COVID-19 represents an unprecedented health, social and economic challenge in Australia and around the world. Support Burnet’s COVID-19 emergency response today.
November, 2016 (1)
- Estimating the number of regular and dependent methamphetamine users in Australia, 2002-2014.
Dietze PM, Quinn B, Hughes C
Med J Aust. 2016 Nov; 205(9):425-426
October, 2016 (1)
- Benefits and barriers to expanding the availability of take-home naloxone in Australia: A qualitative interview study with service providers
Dwyer R, Fraser S, Dietze P
Drugs Edu Prev Policy. 2016 Oct; 23(5):388-396
September, 2016 (1)
- Resumption of injecting drug use following release from prison in Australia.
Winter RJ, Young JT, Stoové M, Agius PA, Hellard ME, Kinner SA
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016 Sep; 168:104-111
August, 2016 (2)
- Longitudinal changes in psychological distress in a cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Scott N, Carrotte ER, Higgs P, Cogger S, Stoové MA, Aitken CK, Dietze PM
Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2016 Aug; 168:140-146
- Individual-level needle and syringe coverage in Melbourne, Australia: a longitudinal, descriptive analysis.
O'Keefe D, Scott N, Aitken C, Dietze P
BMC Health Serv Res. 2016 Aug; 16(1):411
July, 2016 (1)
- Everything you always wanted to know about drug cryptomarkets* (*but were afraid to ask).
Barratt MJ, Aldridge J
Int J Drug Policy. 2016 Jul; 35:1-6
June, 2016 (1)
- Quality of Life and Social Functioning during Treatment of Recent Hepatitis C Infection: A Multi-Centre Prospective Cohort.
Doyle JS, Grebely J, Spelman T, Alavi M, Matthews GV, Thompson AJ, Dore GJ, Hellard ME; ATAHC Study Group.
PLoS One. 2016 Jun; 11(6):e0150655
May, 2016 (1)
- The role of living context in prescription opioid injection and the associated risk of hepatitis C infection.
Sacks-Davis R, Daniel M, Roy E, Kestens Y, Zang G, Ramos Y, Hellard M, Jutras Aswad D, Bruneau J
Addiction. 2016 May; 111(11):1985-1996
April, 2016 (3)
- 'What if you live on top of a bakery and you like cakes?'-Drug use and harm trajectories before, during and after the emergence of Silk Road.
Barratt MJ, Lenton S, Maddox A, Allen M
Int J Drug Policy. 2016 Apr; 35:50-57
- Syringe Stockpiling by Persons Who Inject Drugs: An Evaluation of Current Measures for Needle and Syringe Program Coverage.
McCormack AR, Aitken CK, Burns LA, Cogger S, Dietze PM
Am J Epidemiol. 2016 Apr; 183(9):852-860
- Intranasal naloxone soon to become part of evolving clinical practice around opioid overdose prevention.
Dietze, P, Cantwell K
Addiction. 2016 Apr; 111(4):584-586
March, 2016 (6)
- TreatMethHarm: An agent-based simulation of how people who use methamphetamine access treatment.
Lamy F, Quinn B, Dwyer R, Thomson N, Moore D, Dietze P
The Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation. 2016 Mar; 19(2):3
- How is methamphetamine typically purchased
and used in Melbourne, Australia? Reports from a
cohort of people who inject drugs.
Scott N, Caulkins JP, Dietze P
Addiction Research and Theory. 2016 Mar; 24(5):416-425
- Australia reschedules naloxone for opioid overdose.
Lenton SR, Dietze PM, Jauncey M
Med J Aust. 2016 Mar; 204(4):146-147
- Take-home naloxone programs and calls to emergency services.
Kirwan A, Curtis M, van Beek IA, Cantwell K, Dietze PM
Med J Aust. 2016 Mar; 204(4):143
- Drug testing, accuracy and harm reduction: a response to Barratt & Ezard.
Miller PG, Droste N, Curtis AJ, Pennay A, Jenkinson R
Addiction. 2016 Mar; 111(3):559-560
- It’s time: a case for trialling a needle and syringe program in Australian prisons.
HIV Australia. 2016 Mar; 14(1):6-8
February, 2016 (2)
- Differences in polysubstance use patterns and drug-related outcomes between people who inject drugs receiving and not receiving opioid substitution therapies.
Betts KS, Chan G, McIlwraith F, Dietze P, Whittaker E, Burns L, Alati R
Addiction. 2016 Feb; 111(7):1214-1223
- Public injecting and public amenity in an inner-city suburb of Melbourne, Australia.
Dwyer R, Power R, Denham G, Dietze P
J Subst Use. 2016 Feb; 21(2):162-169
January, 2016 (7)
- It stops with us: Peer responses increase availability of sterile injecting equipment.
Higgs P, Cogger S, Kelsall J, Gavin N, Elmore K, Francis P, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2016 Jan; 29:96-97
- Drug checking interventions can track the nature and size of the discrepancy between self-report and actual drugs consumed.
Barratt MJ, Ezard N
Addiction. 2016 Jan; 111(3):558-9
- From initiating injecting drug use to regular injecting: Retrospective survival analysis of injecting progression within a sample of people who inject drugs regularly.
O'Keefe D, Horyniak D, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016 Jan; 158:177-180
- Constructive activism in the dark web: cryptomarkets and illicit drugs in the digital 'demimonde'
Maddox A, Barratt MJ, Allen M, Lenton S
Information, Communication and Society. 2016 Jan; 19(1):111-126
- Age-related differences in patterns of criminal activity among a large sample of polydrug injectors in Australia.
Horyniak D, Dietze P, Degenhardt. L, Agius P, Higgs P, Bruno R, Alati R, Burns L
J Subst Abuse. 2016 Jan; 22(1):48-56
- One-year changes in methamphetamine use, dependence and remission in a community-recruited cohort.
Quinn B, Stoové MA, Dietze P
J Subst Use. 2016 Jan; 21(3):279-286
- Diversion and injection of buprenorphine-naloxone film two years post-introduction in Australia.
Larance B, Mattick R, Ali R, Lintzeris N, Jenkinson R, White N, Kihas I, Cassidy R, Degenhardt L
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2016 Jan; 35(1):83-91
- Eliminate HIV (28)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (3)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (22)
- Eliminate Malaria (0)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (3)
- Disease Elimination (8)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (7)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (1)
- Health Security (4)
- Healthy Ageing (3)
- HIV and AIDS (60)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (9)
- Maternal and Child Health (14)
- Malaria (47)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (18)
- Hepatitis B (5)
- Hepatitis C (25)
- Global infectious disease threats (4)
- Injecting Drug Use (26)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (25)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (10)
- Young People's Health (7)
- Justice Health (3)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (7)
- Zika Virus (1)
- Influenza (2)