Stalbek currently works in the Western Province of Papua New Guinea as a TB Specialist - Care and Treatment. He has experience of working in public (in Kyrgyzstan) and non-government medical organisations (“Medecins Sans Frontieres”), in particular in the field of TB/HIV and public health. Stalbek has clinical and research interests in global and public health, medical ethics, TB/HIV and COVID-19.
- 2017–ongoing: Member of Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Association
- 2021–2022: Project Medical Referent, ‘Management of noncommunicable diseases, women’s and children’s health, environmental health’ project, MSF/Kyrgyzstan.
- 2020–2021: Medical Activity Manager, ‘Management of noncommunicable diseases, women’s and children’s health, environmental health’ project, MSF/Kyrgyzstan.
- 2016–2019: Medical Doctor Supervisor, ‘Drug-resistant TB’ project, MSF/Kyrgyzstan.
- 2013–2016: Medical Doctor, ‘Drug-resistant TB’ project, MSF/Kyrgyzstan.
- 2011–2013: Medical Doctor, Osh Regional Centre for Prevention and Control of AIDS, Kyrgyzstan.
- 2007–2010: Neurologist, Batken Regional United Hospital, Kyrgyzstan.
- 2019–2020: MPH, University of Leeds, UK.
- 2005–2007: Postgraduate Study in Neurology, Kyrgyz State Medical Institute of Postgraduate and Continuous Education, Kyrgyzstan.
- 1999–2005: MBBS, Osh State University, Kyrgyzstan.
- 2019/2020: Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Master’s Study in Public Health
- Setting up pharmacovigilance based on available endTB Project data for bedaquiline.
N Lachenal, C Hewison, C Mitnick, N Lomtadze, S Coutisson, E Osso, S Ahmed, G Leblanc, S Islam, H Atshemyan, P Nair, B Kholikulov, S Aiylchiev, K Zarli, S Adnan, A Krisnanda, S Padayachee, A Stambekova, Y Sahabutdinova, S de Guadalupe, Perea Moreno, A Kumsa, A Reshid, J Makaka, S Abebe, N Melikyan, K J Seung, U Khan, P Khan, H Huerga, M Rich, F Varaine
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2020 Oct; 24(10):1087-1094
- Culture Conversion at 6 Months in Patients Receiving Delamanid-containing Regimens for the Treatment of Multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis.
Kwonjune J Seung, Palwasha Khan, Molly F Franke, Saman Ahmed, Stalbek Aiylchiev, Manzur Alam, Fauziah Asnely Putri, Mathieu Bastard, Wisny Docteur, Gary Gottlieb, Catherine Hewison, Shirajul Islam, Naira Khachatryan, Tinatin Kotrikadze, Uzma Khan, Andargachew Kumsa, Leonid Lecca, Yoseph Melaku Tassew, Nara Melikyan, Ye Yint Naing, Lawrence Oyewusi, Michael Rich, Stephen Wanjala, Askar Yedilbayev, Helena Huerga, Carole D Mitnick
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jul; 71(2):415-418