COVID-19 represents an unprecedented health, social and economic challenge in Australia and around the world. Support Burnet’s COVID-19 emergency response today.
December, 2008 (2)
- Mechanisms of HIV non-progression; robust and sustained CD4+ T-cell proliferative responses to p24 antigen correlate with control of viraemia and lack of disease progression after long-term transfusion-acquired HIV-1 infection.
Dyer WB, Zaunders JJ, Yuan FF, Wang B, Learmont JC, Geczy AF, Saksena NK, McPhee DA, Gorry PR, Sullivan JS
Retrovirology. 2008 Dec; 5:112
- Working with West African migrant communities on HIV prevention in Australia.
Lemoh C, Biggs BA, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2008 Dec; 5(4):313-314
November, 2008 (4)
- Evaluating new CD4 enumeration technologies for resource-constrained countries.
Stevens W, Gelman R, Glencross DK, Scott LE, Crowe SM, Spira T
Nat Rev Microbiol. 2008 Nov; 6(11 Suppl):S29-S38
- Protease inhibitor therapy in resource-limited settings.
Elliott JH, Pujari S
Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2008 Nov; 3(6):612-619
- NeuroAIDS in the Asia Pacific Region.
Wright EJ, Nunn M, Joseph J, Robertson K, Lal L, Brew BJ
J Neurovirol. 2008 Nov; 14(6):465-473
- Risky sexual behaviour in context: qualitative results from an investigation into risk factors for seroconversion among gay men who test for HIV.
Elam G, Macdonald N, Hickson FCI, Imrie J, Power R, McGarrigle CA, Fenton KA, Gilbart VL, Ward H, Evans BG
Sex Transm Infect. 2008 Nov; 84(6):473-477
October, 2008 (2)
- Can we predict neuropathy risk before stavudine prescription in a resource-limited setting?
Affandi JS, Price P, Imran D, Yunihastuti E, Djauzi S, Cherry CL
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2008 Oct; 24(10):1281-1284
- Human dendritic cells pulsed with specific lipopeptides stimulate autologous antigen-specific T cells without the addition of exogenous maturation factors.
Jones KL, Brown LE, Eriksson EMY, Ffrench RA, Latour PA, Loveland BE, Wall DM, Roberts SK, Jackson DC, Gowans EJ
J Viral Hepat. 2008 Oct; 15(10):761-772
September, 2008 (2)
- Primary HIV-1 R5 isolates from end-stage disease display enhanced viral fitness in parallel with increased gp120 net charge.
Repits J, Sterjovski J, Badia-Martinez D, Mild M, Gray L, Churchill MJ, Purcell DFJ, Karlsson A, Albert J, Fenyo EM, Achour A, Gorry PR, Jansson M
Virology. 2008 Sep; 379(1):125-134
- Bioinformatic prediction programs underestimate the frequency of CXCR4 usage by R5X4 HIV type 1 in brain and other tissues.
Mefford ME, Gorry PR, Kunstman K, Wolinsky SM, Gabuzda D
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2008 Sep; 24(9):1215-1220
August, 2008 (6)
- Stigma, social reciprocity and exclusion of HIV/AIDS patients with illicit drug histories: a study of Thai nurses' attitudes.
Chan KY, Stoové MA, Reidpath DD
Harm Reduct J. 2008 Aug; 5:28
- Variable uptake of recommended interventions to reduce mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Australia, 1982-2005.
Giles ML, McDonald AM, Elliott EJ, Ziegler JB, Hellard ME, Lewin SR, Kaldor JM
Med J Aust. 2008 Aug; 189(3):151-154
- Physical activity uptake in patients with HIV: who does how much?
Fillipas S, Bowtell-Harris CA, Oldmeadow LB, Cicuttini F, Holland AE, Cherry CL
Int J STD AIDS. 2008 Aug; 19(8):514-518
- Mortality among injecting drug users in Melbourne: a 16-year follow-up of the Victorian Injecting Cohort Study (VICS).
StoovÃ© MA, Dietze PM, Aitken CK, Jolley D
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2008 Aug; 96(3):281-285
- A report on the effect of commencing enfuvirtide on peripheral neuropathy.
Cherry CL, Duncan AJ, Mackie KF, Wesselingh SL, Brew BJ
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2008 Aug; 24(8):1027-1030
- Pathogenesis and diagnosis of viral infections of the nervous system.
