Sponsor Professor Robert Power on his 65th birthday marathon, and support Burnet’s life-saving international programs. Donate today.
April, 2019 (1)
- Reducing the global burden of disease in childhood - Authors' reply.
Vogel JP, Chawanpaiboon S, Gülmezoglu AM
Lancet Glob Health. 2019 Apr; 7(4):e416
March, 2019 (9)
- Barriers to cervical cancer screening among rural women in eastern China: a qualitative study.
Yang H, Li SP, Chen Q, Morgan C
BMJ Open. 2019 Mar; 9(3):e026413
- Progress in adolescent health and wellbeing: tracking 12 headline indicators for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2016.
Azzopardi PS, Hearps SJC, Francis KL, Kennedy EC, Mokdad AH, Kassebaum NJ, Lim S, Irvine CMS, Vos T, Brown AD, Dogra S, Kinner SA, Kaoma NS, Naguib M, Reavley NJ, Requejo J, Santelli JS, Sawyer SM, Skirbekk V, Temmerman M, Tewhaiti-Smith J, Ward JL, Viner RM, Patton GC
Lancet. 2019 Mar; 393(10176):1101-1118
- Genomic characterization of hepatitis C virus transmitted founder variants with deep sequencing.
Abayasingam A, Leung P, Eltahla A, Bull RA, Luciani F, Grebely J, Dore GJ, Applegate T, Page K, Bruneau J, Cox AL, Kim AY, Schinkel J, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Hellard M, Prins M, Lloyd A, Rodrigo C
Infect Genet Evol. 2019 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- A 30 kDa polyethylene glycol-enfuvirtide complex enhances the exposure of enfuvirtide in lymphatic viral reservoirs in rats.
Kaminskas LM, Williams CC, Leong NJ, Chan LJ, Butcher NJ, Feeney OM, Porter CJH, Tyssen D, Tachedjian G, Ascher DB
Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2019 Mar; 137:218-226
- Combined oral contraceptive pill-exposure alone does not reduce the risk of bacterial vaginosis recurrence in a pilot randomised controlled trial.
Vodstrcil LA, Plummer ME, Fairley CK, Tachedjian G, Law MG, Hocking JS, Worthington MK, Grant MM, Okoko N, Bradshaw CS
Sci Rep. 2019 Mar; 9(1):3555
- The association between experiencing discrimination and physical and mental health among PWID.
Couto E Cruz C, Salom CL, Dietze P, Burns L, Alati R
Int J Drug Policy. 2019 Mar; 65:24-30
- Screening for depressive and anxiety disorders among adolescents in Indonesia: Formal validation of the centre for epidemiologic studies depression scale - revised and the Kessler psychological distress scale.
Tran TD, Kaligis F, Wiguna T, Willenberg L, Nguyen HTM, Luchters S, Azzopardi P, Fisher J
J Affect Disord. 2019 Mar; 246:189-194
- What can Australia learn from the North American opioid crisis? The role of opioid regulation and other evidence-based responses.
Suzanne Nielsen, Paul M Dietze
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2019 Mar; 38(3):223-225
- The N-terminus of EXP2 forms the membrane-associated pore of the protein exporting translocon PTEX in Plasmodium falciparum.
Sanders PR, Dickerman BK, Charnaud SC, Ramsland PA, Crabb BS, Gilson PR
J Biochem. 2019 Mar; 165(3):239-248
February, 2019 (29)
- Sex discrepancies in the protective effect of opioid agonist therapy on incident hepatitis C infection.
Geddes L, Iversen J, Wand H, Esmaeili A, Tsui J, Hellard M, Dore G, Grebely J, Dietze P, Bruneau J, Prins M, Morris MD, Shoukry NH, Lloyd AR, Kim AY, Lauer G, Cox AL, Page K, Maher L; InC3 Collaborative.
Clin Infect Dis. 2019 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- The salt between the beans: a qualitative study of the role of auxiliary midwives in a hard-to-reach area of Myanmar.
Than KK, Luchters S, Tin KN, La T, Beeson J, Morgan A
BMC Health Serv Res. 2019 Feb; 19(1):138
- Evaluation of 4-amino 2-anilinoquinazolines against Plasmodium and other apicomplexan parasites in vitro and in a P. falciparum humanized NOD-scid IL2Rgamma(null) mouse model of malaria.
