Support second-generation COVID-19 vaccine research at Burnet.
December, 2011 (5)
- CD4+ T-cell deficiency in HIV patients responding to antiretroviral therapy is associated with increased expression of interferon-stimulated genes in CD4+ T cells.
Fernandez S, Tanaskovic S, Helbig K, Rajasuriar R, Kramski M, Murray JM, Beard M, Purcell D, Lewin SR, Price P, French MA.
J Infect Dis. 2011 Dec; 204(12):1927-1935
- Mycobacterial antibody levels and immune restoration disease in HIV patients treated in South East Asia.
Sumatoh HR, Oliver BG, Kumar M, Elliott JH, Vonthanak S, Vun MC, Singh S, Agarwal U, Kumar A, Tan HY, Kamarulzaman A, Yunihastuti E, Saraswati H, Price P.
Biomark Med. 2011 Dec; 5(6):847-853
- HIV infection and aging of the innate immune system.
Hearps AC, Angelovich TA, Jaworowski A, Mills J, Landay AL, Crowe SM
Sex Health. 2011 Dec; 8(4):453-464
- Non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis in Victoria, Australia: responding to high rates of re-presentation and low rates of follow-up.
Armishaw J, Hoy JF, Watson KM, Wright EJ, Price BG, Pierce AB
Int J STD AIDS. 2011 Dec; 22(12):714-718
- The role of naive T-cells in HIV-1 pathogenesis: an emerging key player.
Khoury G, Rajasuriar R, Cameron PU, Lewin SR
Clin Immunol. 2011 Dec; 141(3):253-267
November, 2011 (5)
- Outcomes from the first assisted reproduction program for HIV-serodiscordant couples in Australia.
Giles ML, Barak S, Baker G, Perna S, Tabrizi S, Greengrass V, Bourne H, Clarke GN, Peak SA, Hoy JF, Foster P, Knight RL; CVI Study Group
Med J Aust. 2011 Nov; 195(10):599-601
- Intensification of antiretroviral therapy with raltegravir or addition of hyperimmune bovine colostrum in HIV-infected patients with suboptimal CD4+ T-cell response: a randomized controlled trial.
Byakwaga H, Kelly M, Purcell DF, French MA, Amin J, Lewin SR, Haskelberg H, Kelleher AD, Garsia R, Boyd MA, Cooper DA, Emery S; CORAL Study Group
J Infect Dis. 2011 Nov; 204(10):1532-1540
- 8-Modified-2'-deoxyadenosine analogues induce delayed polymerization arrest during HIV-1 reverse transcription.
Vivet-Boudou V, Isel C, Sleiman M, Smyth R, Ben Gaied N, Barhoum P, Laumond G, Bec G, GÃ¶tte M, Mak J, Aubertin AM, Burger A, Marquet R
PLoS One. 2011 Nov; 6(11):e27456
- HIV-1 predisposed to acquiring resistance to maraviroc (MVC) and other CCR5 antagonists in vitro has an inherent, low-level ability to utilize MVC-bound CCR5 for entry.
Roche M, Jakobsen MR, Ellett A, Salimiseyedabad H, Jubb B, Westby M, Lee B, Lewin SR, Churchill MJ, Gorry PR
Retrovirology. 2011 Nov; 8:89
- Factors associated with elevated ALT in an international HIV/HBV co-infected cohort on long-term HAART.
Audsley J, Seaberg EC, Sasadeusz J, Matthews GV, Avihingsanon A, Ruxrungtham K, Fairley K, Finlayson R, Hwang HS, Littlejohn M, Locarnini S, Dore GJ, Thio CL, Lewin SR
PLoS One. 2011 Nov; 6(11):e26482
October, 2011 (4)
- Expression and reactivation of HIV in a chemokine induced model of HIV latency in primary resting CD4+ T cells.
Saleh S, Wightman F, Ramanayake S, Alexander M, Kumar N, Khoury G, Pereira C, Purcell D, Cameron PU, Lewin SR
Retrovirology. 2011 Oct; 8:80
- Role for the terminal clasp of HIV-1 gp41 in the initiation of membrane fusion.
Lay CS, Ludlow LE, Stapleton D, Bellamy-McIntyre AK, Ramsland PA, Drummer HE, Poumbourios P
J Biol Chem. 2011 Oct
- Brain cell reservoirs of latent virus in presymptomatic HIV-infected individuals.
Thompson KA, Cherry CL, Bell JE, McLean CA
Am J Pathol. 2011 Oct; 179(4):1623-1629
- Novel sensitive real-time PCR for quantification of bacterial 16S rRNA genes in plasma of HIV-infected patients as a marker for microbial translocation.
Kramski M, Gaeguta AJ, Lichtfuss GF, Rajasuriar R, Crowe SM, French MA, Lewin SR, Center RJ, Purcell DF
J Clin Microbiol. 2011 Oct; 49(10):3691-3693
September, 2011 (1)
- Repeated assessments of food security predict CD4 change in the setting of antiretroviral therapy.
McMahon JH, Wanke CA, Elliott JH, Skinner S, Tang AM
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2011 Sep; 58(1):60-63
August, 2011 (1)
- Does use of antiretroviral therapy regimens with high central nervous system penetration improve survival in HIV-infected adults?
McManus H, Li P, Nolan D, Bloch M, Kiertiburanakul S, Choi J, Mulhall B, Petoumenos K, Zhou J, Law M, Brew B, Wright E
HIV Med. 2011 Aug; 12(10):610-619
June, 2011 (1)
- Early events of HIV-1 infection: can signaling be the next therapeutic target?
Jones KL, Smyth RP, Pereira CF, Cameron PU, Lewin SR, Jaworowski A, Mak J
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2011 Jun; 6(2):269-283
April, 2011 (1)
- Biomarkers of immune dysfunction following combination antiretroviral therapy for HIV infection.
Lichtfuss GF, Hoy J, Rajasuriar R, Kramski M, Crowe SM, Lewin SR
Biomark Med. 2011 Apr; 5(2):171-186
February, 2011 (1)
- Labeling of multiple HIV-1 proteins with the biarsenical-tetracysteine system.
Pereira CF, Ellenberg PC, Jones KL, Fernandez TL, Smyth RP, Hawkes DJ, Hijnen M, Vivet-Boudou V, Marquet R, Johnson I, Mak J
PLoS One. 2011 Feb; 6(2):e17016
January, 2011 (2)
- A longitudinal study of the effects of ART on plasma chemokine levels in Malaysian HIV patients.
Chew CS, Cherry CL, Kamarulzaman A, Yien TH, Aghafar Z, Price P
Dis Markers. 2011 Jan; 31(5):303-309
- The variable regions of hepatitis C virus glycoprotein E2 have an essential structural role in glycoprotein assembly and virion infectivity.
McCaffrey K, Gouklani H, Boo I, Poumbourios P, Drummer HE
J Gen Virol. 2011 Jan; 92(Pt 1):112-121
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (1)
- Eliminate HIV (2)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (0)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (0)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (0)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (0)
- Eliminate Malaria (2)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (0)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (0)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (0)
- HIV and AIDS (21)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (3)
- Maternal and Child Health (3)
- Malaria (5)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (5)
- Hepatitis B (2)
- Hepatitis C (5)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (6)
- Healthy Ageing (1)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (8)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (2)
- Young People's Health (1)