To achieve greater equity in health within vulnerable communities requires an urgent need to develop and promote new strategies, tools and policies.
Burnet is working with many communities to better understand and address the underlying factors that prevent access to crucial health care services such as family planning, postnatal and newborn care, vaccination, HIV prevention, care and support and nutrition.
The Global Health: policy, practice and community action Group contributes to:
- Improving sexual and reproductive health for men and women
- Advancement of gender equality, and prevention of gender-based violence
- Increasing the capacity of health professionals, researchers, policy makers through education and training
- Strengthening health systems so that they are more responsive to the health needs of individuals and communities
- Empowering communities to improve health seeking behaviours and health literacy
The Global Health: policy, practice and community action working groups works to achieve better health outcomes for vulnerable communities by:
- Strengthening health systems
- Improving service delivery
- Empowering communities