Sponsor Professor Robert Power on his 65th birthday marathon, and support Burnet’s life-saving international programs. Donate today.
March, 2019 (2)
- Genomic characterization of hepatitis C virus transmitted founder variants with deep sequencing.
Abayasingam A, Leung P, Eltahla A, Bull RA, Luciani F, Grebely J, Dore GJ, Applegate T, Page K, Bruneau J, Cox AL, Kim AY, Schinkel J, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Hellard M, Prins M, Lloyd A, Rodrigo C
Infect Genet Evol. 2019 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Screening for depressive and anxiety disorders among adolescents in Indonesia: Formal validation of the centre for epidemiologic studies depression scale - revised and the Kessler psychological distress scale.
Tran TD, Kaligis F, Wiguna T, Willenberg L, Nguyen HTM, Luchters S, Azzopardi P, Fisher J
J Affect Disord. 2019 Mar; 246:189-194
February, 2019 (9)
- Sex discrepancies in the protective effect of opioid agonist therapy on incident hepatitis C infection.
Geddes L, Iversen J, Wand H, Esmaeili A, Tsui J, Hellard M, Dore G, Grebely J, Dietze P, Bruneau J, Prins M, Morris MD, Shoukry NH, Lloyd AR, Kim AY, Lauer G, Cox AL, Page K, Maher L; InC3 Collaborative.
Clin Infect Dis. 2019 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Induction and decay of functional complement-fixing antibodies by the RTS,S malaria vaccine in children, and a negative impact of malaria exposure.
Liriye Kurtovic, Paul A Agius, Gaoqian Feng, Damien R Drew, Itziar Ubillos, Jahit Sacarlal, John J Aponte, Freya J I Fowkes, Carlota Dobano, James G Beeson
BMC Med. 2019 Feb; 17(1):45
- Community-based, point-of-care hepatitis C testing: perspectives and preferences of people who inject drugs.
Latham NH, Pedrana A, Doyle JS, Howell J, Williams B, Higgs P, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2019 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Early initiation of antiretroviral therapy for people newly diagnosed with HIV infection in Australia: trends and predictors, 2004-2015.
McManus H, Callander D, Donovan B, Russell DB, O'Connor CC, Davies SC, Lewis DA, Hellard ME, Chen MY, Petoumenos K, Varma R, Cogle A, Boyd MA, Grulich A, Pollard J, Medland N, Fairley CK, Guy RJ
Med J Aust. 2019 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- HIV diagnoses in migrant populations in Australia-A changing epidemiology.
Gunaratnam P, Heywood AE, McGregor S, Jamil MS, McManus H, Mao L, Lobo R, Brown G, Hellard M, Marukutira T, Bretaña NA, Lang C, Medland N, Bavinton B, Grulich A, Guy R
PLoS One. 2019 Feb; 14(2):e0212268
- Activated platelets in the tumor microenvironment for targeting of antibody-drug conjugates to tumors and metastases.
Yap ML, McFadyen JD, Wang X, Ziegler M, Chen YC, Willcox A, Nowell CJ, Scott AM, Sloan EK, Hogarth PM, Pietersz GA, Peter K
Theranostics. 2019 Feb; 9(4):1154-1169
- Integrative biomarkers of biologic aging in HIV.
Rajasuriar R, Palmer C, Abdel-Mohsen M, Kamaruzzaman SB
AIDS. 2019 Feb; 33(2):345-347
- Accelerating the elimination of viral hepatitis: a Lancet Gastroenterology & Hepatology Commission.
Cooke GS, Andrieux-Meyer I, Applegate TL, Atun R, Burry JR, Cheinquer H, Dusheiko G, Feld JJ, Gore C, Griswold MG, Hamid S, Hellard ME, Hou J, Howell J, Jia J, Kravchenko N, Lazarus JV, Lemoine M, Lesi OA, Maistat L, McMahon BJ, Razavi H, Roberts TR, Simmons B, Sonderup MW, Spearman CW, Taylor BE, Thomas DL, Waked I, Ward JW, Wiktor SZ; Lancet Gastroenterology & Hepatology Commissioners.
