazzo JM, Masson L, McClelland S, Ravel J, van de Wijgert JHHM, Vodstrcil LA, Tachedjian G
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2019 Jan; 35(3):219-228
- A Bioelectronic System to Measure the Glycolytic Metabolism of Activated CD4+ T Cells.
Crowe SM, Kintzios S, Kaltsas G, Palmer CS
Biosensors. 2019 Jan; 9(1)
- Fc-dependent functions are redundant to efficacy of anti-HIV antibody PGT121 in macaques.
Parsons MS, Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Amarasena T, Khoury G, Wheatley AK, Reynaldi A, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Davenport MP, Kent SJ
J Clin Invest. 2019 Jan; 129(1):182-191
- Aiming for 90-90-90 - the importance of understanding the risk factors for HIV exposure and advanced HIV infection in migrant populations and other groups who do not report male-to-male sex.
Peach E, Lemoh C, Stoové M, Agius P, El Hayek C, Higgins N, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Relationship between self-efficacy and HIV testing uptake among young men who have sex with men in Myanmar: a cross-sectional analysis.
Pham MD, Aung PP, Agius PA, Pasricha N, Oo SM, Tun W, Bajracharya A, Luchters S
Int J STD AIDS. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print:956462418791945
- Eliminate HIV (11)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (2)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (10)
- Eliminate Malaria (11)
- Maternal and Child Health (61)
- Disease Elimination (74)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (51)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (1)
- Health Security (Expansion Program) (30)
- Adolescent Health (0)
- Healthy Ageing (Expansion Program) (32)
- International Operations (1)
- Latest Research Advances (0)
- HIV and AIDS (17)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (2)
- Maternal and Child Health (13)
- Malaria (13)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (6)
- Hepatitis B (3)
- Hepatitis C (13)
- Injecting Drug Use (7)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (10)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (1)
- Young People's Health (4)
- Justice Health (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)