Gilson PR, Nguyen W, Poole WA, Teixeira JE, Thompson JK, Guo K, Stewart RJ, Ashton TD, White KL, Sanz LM, Gamo FJ, Charman SA, Wittlin S, Duffy J, Tonkin CJ, Tham WH, Crabb BS, Cooke BM, Huston CD, Cowman AF, Sleebs BE
Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2019 Feb; 63(3):e01804-18
- Induction and decay of functional complement-fixing antibodies by the RTS,S malaria vaccine in children, and a negative impact of malaria exposure.
Liriye Kurtovic, Paul A Agius, Gaoqian Feng, Damien R Drew, Itziar Ubillos, Jahit Sacarlal, John J Aponte, Freya J I Fowkes, Carlota Dobano, James G Beeson
BMC Med. 2019 Feb; 17(1):45
- Community-based, point-of-care hepatitis C testing: perspectives and preferences of people who inject drugs.
Latham NH, Pedrana A, Doyle JS, Howell J, Williams B, Higgs P, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2019 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine plus azithromycin may improve birth outcomes through impacts on inflammation and placental angiogenesis independent of malarial infection.
Unger HW, Hansa AP, Buffet C, Hasang W, Teo A, Randall L, Ome-Kaius M, Karl S, Anuan AA, Beeson JG, Mueller I, Stock SJ, Rogerson SJ`
Sci Rep. 2019 Feb; 9(1):2260
- Early initiation of antiretroviral therapy for people newly diagnosed with HIV infection in Australia: trends and predictors, 2004-2015.
McManus H, Callander D, Donovan B, Russell DB, O'Connor CC, Davies SC, Lewis DA, Hellard ME, Chen MY, Petoumenos K, Varma R, Cogle A, Boyd MA, Grulich A, Pollard J, Medland N, Fairley CK, Guy RJ
Med J Aust. 2019 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Cross-sectional associations between Ideal Cardiovascular Health scores and vascular phenotypes in 11- to 12-year-olds and their parents: The Longitudinal Study of Australian Children.
Liu RS, Wake M, Grobler A, Cheung M, Lycett K, Ranganathan S, Edwards B, Dwyer T, Azzopardi P, Juonala M, Burgner DP
Int J Cardiol. 2019 Feb; 277:258-265
- HIV diagnoses in migrant populations in Australia-A changing epidemiology.
Gunaratnam P, Heywood AE, McGregor S, Jamil MS, McManus H, Mao L, Lobo R, Brown G, Hellard M, Marukutira T, Bretaña NA, Lang C, Medland N, Bavinton B, Grulich A, Guy R
PLoS One. 2019 Feb; 14(2):e0212268
- Qualitative assessment of South African healthcare worker perspectives on an instrument-free rapid CD4 test.
Scorgie F, Mohamed Y, Anderson D, Crowe SM, Luchters S, Chersich MF
BMC Health Serv Res. 2019 Feb; 19(1):123
- Hepatitis B virus-like particles expressing Plasmodium falciparum epitopes induce complement-fixing antibodies against the circumsporozoite protein.
Kingston NJ, Kurtovic L, Walsh R, Joe C, Lovrecz G, Locarnini S, Beeson JG, Netter HJ
Vaccine. 2019 Feb
- Estimating the number of people who inject drugs and syringe coverage in Australia, 2005-2016.
Kwon JA, Iversen J, Law M, Dolan K, Wand H, Maher L
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2019 Feb; 197:108-114
- Targeting malaria parasite invasion of red blood cells as an antimalarial strategy.
Burns AL, Dans MG, Balbin JM, deKoning-Ward T, Gilson PR, Beeson JG, Boyle MJ, Wilson DW
FEMS Microbiol Rev. 2019 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Activated platelets in the tumor microenvironment for targeting of antibody-drug conjugates to tumors and metastases.
Yap ML, McFadyen JD, Wang X, Ziegler M, Chen YC, Willcox A, Nowell CJ, Scott AM, Sloan EK, Hogarth PM, Pietersz GA, Peter K
Theranostics. 2019 Feb; 9(4):1154-1169
- Targets of complement-fixing antibodies in protective immunity against malaria in children.
Reiling L, Boyle MJ, White MT, Wilson DW, Feng G, Weaver R, Opi DH, Persson KEM, Richards JS, Siba PM, Fowkes FJI, Takashima E, Tsuboi T, Mueller I, Beeson JG
Nat Commun. 2019 Feb; 10(1):610
- Women's knowledge of maternal danger signs during pregnancy: Findings from a cross-sectional survey in Papua New Guinea.
