Christine Elmer is an award winning corporate affairs leader and an accredited Strategic Communication Management Professional with more than 20 years’ experience in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors in Australia. Her expertise includes reputation and brand stewardship, media and issues management, strategic communication, engagement (staff, stakeholder and community) and social marketing.
Passionate about professional development and advancing her profession, Christine has served on the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Board in Victoria where she was Chair of Student and Academic Liaison and global committees. For several years, she has judged the annual IABC Gold Quill Awards.
With degrees in leadership, marketing, communication and professional writing and editing, Christine is at her best when leading communication, marketing and engagement strategies in for-purpose organisations that have a strong mission and alignment with purpose.
She was appointed to her current role at Burnet Institute in November 2022.
- 2022: IABC Board Nominations Committee
- 2018-current: Member, Course Advisory Committee, Media and Communication Program, La Trobe University
- 2016-current: Evaluator/Judge, IABC Gold Quill Awards
- 2022: Executive General Manager, Burnet Institute
- 2020-22 Head of Strategic Communication/Head of Brand, Channels and Marketing, City of Boroondara
- 2020: Consultant, Corporate Affairs, Healthscope
- 2010-2019: Director of Marketing and Community Relations, Cabrini Health
- 2008-10: Director of Communication and Community Relations, Eastern Health
- 2007-08: Manager, Public Relations and Marketing, Rural Ambulance Victoria
- 2001-2007: National Public Relations Manager, AAMI
- 1997-2001: Special Projects Lead, VicRoads
- 1994-1997: Communication/Administration Officer, RMIT University
- 1992-97: Senior Consultant, Schreiber Public Relations
- 2022: Executive Leadership Program, University of Oxford
- 2013: Graduate Certificate in Leadership, Australian Catholic University
- 2001: Master of Business in Marketing, RMIT University
- 2001: Diploma of Arts in Professional Writing and Editing, RMIT University
- 1989: Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations, RMIT University
- 2017: Winner, Asia Pacific Communication Award for Issues and Reputation Management
- 2017: Outstanding Accomplishment, Asia Pacific Communication Award for Campaign By Institution/NGO
- 2017: Award of Commendation, PRSA Bronze Anvil Award
- 2016: IABC Gold Quill Excellence Award and Business Issue Award
- 2014: IABC Gold Quill Excellence Award and Best of the Best Award
- 2009: ARA Bronze Award
- 2002: ARA Bronze Award