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019 Feb; 4(2):135-184
- A latent class approach to identify multi-risk profiles associated with phylogenetic clustering of recent hepatitis C virus infection in Australia and New Zealand from 2004 to 2015.
Bartlett SR, Applegate TL, Jacka BP, Martinello M, Lamoury FM, Danta M, Bradshaw D, Shaw D, Lloyd AR, Hellard M, Dore GJ, Matthews GV, Grebely J
J Int AIDS Soc. 2019 Feb; 22(2):e25222
January, 2019 (21)
- Performance of a novel low-cost, instrument-free plasma separation device for HIV viral load quantification and determination of treatment failure in people living with HIV in Malaysia: a diagnostic accuracy study.
Pham MD, Haile BA, Azwa I, Kamarulzaman A, Raman N, Saeidi A, Bador MK, Tan M, Zhu J, Yi F, Elliott JH, Garcia ML, Li F, Crowe SM, Luchters S, Anderson DA
J Clin Microbiol. 2019 Jan
- Two families of Env antibodies efficiently engage Fc-gamma receptors and eliminate HIV-1-infected cells.
Anand SP, Prévost J, Baril S, Richard J, Medjahed H, Chapleau JP, Tolbert WD, Kirk S, Smith AB 3rd, Wines BD, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Pazgier M, Finzi A.
J Virol. 2019 Jan; 93(3):e01823-18
- Applying the 'no-one worse off' criterion to design Pareto efficient HIV responses in Sudan and Togo.
Stuart RM, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Panovska-Griffiths J, Grobicki L, Skordis J, Kerr CC, Kedziora DJ, Martin-Hughes R, Kelly SL, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C in prisoners using a nurse-led, state-wide model of care.
Papaluca T, McDonald L, Craigie A, Gibson A, Desmond P, Wong D, Winter R, Scott N, Howell J, Doyle J, Pedrana A, Lloyd A, Stoové M, Hellard M, Iser D, Thompson A
J Hepatol. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- A Bioelectronic System to Measure the Glycolytic Metabolism of Activated CD4+ T Cells.
Crowe SM, Kintzios S, Kaltsas G, Palmer CS
Biosensors. 2019 Jan; 9(1)
- Fc-dependent functions are redundant to efficacy of anti-HIV antibody PGT121 in macaques.
Parsons MS, Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Amarasena T, Khoury G, Wheatley AK, Reynaldi A, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Davenport MP, Kent SJ
J Clin Invest. 2019 Jan; 129(1):182-191
- The cell surface phenotype of human dendritic cells.
Clark GJ, Silveira PA, Hogarth PM, Hart DNJ
Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2019 Jan; 86(S1):3-14
- Relationship between self-efficacy and HIV testing uptake among young men who have sex with men in Myanmar: a cross-sectional analysis.
Pham MD, Aung PP, Agius PA, Pasricha N, Oo SM, Tun W, Bajracharya A, Luchters S
Int J STD AIDS. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print:956462418791945
- Hepatitis C elimination among people who inject drugs: Challenges and recommendations for action within a health systems framework.
Day E, Hellard M, Treloar C, Bruneau J, Martin NK, Øvrehus A, Dalgard O, Lloyd A, Dillon J, Hickman M, Byrne J, Litwin A, Maticic M, Bruggmann P, Midgard H, Norton B, Trooskin S, Lazarus JV, Grebely J; International Network on Hepatitis in Substance Users (INHSU).
Liver Int. 2019 Jan; 39(1):20-30
- Aiming for the elimination of viral hepatitis in Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and Territories: where are we now and barriers to meeting WHO targets by 2030.
Howell J, Pedrana A, Cowie BC, Doyle J, Getehun A, Ward J, Gane E, Cunningham C, Wallace J, Lee A, Malani J, Thompson A, Hellard ME
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019 Jan; 34(1):40-48
- Molecular Dissection of an Inhibitor Targeting the HIV Integrase Dependent Pre-Integration Complex Nuclear Import.