Vallely LM, Emori R, Gouda H, Phuanukoonnon S, Homer C, Vallely AJ
Midwifery. 2019 Feb; 72:7-13
- HIV latency can be established in proliferating and nonproliferating resting CD4+ T cells in vitro: implications for latency reversal.
Moso MA, Anderson JL, Adikari S, Gray LR, Khoury G, Chang JJ, Jacobson JC, Ellett AM, Cheng WJ, Saleh S, Zaunders JJ, Purcell DFJ, Cameron PU, Churchill MJ, Lewin SR, Lu HK
AIDS. 2019 Feb; 33(2):199-209
- Integrative biomarkers of biologic aging in HIV.
Rajasuriar R, Palmer C, Abdel-Mohsen M, Kamaruzzaman SB
AIDS. 2019 Feb; 33(2):345-347
- Accelerating the elimination of viral hepatitis: a Lancet Gastroenterology & Hepatology Commission.
Cooke GS, Andrieux-Meyer I, Applegate TL, Atun R, Burry JR, Cheinquer H, Dusheiko G, Feld JJ, Gore C, Griswold MG, Hamid S, Hellard ME, Hou J, Howell J, Jia J, Kravchenko N, Lazarus JV, Lemoine M, Lesi OA, Maistat L, McMahon BJ, Razavi H, Roberts TR, Simmons B, Sonderup MW, Spearman CW, Taylor BE, Thomas DL, Waked I, Ward JW, Wiktor SZ; Lancet Gastroenterology & Hepatology Commissioners.
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019 Feb; 4(2):135-184
- Take-home naloxone and the politics of care.
Farrugia A, Fraser S, Dwyer R, Fomiatti R, Neale J, Dietze P, Strang J
Sociol Health Illn. 2019 Feb; 41(2):427-443
- Pregabalin misuse-related ambulance attendances in Victoria, 2012-2017: characteristics of patients and attendances.
Crossin R, Scott D, Arunogiri S, Smith K, Dietze PM, Lubman DI
Med J Aust. 2019 Feb; 210(2):75-79
- Understanding HIV and hepatitis C virus risk among incarcerated young men with histories of injecting drug use.
Walker S, Stoové M, Wilson M, Higgs P.
Lancet Infect Dis. 2019 Feb; 19(2):130-131
- A latent class approach to identify multi-risk profiles associated with phylogenetic clustering of recent hepatitis C virus infection in Australia and New Zealand from 2004 to 2015.
Bartlett SR, Applegate TL, Jacka BP, Martinello M, Lamoury FM, Danta M, Bradshaw D, Shaw D, Lloyd AR, Hellard M, Dore GJ, Matthews GV, Grebely J
J Int AIDS Soc. 2019 Feb; 22(2):e25222
- Presence of doctors and obstetrician/gynecologists for patients with maternal complications in hospitals in six provinces of Indonesia.
Pedrana A, Tholandi M, Qomariyah SN, Sethi R, Hyre A, Amelia D, Suhowatsky S, Ahmed S
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Feb; 144 Suppl 1:42-50
- Assessing the effect of the Expanding Maternal and Neonatal Survival program on improving stabilization and referral for maternal and newborn complications in Indonesia.
Pedrana A, Qomariyah SN, Tholandi M, Wijayanto B, Gandawidjaja T, Amelia D, Apriatni M, Sudirman S, Zazri A, Sethi R, Emerson M, Ahmed S
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Feb; 144 Suppl 1:30-41
- The effect of Expanding Maternal and Neonatal Survival interventions on improving the coverage of labor monitoring and complication prevention practices in hospitals in Indonesia: A difference-in-difference analysis.
Tholandi M, Sethi R, Pedrana A, Qomariyah SN, Amelia D, Kaslam P, Sudirman S, Apriatni MS, Rahmanto A, Emerson M, Ahmed S
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Feb; 144 Suppl 1:21-29
- Changes in obstetric case fatality and early newborn mortality rates in hospitals after the implementation of the Expanding Maternal and Neonatal Survival program in Indonesia: Results from a health information system.
