We are closer than ever to developing an urgently needed hepatitis C vaccine. But in order to get there we need your help.
July, 2019 (3)
- Polymorphisms in CAMKK2 associate with susceptibility to sensory neuropathy in HIV patients treated without stavudine.
Gaff J, Octaviana F, Ariyanto I, Cherry C, Laws SM, Price P
J Neurovirol. 2019 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Boosting of markers of FcgammaR function in anti-HIV antibodies during structured treatment interruption.
Billings H, Wines B, Dyer W, Center R, Trist HM, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2019 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Cost-per-diagnosis as a metric for monitoring cost-effectiveness of HIV testing programmes in low-income settings in southern Africa: health economic and modelling analysis.
Phillips AN, Cambiano V, Nakagawa F, Bansi-Matharu L, Wilson D, Jani I, Apollo T, Sculpher M, Hallett T, Kerr C, van Oosterhout JJ, Eaton JW, Estill J, Williams B, Doi N, Cowan F, Keiser O, Ford D, Hatzold K, Barnabas R, Ayles H, Meyer-Rath G, Nelson L, Johnson C, Baggaley R, Fakoya A, Jahn A, Revill P
J Int AIDS Soc. 2019 Jul; 22(7):e25325
June, 2019 (6)
- The HIV Reservoir in Monocytes and Macrophages.
Wong ME, Jaworowski A, Hearps AC
Front Immunol. 2019 Jun; 10:1435
- How Monocytes Contribute to Increased Risk of Atherosclerosis in Virologically-Suppressed HIV-Positive Individuals Receiving Combination Antiretroviral Therapy.
Jaworowski A, Hearps AC, Angelovich TA, Hoy JF
Front Immunol. 2019 Jun; 10:1378
- Type-specific HPV prevalence, incident cases, persistence and associated pregnancy outcomes among HIV-infected women in Kenya.
Vyankandondera J, Wambua S, Irungu E, Mandaliya K, Temmerman M, Ryan C, Mohamed Y, Vanden Broeck D, Verhelst R, Chersich MF, Luchters S
Sex Transm Dis. 2019 Jun; 46(8):532-539
- HIV-1-based Virus-like Particles that Morphologically Resemble Mature, Infectious HIV-1 Virions.
Gonelli CA, Khoury G, Center RJ, Purcell DFJ
Viruses. 2019 Jun; 11(6):E507
- Applying the 'no-one worse off' criterion to design Pareto efficient HIV responses in Sudan and Togo.
Stuart RM, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Panovska-Griffiths J, Grobicki L, Skordis J, Kerr CC, Kedziora DJ, Martin-Hughes R, Kelly SL, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2019 Jun; 33(7):1247-1252
- Clinical outcomes of a cohort of migrants and citizens living with human immunodeficiency virus in Botswana: implications for Joint United Nation Program on HIV and AIDS 90-90-90 targets.
Marukutira T, Yin D, Cressman L, Kariuki R, Malone B, Spelman T, Mawandia S, Ledikwe JH, Semo BW, Crowe S, Stoove M, Hellard M, Dickinson D
Medicine. 2019 Jun; 98(23):e15994
May, 2019 (4)
- A comparative, retrospective analysis of HIV testing among gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men in Melbourne, Australia.
Ryan KE, Wilkinson AL, Chow E, Read T, Chen M, Locke P, Leitinger D, Bradshaw C, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Fairley CK, Stoové M
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2019 May; Epub ahead of print
- Oxazole-benzenesulfonamide derivatives inhibit HIV-1 reverse transcriptase interaction with cellular eEF1A and reduce viral replication.
Rawle DJ, Li D, Wu Z, Wang L, Choong M, Lor M, Reid RC, Fairlie DP, Harris J, Tachedjian G, Poulsen SA, Harrich D
J Virol. 2019 May; 93(12):e00239-19
- Early success with retention in care among people living with HIV at decentralized ART satellite sites in Yangon, Myanmar, 2015–2016
Htet KM, Soe KT, Myo Minn Oo MM, Hone S, Majumdar SS, Oo HN
Front Pub Health. 2019 May; 7:124
- Hepatitis C risk perceptions and attitudes towards reinfection among HIV-diagnosed gay and bisexual men in Melbourne, Australia.
