COVID-19 represents an unprecedented health, social and economic challenge in Australia and around the world. Support Burnet’s COVID-19 emergency response today.
December, 2018 (2)
- Geo-spatial analysis of individual-level needle and syringe coverage in Melbourne, Australia.
O'Keefe D, Wilkinson A, Aitken C, Dietze P
PLoS One. 2018 Dec; 13(12):e0209280
- Drug overdose in the ED: a record linkage study examining emergency department ICD-10 coding practices in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Di Rico R, Nambiar D, Stoové M, Dietze P
BMC Health Serv Res. 2018 Dec; 18(1):945
October, 2018 (1)
- Lifetime prevalence and correlates of self-harm and suicide attempts among male prisoners with histories of injecting drug use.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Dietze P, Armstrong G, Curtis M, Kinner SA, Ogloff JRP, Kirwan A, Stoové M
Health Justice. 2018 Oct; 6(1):19
September, 2018 (1)
- Acceptability of prison-based take-home naloxone programmes among a cohort of incarcerated men with a history of regular injecting drug use.
Curtis M, Dietze P, Aitken C, Kirwan A, Kinner SA, Butler T, Stoové M
Harm Reduct J. 2018 Sep; 15(1):48
August, 2018 (2)
- Analysis of time of drug use according to needle and syringe program operating hours in Melbourne, Australia: Effects on individual-level needle and syringe coverage.
O'Keefe D, Aitken C, Scott N, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2018 Aug; 191:259-265
- Should sterile needle and syringe wastage be included within individual-level needle and syringe coverage measures?
O'Keefe D, Aitken C, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Aug; 60:8-9
July, 2018 (2)
- Frequent experience of discrimination among people who inject drugs: Links with health and wellbeing.
Couto E Cruz C, Salom CL, Dietze P, Lenton S, Burns L, Alati R
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2018 Jul; 190:188-194
- Determining the effective dose of street-level heroin: A new way to consider fluctuations in heroin purity, mass and potential contribution to overdose.
Stam NC, Gerostamoulos D, Gerstner-Stevens J, Scott N, Smith K, Drummer OH, Pilgrim JL
Forensic Sci Int. 2018 Jul; 290:219-226
June, 2018 (1)
- Repeat participation in annual cross-sectional surveys of drug users and its implications for analysis.
Agius PA, Aitken CK, Breen C, Dietze PM
BMC Res Notes. 2018 Jun; 11(1):349
May, 2018 (5)
- Are there differences in individual-level needle and syringe coverage across Australian jurisdictions related to program policy? A preliminary analysis.
Hill P, O'Keefe D, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 May; 37(5): 653-657
- Measuring individual-level needle and syringe coverage among people who inject drugs in Myanmar.
O'Keefe D, Aung SM, Pasricha N, Wun T, Linn SK, Lin N, Aitken C, Hughes C, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 May; 58:22-30
- The impact of drug policy liberalisation on willingness to seek help for problem drug use: A comparison of 20 countries.
Benfer I, Zahnow R, Barratt MJ, Maier L, Winstock A, Ferris J
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 May; 56:162-175
- Knowledge of naloxone and take-home naloxone programs among a sample of people who inject drugs in Australia: Variations across capital cities.
Dietze PM, Stare M, Cogger S, Nambiar D, Olsen A, Burns L, Lenton S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 May; 37(4):457-463
- Assessing causality in drug policy analyses: How useful are the Bradford Hill criteria in analysing take-home naloxone programs?
Olsen A, McDonald D, Lenton S, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 May; 37(4):499-501
March, 2018 (1)
- The impact of OxyContin reformulation at the Sydney Medically Supervised Injecting Centre: Pros and cons.
Jauncey M, Livingston M, Salmon AM, Dietze P.
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Mar; 53:17-22
February, 2018 (4)
- Are people who inject drugs frequent users of emergency department services? A cohort study (2008-2013).
Nambiar D, Spelman T, Stoové M, Dietze P
Subst Use Misuse. 2018 Feb; 53(3):457-465
- Does training people to administer take-home naloxone increase their knowledge? Evidence from Australian programs.
Dietze PM, Draper B, Olsen A, Chronister KJ, van Beek I, Lintzeris N, Dwyer R, Nelson M, Lenton S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Feb; 37(4):472-479
- Predictors of injecting cessation among a cohort of people who inject drugs in Tijuana, Mexico.
Horyniak D, Strathdee SA, West BS, Meacham M, Rangel G, Gaines TL
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2018 Feb; 185:298-304
- The association between intentional overdose and same-sex sexual intercourse in a cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
O'Keefe D, Bowring A, Aitken C, Dietze P
Subst Use Misuse. 2018 Feb; 53(5):755-762
January, 2018 (7)
- Injection Drug Use Trajectories Among Migrant Populations: A Narrative Review.
Melo JS, Mittal ML, Horyniak D, Strathdee SA, Werb D
Subst Use Misuse. 2018 Jan; 53(9):1558-1570
- The associations of poor psychiatric well-being among incarcerated men with injecting drug use histories in Victoria, Australia.
Cossar R, Stoové M, Kinner SA, Dietze P, Aitken C, Curtis M, Kirwan A, Ogloff JRP
Health Justice. 2018 Jan; 6(1):1
- Sofosbuvir and velpatasvir for hepatitis C virus infection in people with recent injection drug use (SIMPLIFY): an open-label, single-arm, phase 4, multicentre trial.
Grebely J, Dalgard O, Conway B, Cunningham EB, Bruggmann P, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Bruneau J, Hellard M, Litwin AH, Marks P, Quiene S, Siriragavan S, Applegate TL, Swan T, Byrne J, Lacalamita M, Dunlop A, Matthews GV, Powis J, Shaw D, Thurnheer MC, Weltman M, Kronborg I, Cooper C, Feld JJ, Fraser C, Dillon JF, Read P, Gane E, Dore GJ; SIMPLIFY Study Group
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018 Jan; 3(3):153-161
- Findings and lessons learnt from implementing Australia's first health service based take-home naloxone program.
Chronister KJ, Lintzeris N, Jackson A, Ivan M, Dietze P, Lenton S, Kearley J, van Beek I
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Jan; 37(4):464-471
- Managing opioid overdose in pregnancy with take-home naloxone.
Blandthorn J, Bowman E, Leung L, Bonomo Y, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2018 Jan; 58(4):460-462
- Narratives of Young Men With Injecting Drug Use Histories Leaving Adult Prison.
Walker S, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol. 2018 Jan; ;62(12):3681-3707
- Assessing individual-level needle and syringe coverage parameters and the measurement of coverage in Melbourne, Australia: methods and impacts.
O'Keefe D, Scott N, Aitken C, Dietze P
J Public Health. 2018 Jan; 40(3):e336-e342
- Eliminate HIV (42)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (9)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (23)
- Eliminate Malaria (29)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (143)
- Disease Elimination (200)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (147)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Health Security (69)
- Healthy Ageing (93)
- HIV and AIDS (51)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (10)
- Maternal and Child Health (22)
- Malaria (32)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (7)
- Hepatitis B (4)
- Hepatitis C (27)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (26)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (19)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Young People's Health (12)
- Justice Health (3)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (3)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (3)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (9)
- Influenza (5)
- Global Adolescent Health (2)