Ahmed S, Tholandi M, Pedrana A, Zazri A, Parmawaty N, Rahmanto A, Sethi R
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Feb; 144 Suppl 1:13-20
- Assessment of knowledge of evidence-based maternal and newborn care practices among midwives and nurses in six provinces in Indonesia.
Reena Sethi, Maya Tholandi, Dwirani Amelia, Alisa Pedrana, Saifuddin Ahmed
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Feb; 144 Suppl 1:51-58
- Implementation of midwifery continuity of care models for Indigenous women in Australia: Perspectives and reflections for the United Kingdom.
Fernandez Turienzo C, Roe Y, Rayment-Jones H, Kennedy A, Forster D, Homer C, McLachlan H, Sandall J
Midwifery. 2019 Feb; 69:110-112
January, 2019 (52)
- Different Life Cycle Stages of Plasmodium falciparum Induce Contrasting Responses in Dendritic Cells.
Yap XZ, Lundie RJ, Feng GQ, Pooley J, Beeson JG, O'Keeffe M
Front Immunol. 2019 Jan; 10:32
- Performance of a novel low-cost, instrument-free plasma separation device for HIV viral load quantification and determination of treatment failure in people living with HIV in Malaysia: a diagnostic accuracy study.
Pham MD, Haile BA, Azwa I, Kamarulzaman A, Raman N, Saeidi A, Bador MK, Tan M, Zhu J, Yi F, Elliott JH, Garcia ML, Li F, Crowe SM, Luchters S, Anderson DA
J Clin Microbiol. 2019 Jan
- Research prioritization of interventions for the primary prevention of preterm birth: An international survey.
Allotey J, Matei A, Husain S, Newton S, Dodds J, Armson AB, Khan KS, Vogel JP
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Primary and secondary prevention of preterm birth: a review of systematic reviews and ongoing randomized controlled trials.
Matei A, Saccone G, Vogel JP, Armson AB
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Unintended consequences of a cautious approach to e-cigarette laws.
Catalano C, Cranswick NE, Robinson J, Grindlay J, Creati M, Danchin MH, Williams N, Gwee A
Med J Aust. 2019 Jan; 210(3):143
- Proteomic analysis of Plasmodium falciparum histone deacetylase 1 complex proteins.
Engel JA, Norris EL, Gilson P, Przyborski J, Shonhai A, Blatch GL, Skinner-Adams TS, Gorman J, Headlam M, Andrews KT
Exp Parasitol. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The impact and cost-effectiveness of combined HIV prevention scenarios among transgender women sex-workers in Lima, Peru: a mathematical modelling study.
Annick Borquez, Juan Vicente Guanira, Paul Revill, Patricia Caballero, Alfonso Silva-Santisteban, Sherrie Kelly, Ximena Salazar, Patricia Bracamonte, Percy Minaya, Timothy B Hallett, Carlos F Caceres
Lancet Public Health. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Harnessing synergies at the interface of public health and the security sector.
Thomson N, Littlejohn M, Strathdee SA, Southby RF, Coghlan B, Rosenfeld JV, Galvani AP
Lancet. 2019 Jan; 393(10168):207-209
- The impact of early life exposure to Plasmodium falciparum on the development of naturally acquired immunity to malaria in young Malawian children.
Barua P, Beeson JG, Maleta K, Ashorn P, Rogerson SJ
Malar J. 2019 Jan; 18(1):11
- Two families of Env antibodies efficiently engage Fc-gamma receptors and eliminate HIV-1-infected cells.
Anand SP, Prévost J, Baril S, Richard J, Medjahed H, Chapleau JP, Tolbert WD, Kirk S, Smith AB 3rd, Wines BD, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Pazgier M, Finzi A.
J Virol. 2019 Jan; 93(3):e01823-18
- Applying the 'no-one worse off' criterion to design Pareto efficient HIV responses in Sudan and Togo.
Stuart RM, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Panovska-Griffiths J, Grobicki L, Skordis J, Kerr CC, Kedziora DJ, Martin-Hughes R, Kelly SL, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Antibody Responses to Antigenic Targets of Recent Exposure Are Associated With Low-Density Parasitemia in Controlled Human Plasmodium falciparum Infections.
van den Hoogen LL, Walk J, Oulton T, Reuling IJ, Reiling L, Beeson JG, Coppel RL, Singh SK, Draper SJ, Bousema T, Drakeley C, Sauerwein R, Tetteh KKA
Front Microbiol. 2019 Jan; 9:3300
- The evolving facets of bacterial vaginosis: implications for HIV transmission.