Schroeder SE, Higgs P, Winter R, Brown G, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Doyle J, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2019 May; 22(5):e25288
April, 2019 (2)
- Effect of seminal plasma on functions of monocytes and granulocytes.
Selva KJ, Juno JA, Worley MJ, Chung AW, Tachedjian G, Kent SJ, Parsons MS
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2019 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Association of HIV Preexposure Prophylaxis With Incidence of Sexually Transmitted Infections Among Individuals at High Risk of HIV Infection.
Traeger MW, Cornelisse VJ, Asselin J, Price B, Roth NJ, Willcox J, Tee BK, Fairley CK, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Vujovic O, Penn M, Cundill P, Forgan-Smith G, Gall J, Pickett C, Lal L, Mak A, Spelman TD, Nguyen L, Murphy DA, Ryan KE, El-Hayek C, West M, Ruth S, Batrouney C, Lockwood JT, Hoy JF, Hellard ME, Stoové MA, Wright EJ; PrEPX Study Team
JAMA. 2019 Apr; 321(14):1380-1390
March, 2019 (3)
- An Observational Case-Control Study to Determine Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Host Factor Influence on Biomarker Distribution and Serodiagnostic Potential in Adult Pulmonary Tuberculosis.
Mohd Hanafiah K, Garcia ML, Anderson DA
Trop Med Infect Dis. 2019 Mar; 4(2):E57
- Obesity and Fat Metabolism in HIV-infected Individuals: Immunopathogenic Mechanisms and Clinical Implications.
Godfrey C, Bremer A, Alba D, Apovian C, Koethe JR, Koliwad S, Lewis D, Lo J, McComsey GA, Eckard A, Srinivasa S, Trevillyan J, Palmer C, Grinspoon S
J Infect Dis. 2019 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- A 30 kDa polyethylene glycol-enfuvirtide complex enhances the exposure of enfuvirtide in lymphatic viral reservoirs in rats.
Kaminskas LM, Williams CC, Leong NJ, Chan LJ, Butcher NJ, Feeney OM, Porter CJH, Tyssen D, Tachedjian G, Ascher DB
Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2019 Mar; 137:218-226
February, 2019 (7)
- Early initiation of antiretroviral therapy for people newly diagnosed with HIV infection in Australia: trends and predictors, 2004-2015.
McManus H, Callander D, Donovan B, Russell DB, O'Connor CC, Davies SC, Lewis DA, Hellard ME, Chen MY, Petoumenos K, Varma R, Cogle A, Boyd MA, Grulich A, Pollard J, Medland N, Fairley CK, Guy RJ
Med J Aust. 2019 Feb; 210(6):269-275
- HIV diagnoses in migrant populations in Australia-A changing epidemiology.
Gunaratnam P, Heywood AE, McGregor S, Jamil MS, McManus H, Mao L, Lobo R, Brown G, Hellard M, Marukutira T, Bretaña NA, Lang C, Medland N, Bavinton B, Grulich A, Guy R
PLoS One. 2019 Feb; 14(2):e0212268
- Qualitative assessment of South African healthcare worker perspectives on an instrument-free rapid CD4 test.
Scorgie F, Mohamed Y, Anderson D, Crowe SM, Luchters S, Chersich MF
BMC Health Serv Res. 2019 Feb; 19(1):123
- Estimating the syphilis epidemic among gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men in Australia following changes in HIV care and prevention.
Wilkinson A, Scott N, Tidhar T, Luong P, El-Hayek C , Wilson D, Fairley C, Zhang L, Leslie D , Roth N , Tee BK , Hellard M , Stoové M
Sex Health. 2019 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- HIV latency can be established in proliferating and nonproliferating resting CD4+ T cells in vitro: implications for latency reversal.
Moso MA, Anderson JL, Adikari S, Gray LR, Khoury G, Chang JJ, Jacobson JC, Ellett AM, Cheng WJ, Saleh S, Zaunders JJ, Purcell DFJ, Cameron PU, Churchill MJ, Lewin SR, Lu HK
AIDS. 2019 Feb; 33(2):199-209
- Integrative biomarkers of biologic aging in HIV.