Wright EJ, Brew BJ, Wesselingh SL
Neurol Clin. 2008 Aug; 26(3):617-33
July, 2008 (4)
- Neurologic disorders are prevalent in HIV-positive outpatients in the Asia-Pacific region.
Wright E, Brew B, Arayawichanont A, Robertson K, Samintharapanya K, Kongsaengdao S, Lim M, Vonthanak S, Lal L, Sarim C, Huffam S, Li P, Imran D, Lewis J, Lun WH, Kamarulzaman A, Tau G, Ali ST, Kishore K, Bain MP, Dwyer R, McCormack G, Hellard M, Cherry C, McArthur J, Wesselingh S
Neurology. 2008 Jul; 71(1):50-56
- Efficacy trials of biomedical strategies to prevent HIV infection.
Kaldor JM, Guy RJ, Wilson D
Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2008 Jul; 3(4):504-508
- Immune reconstitution disease of the central nervous system.
Torok ME, Kambugu A, Wright E
Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2008 Jul; 3(4):438-445
- Heterosubtypic T-cell responses against avian influenza H5 haemagglutinin are frequently detected in individuals vaccinated against or previously infected with human subtypes of influenza.
Goy K, Von Bibra S, Lewis J, Laurie K, Barr I, Anderson D, Hellard M, Ffrench R
Influenza Other Respi Viruses. 2008 Jul; 2(4):115-125
June, 2008 (2)
- Characteristics of HIV diagnoses in Australia, 1993-2006.
Guy RJ, McDonald AM, Bartlett MJ, Murray JC, Giele CM, Davey TM, Appuhamy RD, Knibbs P, Coleman D, Hellard ME, Grulich AE, Kaldor JM
Sex Health. 2008 Jun; 5(2):91-96
- Mechanisms of inhibition of HIV replication by non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors.
Sluis-Cremer N, Tachedjian G
Virus Res. 2008 Jun; 134(1-2):147-156
May, 2008 (1)
- Phase 1 single dose studies to optimize the pharmacokinetics of DG17, a novel HIV-protease inhibitor pro-drug, using sodium bicarbonate and ritonavir.
Cherry CL, Hoy JF, Rowe JS, Krum H, Mills J, Lewin SR
Curr HIV Res. 2008 May; 6(3):272-275
March, 2008 (3)
- Evolution of DC-SIGN use revealed by fitness studies of R5 HIV-1 variants emerging during AIDS progression.
Borggren M, Repits J, Kuylenstierna C, Sterjovski J, Churchill MJ, Purcell DFJ, Karlsson A, Albert J, Gorry PR, Jansson M
Retrovirology. 2008 Mar; 5:28
- Impact of residues in the nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor binding pocket on HIV-1 reverse transcriptase heterodimer stability.
Figueiredo A, Zelina S, Sluis-Cremer N, Tachedjian G
Curr HIV Res. 2008 Mar; 6(2):130-137
- Response to Birbeck et al. Lack of appropriate treatment for people with comorbid HIV/AIDS and epilepsy in sub-Saharan Africa. [Epilepsia. 2007]
Wright E, Brew BJ, Lal L, Ali ST, Arayawichanont A, Imran D, Kamarulzaman A, Kongsaengdao S, Kruy L, Merati TP, Samintharapanya K, Sarim C, Tau G, Thangsing C, Vin-Samnang C, Wesselingh SL
Epilepsia. 2008 Mar; 49(3):541-543
February, 2008 (2)
- HIV-1 infection induces changes in expression of cellular splicing factors that regulate alternative viral splicing and virus production in macrophages.
Dowling D, Nasr-Esfahani S, Tan CH, O'Brien K, Howard JL, Jans DA, Purcell DFJ, Stoltzfus CM, Sonza S
Retrovirology. 2008 Feb; 5:18
- Cytokine genotype suggests a role for inflammation in nucleoside analog-associated sensory neuropathy (NRTI-SN) and predicts an individual's NRTI-SN risk.
Cherry CL, Rosenow A, Affandi JS, McArthur JC, Wesselingh SL, Price P
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2008 Feb; 24(2):117-123
January, 2008 (1)
- Building capacity and community resilience to HIV: a project designed, implemented, and evaluated by young Lao people.
Hoy D, Southavilay K, Chanlivong N, Phimphachanh C, Douangphachanh V, Toole MJ
Glob Public Health. 2008 Jan; 3(1):47-61
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (0)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (0)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (0)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (0)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (0)
- Eliminate Malaria (0)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (0)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (0)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (0)