McKinnon LR, Achilles S, Bradshaw CS, Burgener A, Crucitti T, Fredricks DN, Jaspan HB, Kaul R, Kaushic C, Klatt N, Kwon DS, Marrazzo JM, Masson L, McClelland S, Ravel J, van de Wijgert JHHM, Vodstrcil LA, Tachedjian G
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2019 Jan; 35(3):219-228
- "We are not gays... don't tell me those things": engaging 'hidden' men who have sex with men and transgender women in HIV prevention in Myanmar.
Veronese V, Clouse E, Wirtz AL, Thu KH, Naing S, Baral SD, Stoové M, Beyrer C
BMC Public Health. 2019 Jan; 19(1):63
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C in prisoners using a nurse-led, state-wide model of care.
Papaluca T, McDonald L, Craigie A, Gibson A, Desmond P, Wong D, Winter R, Scott N, Howell J, Doyle J, Pedrana A, Lloyd A, Stoové M, Hellard M, Iser D, Thompson A
J Hepatol. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Low Levels of Human Antibodies to Gametocyte-Infected Erythrocytes Contrasts the PfEMP1-Dominant Response to Asexual Stages in P. falciparum Malaria.
Chan JA, Drew DR, Reiling L, Lisboa-Pinto A, Dinko B, Sutherland CJ, Dent AE, Chelimo K, Kazura JW, Boyle MJ, Beeson JG
Front Immunol. 2019 Jan; 9:3126
- Barriers and opportunities in the translation of mobile phone and social media interventions between research and health promotion practice in Australia: a qualitative study of expert perspectives.
Wright CJC, Schwarzman J, Dietze PM, Crockett B, Lim MSC
Health Res Policy Syst. 2019 Jan; 17(1):5
- Challenges and strategies for developing efficacious and long-lasting malaria vaccines.
Beeson JG, Kurtovic L, Dobaño C, Opi DH, Chan JA, Feng G, Good MF, Reiling L, Boyle MJ
Sci Transl Med. 2019 Jan; 11(474)
- A Bioelectronic System to Measure the Glycolytic Metabolism of Activated CD4+ T Cells.
Crowe SM, Kintzios S, Kaltsas G, Palmer CS
Biosensors. 2019 Jan; 9(1)
- Host and Viral Proteins Modulating Ebola and Marburg Virus Egress.
Gordon TB, Hayward JA, Marsh GA, Baker ML, Tachedjian G
Viruses. 2019 Jan; 11(1)
- Fc-dependent functions are redundant to efficacy of anti-HIV antibody PGT121 in macaques.
Parsons MS, Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Amarasena T, Khoury G, Wheatley AK, Reynaldi A, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Davenport MP, Kent SJ
J Clin Invest. 2019 Jan; 129(1):182-191
- Global, regional, and national burden of traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
GBD 2016 Traumatic Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury Collaborators (including Azzopardi PS)
Lancer Neurol. 2019 Jan; 18(1):56-87
- #Drugsforsale: An exploration of the use of social media and encrypted messaging apps to supply and access drugs.
Moyle L, Childs A, Coomber R, Barratt MJ
Int J Drug Policy. 2019 Jan; 63:101-110
- Prevalence and determinants of unprotected sex in intimate partnerships of men who inject drugs: findings from a prospective intervention study.
Sharma V, Tun W, Sarna A, Saraswati LR, Pham MD, Thior I, Luchters S
Int J STD AIDS. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print:956462418802142
- "I'm obviously not dying so it's not something I need to sort out today": Considering hepatitis C treatment in the era of direct acting antivirals.
Wright C, Cogger S, Hsieh K, Goutzamanis S, Hellard M, Higgs P
Infect Dis Health. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The future in their hands: Graduating student midwives' plans, job satisfaction and the desire to work in midwifery continuity of care.
Evans J, Taylor J, Browne J, Ferguson S, Atchan M, Maher P, Homer CS, Davis D
Women Birth. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Beyond the headlines: Fetal movement awareness is an important stillbirth prevention strategy.