Rajasuriar R, Palmer C, Abdel-Mohsen M, Kamaruzzaman SB
AIDS. 2019 Feb; 33(2):345-347
- Understanding HIV and hepatitis C virus risk among incarcerated young men with histories of injecting drug use.
Walker S, Stoové M, Wilson M, Higgs P.
Lancet Infect Dis. 2019 Feb; 19(2):130-131
January, 2019 (8)
- Performance of a novel low-cost, instrument-free plasma separation device for HIV viral load quantification and determination of treatment failure in people living with HIV in Malaysia: a diagnostic accuracy study.
Pham MD, Haile BA, Azwa I, Kamarulzaman A, Raman N, Saeidi A, Bador MK, Tan M, Zhu J, Yi F, Elliott JH, Garcia ML, Li F, Crowe SM, Luchters S, Anderson DA
J Clin Microbiol. 2019 Jan; 57(4):e01683-18
- The impact and cost-effectiveness of combined HIV prevention scenarios among transgender women sex-workers in Lima, Peru: a mathematical modelling study.
Bórquez A, Guanira JV, Revill P, Caballero P, Silva-Santisteban A, Kelly S, Salazar X, Bracamonte P, Minaya P, Hallett TB, Cáceres CF
Lancet Public Health. 2019 Jan; 4(3):e127-e136
- Two families of Env antibodies efficiently engage Fc-gamma receptors and eliminate HIV-1-infected cells.
Anand SP, Prévost J, Baril S, Richard J, Medjahed H, Chapleau JP, Tolbert WD, Kirk S, Smith AB 3rd, Wines BD, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Pazgier M, Finzi A.
J Virol. 2019 Jan; 93(3):e01823-18
- "We are not gays... don't tell me those things": engaging 'hidden' men who have sex with men and transgender women in HIV prevention in Myanmar.
Veronese V, Clouse E, Wirtz AL, Thu KH, Naing S, Baral SD, Stoové M, Beyrer C
BMC Public Health. 2019 Jan; 19(1):63
- The evolving facets of bacterial vaginosis: implications for HIV transmission.
McKinnon LR, Achilles S, Bradshaw CS, Burgener A, Crucitti T, Fredricks DN, Jaspan HB, Kaul R, Kaushic C, Klatt N, Kwon DS, Marrazzo JM, Masson L, McClelland S, Ravel J, van de Wijgert JHHM, Vodstrcil LA, Tachedjian G
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2019 Jan; 35(3):219-228
- A Bioelectronic System to Measure the Glycolytic Metabolism of Activated CD4+ T Cells.
Crowe SM, Kintzios S, Kaltsas G, Palmer CS
Biosensors. 2019 Jan; 9(1):e10
- Fc-dependent functions are redundant to efficacy of anti-HIV antibody PGT121 in macaques.
Parsons MS, Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Amarasena T, Khoury G, Wheatley AK, Reynaldi A, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Davenport MP, Kent SJ
J Clin Invest. 2019 Jan; 129(1):182-191
- Relationship between self-efficacy and HIV testing uptake among young men who have sex with men in Myanmar: a cross-sectional analysis.
Pham MD, Aung PP, Agius PA, Pasricha N, Oo SM, Tun W, Bajracharya A, Luchters S
Int J STD AIDS. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print:956462418791945
- Eliminate HIV (26)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (5)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (26)
- Eliminate Malaria (23)
- Maternal and Child Health (118)
- Disease Elimination (142)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (90)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Health Security (Expansion Program) (51)
- Adolescent Health (4)
- Healthy Ageing (Expansion Program) (54)
- International Operations (6)
- Latest Research Advances (0)
- HIV and AIDS (33)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (4)
- Maternal and Child Health (30)
- Malaria (25)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (9)
- Hepatitis B (9)
- Hepatitis C (25)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (14)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (15)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (6)
- Young People's Health (12)
- Justice Health (3)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (6)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (3)
- Global Adolescent Health (1)