CovMat is a national collaborative study that aimed to explore the experiences of receiving or providing maternity care during the CoVID-19 pandemic in Australia. A second arm of the study also examined the COVID-19 vaccine perceptions and intentions in women and health care providers.
The study included women of childbearing age and their partners, midwives, doctors providing maternity care and midwifery students.
This study is a collaboration between researchers and obstetricians and midwives at Curtin University, Deakin University, Burnet Institute and The University of Melbourne. The study contributes to the evidence around the process and impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the provision of maternity care in Australia.
The study is led by Dr Zoe Bradfield from Curtin University.
Commenced 2020 and in progress
- Receiving maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic: Experiences of women's partners and support persons.
Vasilevski V, Sweet L, Bradfield Z, Wilson AN, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Homer CSE, Szabo RA, Wynter K
Women Birth. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Experiences of receiving and providing maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia: A five-cohort cross-sectional comparison.
Bradfield Z, Wynter K, Hauck Y, Vasilevski V, Kuliukas L, Wilson AN, Szabo RA, Homer CSE, Sweet L
PLoS One. 2021 Mar; 16(3):e0248488
- Becoming a mother in the 'new' social world in Australia during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sweet L, Bradfield Z, Vasilevski V, Wynter K, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Homer CSE, Szabo RA, Wilson AN
Midwifery. 2021 Mar; 98:102996
- Midwives' experiences of providing maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia.
Bradfield Z, Hauck Y, Homer CSE, Sweet L, Wilson AN, Szabo RA, Wynter K, Vasilevski V, Kuliukas L
Women Birth. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- A cross sectional study of midwifery students' experiences of COVID-19: Uncertainty and expendability.
Kuliukas L, Hauck Y, Sweet L, Vasilevski V, Homer C, Wynter K, Wilson A, Szabo R, Bradfield Z
Nurse Educ Pract. 2021 Feb; 51:102988
- Covid-19 changes to maternity care: Experiences of Australian doctors.
Szabo RA, Wilson AN, Homer C, Vasilevski V, Sweet L, Wynter K, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Bradfield Z
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2021 Feb; 61(3):408-415