Flenady V, Ellwood D, Bradford B, Coory M, Middleton P, Gardener G, Radestad I, Homer C, Davies-Tuck M, Forster D, Gordon A, Groom K, Crowther C, Walker S, Foord C, Warland J, Murphy M, Said J, Boyle F, O'Donoghue K, Cronin R, Sexton J, Weller M, McCowan L
Women Birth. 2019 Jan; 32(1):1-2
- Injecting drug use is an independent risk factor for reincarceration after release from prison: A prospective cohort study.
Winter RJ, Stoové M, Agius PA, Hellard ME, Kinner SA
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Prevalence of reagent test-kit use and perceptions of purity among ecstasy users in an electronic dance music scene in New York City.
Palamar JJ, Barratt MJ
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Genomic variability of within-host hepatitis C variants in acute infection.
Rodrigo C, Leung P, Lloyd AR, Bull RA, Luciani F, Grebely J, Dore GJ, Applegate T, Page K, Bruneau J, Cox AL, Osburn W, Kim AY, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Schinkel J, Prins M, Hellard M, Eltahla AA; InC3 Collaborative
J Viral Hepat. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Structural interventions and social suffering: Responding to amphetamine-type stimulant use among female entertainment and sex workers in Cambodia.
Coupland H, Page K, Stein E, Carrico A, Evans J, Dixon T, Sokunny M, Phou M, Maher L
Int J Drug Policy. 2019 Jan; 64:70-78
- Tripeptide analogues of MG132 as protease inhibitors.
Pehere AD, Nguyen S, Garlick SK, Wilson DW, Hudson I, Sykes MJ, Morton JD, Abell AD
Bioorg Med Chem. 2019 Jan; 27(2):436-441
- Synthesis and pharmacology of new psychoactive substance 5F-CUMYL-P7AICA, a scaffold hopping analogue of synthetic cannabinoid receptor agonists 5F-CUMYL-PICA and 5F-CUMYL-PINACA.
Banister SD, Adams A, Kevin RC, Macdonald C, Glass M, Boyd R, Connor M, McGregor IS, Havel CM, Bright SJ, Ventura M, Gil C, Barratt MJ, Gerona RR
Drug Test Anal. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Relationship between self-efficacy and HIV testing uptake among young men who have sex with men in Myanmar: a cross-sectional analysis.
Pham MD, Aung PP, Agius PA, Pasricha N, Oo SM, Tun W, Bajracharya A, Luchters S
Int J STD AIDS. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print:956462418791945
- Hepatitis C elimination among people who inject drugs: Challenges and recommendations for action within a health systems framework.
Day E, Hellard M, Treloar C, Bruneau J, Martin NK, Øvrehus A, Dalgard O, Lloyd A, Dillon J, Hickman M, Byrne J, Litwin A, Maticic M, Bruggmann P, Midgard H, Norton B, Trooskin S, Lazarus JV, Grebely J; International Network on Hepatitis in Substance Users (INHSU).
Liver Int. 2019 Jan; 39(1):20-30
- Aiming for the elimination of viral hepatitis in Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and Territories: where are we now and barriers to meeting WHO targets by 2030.
Howell J, Pedrana A, Cowie BC, Doyle J, Getehun A, Ward J, Gane E, Cunningham C, Wallace J, Lee A, Malani J, Thompson A, Hellard ME
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019 Jan; 34(1):40-48
- Molecular Dissection of an Inhibitor Targeting the HIV Integrase Dependent Pre-Integration Complex Nuclear Import.
Wagstaff KM, Headey S, Telwatte S, Tyssen D, Hearps AC, Thomas DR, Tachedjian G, Jans DA
Cell Microbiol. 2019 Jan; 21(1):e12953
- Plasmodium falciparum activates CD16+ dendritic cells to produce TNF and IL-10 in subpatent malaria.
Loughland JR, Woodberry T, Boyle MJ, Tipping PE, Piera KA, Amante FH, Kenangalem E, Price RN, Engwerda CR, Anstey NM, McCarthy JS, Minigo G
J Infect Dis. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Cost-effectiveness of 3 months of weekly rifapentine and isoniazid compared with other standard treatment regimens for latent tuberculosis infection: a decision analysis study.
Doan TN, Fox GJ, Meehan MT, Scott N, Ragonnet R, Viney K, Trauer JM, McBryde ES
J Antimicrob Chemother. 2019 Jan; 74(1):218-227
- Harm reduction strategies related to dosing and their relation to harms among festival attendees who use multiple drugs.
Fernández-Calderón F, Díaz-Batanero C, Barratt MJ, Palamar JJ
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The cell surface phenotype of human dendritic cells.