Wagstaff KM, Headey S, Telwatte S, Tyssen D, Hearps AC, Thomas DR, Tachedjian G, Jans DA
Cell Microbiol. 2019 Jan; 21(1):e12953
- Cost-effectiveness of 3 months of weekly rifapentine and isoniazid compared with other standard treatment regimens for latent tuberculosis infection: a decision analysis study.
Doan TN, Fox GJ, Meehan MT, Scott N, Ragonnet R, Viney K, Trauer JM, McBryde ES
J Antimicrob Chemother. 2019 Jan; 74(1):218-227
- Improving hepatitis C direct-acting antiviral access and uptake: a role for patient-reported outcomes and lived-experience.
Goutzamanis S, Doyle J, Higgs P, Hellard M
J Viral Hepat. 2019 Jan; 26(2):218-223
- Aiming for 90-90-90 - the importance of understanding the risk factors for HIV exposure and advanced HIV infection in migrant populations and other groups who do not report male-to-male sex.
Peach E, Lemoh C, Stoové M, Agius P, El Hayek C, Higgins N, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Gonorrhoea gone wild: rising incidence of gonorrhoea and associated risk factors among gay and bisexual men attending Australian sexual health clinics.
Callander D, Guy R, Fairley CK, McManus H, Prestage G, Chow EPF, Chen M, Connor CCO, Grulich AE, Bourne C, Hellard M, Stoové M, Donovan B
Sex Health. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The field performance and diagnostic accuracy of a low-cost instrument-free point-of-care CD4 test (VISITECT(R) CD4) performed by different health worker cadres among pregnant women.
Luchters S, Technau K, Mohamed Y, Chersich MF, Agius PA, Pham MD, Garcia ML, Forbes J, Shepherd A, Coovadia A, Crowe SM, Anderson DA
J Clin Microbiol. 2019 Jan; 57(2):e01277-18
- Prevalence and determinants of unprotected sex in intimate partnerships of men who inject drugs: findings from a prospective intervention study.
Sharma V, Tun W, Sarna A, Saraswati LR, Pham MD, Thior I, Luchters S
Int J STD AIDS. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print:956462418802142
- "I'm obviously not dying so it's not something I need to sort out today": Considering hepatitis C treatment in the era of direct acting antivirals.
Wright C, Cogger S, Hsieh K, Goutzamanis S, Hellard M, Higgs P
Infect Dis Health. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Injecting drug use is an independent risk factor for reincarceration after release from prison: A prospective cohort study.
Winter RJ, Stoové M, Agius PA, Hellard ME, Kinner SA
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Genomic variability of within-host hepatitis C variants in acute infection.
Rodrigo C, Leung P, Lloyd AR, Bull RA, Luciani F, Grebely J, Dore GJ, Applegate T, Page K, Bruneau J, Cox AL, Osburn W, Kim AY, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Schinkel J, Prins M, Hellard M, Eltahla AA; InC3 Collaborative
J Viral Hepat. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The global campaign to eliminate HBV and HCV infection: International Viral Hepatitis Elimination Meeting and core indicators for development towards the 2030 elimination goals.
Popping S, Bade D, Boucher C, van der Valk M, El-Sayed M, Sigurour O, Sypsa V, Morgan T, Gamkrelidze A, Mukabatsinda C, Deuffic-Burban S, Ninburg M, Feld J, Hellard M, Ward J
J Virus Erad. 2019 Jan; 5(1):60-66
- Eliminate HIV (11)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (2)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (10)
- Eliminate Malaria (11)
- Maternal and Child Health (61)
- Disease Elimination (74)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (51)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (1)
- Health Security (Expansion Program) (30)
- Adolescent Health (0)
- Healthy Ageing (Expansion Program) (32)
- International Operations (1)
- Latest Research Advances (0)
- HIV and AIDS (17)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (2)
- Maternal and Child Health (13)
- Malaria (13)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (6)
- Hepatitis B (3)
- Hepatitis C (13)
- Injecting Drug Use (7)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (10)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (1)
- Young People's Health (4)
- Justice Health (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)