Clark GJ, Silveira PA, Hogarth PM, Hart DNJ
Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2019 Jan; 86(S1):3-14
- Improving hepatitis C direct-acting antiviral access and uptake: a role for patient-reported outcomes and lived-experience.
Goutzamanis S, Doyle J, Higgs P, Hellard M
J Viral Hepat. 2019 Jan; 26(2):218-223
- The global campaign to eliminate HBV and HCV infection: International Viral Hepatitis Elimination Meeting and core indicators for development towards the 2030 elimination goals.
Popping S, Bade D, Boucher C, van der Valk M, El-Sayed M, Sigurour O, Sypsa V, Morgan T, Gamkrelidze A, Mukabatsinda C, Deuffic-Burban S, Ninburg M, Feld J, Hellard M, Ward J
J Virus Erad. 2019 Jan; 5(1):60-66
- Comparing short versions of the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) in a military cohort.
Watterson J, Gabbe B, Dietze P, Bowring A, Rosenfeld JV
J R Army Med Corps. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Patterns in Reduction or Cessation of Drinking in Australia (2001-2013) and Motivation for Change.
Pennay A, Callinan S, Livingston M, Lubman DI, Holmes J, MacLean S, Herring R, Dietze P
Alcohol Alcohol. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Aiming for 90-90-90 - the importance of understanding the risk factors for HIV exposure and advanced HIV infection in migrant populations and other groups who do not report male-to-male sex.
Peach E, Lemoh C, Stoové M, Agius P, El Hayek C, Higgins N, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Acquisition of Antibodies Against Endothelial Protein C Receptor-Binding Domains of Plasmodium falciparum Erythrocyte Membrane Protein 1 in Children with Severe Malaria.
Rambhatla JS, Turner L, Manning L, Laman M, Davis TME, Beeson JG, Mueller I, Warrel J, Theander TG, Lavstsen T, Rogerson SJ
J Infect Dis. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Antibody Targets on the Surface of Plasmodium falciparum-Infected Erythrocytes That Are Associated With Immunity to Severe Malaria in Young Children.
Chan JA, Boyle MJ, Moore KA, Reiling L, Lin Z, Hasang W, Avril M, Manning L, Mueller I, Laman M, Davis T, Smith JD, Rogerson SJ, Simpson JA, Fowkes FJI, Beeson JG
J Infect Dis. 2019 Jan; 219(5):819-828.
- Five-year Changes in Methamphetamine Use, Dependence, and Remission in a Community-recruited Cohort.
Lanyon C, Nambiar D, Higgs P, Dietze P, Quinn B
J Addict Med. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Routine opioid outcome monitoring in community pharmacy: Pilot implementation study protocol.
Nielsen S, Kowalski M, Wood P, Larney S, Bruno R, Shanahan M, Lenton S, Dietze P, Green T, Murnion B, Ritter A
Res Social Adm Pharm. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Gonorrhoea gone wild: rising incidence of gonorrhoea and associated risk factors among gay and bisexual men attending Australian sexual health clinics.
Callander D, Guy R, Fairley CK, McManus H, Prestage G, Chow EPF, Chen M, Connor CCO, Grulich AE, Bourne C, Hellard M, Stoové M, Donovan B
Sex Health. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The field performance and diagnostic accuracy of a low-cost instrument-free point-of-care CD4 test (VISITECT(R) CD4) performed by different health worker cadres among pregnant women.
Luchters S, Technau K, Mohamed Y, Chersich MF, Agius PA, Pham MD, Garcia ML, Forbes J, Shepherd A, Coovadia A, Crowe SM, Anderson DA
J Clin Microbiol. 2019 Jan; 57(2):e01277-18
- Eliminate HIV (11)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (2)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (10)
- Eliminate Malaria (11)
- Maternal and Child Health (61)
- Disease Elimination (74)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (51)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (1)
- Health Security (Expansion Program) (30)
- Adolescent Health (0)
- Healthy Ageing (Expansion Program) (32)
- International Operations (1)
- Latest Research Advances (0)
- HIV and AIDS (17)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (2)
- Maternal and Child Health (13)
- Malaria (13)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (6)
- Hepatitis B (3)
- Hepatitis C (13)
- Injecting Drug Use (7)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (10)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (1)
- Young People's Health (4)
- Justice Health (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)