Sharon has extensive experience providing patient care to clients and management and mentoring support in both clinical and research settings. She currently works on the PRIME-TB project as a clinical mentor nurse at Burnet’s Papua New Guinea office.
With a background in midwifery, Sharon is a focused, determined individual with a passion for disease elimination research.
- Registered Nurse, Papua New Guinea Nursing Council
- Registered Midwife, Papua New Guinea Nursing Council
- 2021–current: Clinical Mentor Nurse (PRIME-TB Papua New Guinea & Republic of Indonesia Micro-Elimination of Tuberculosis), Burnet Institute
- 2017–2021: Midwife/Team Leader/Ultrasonographer, Women And Newborn Trial of Antenatal Intervention and Management (WAINTAM), Papua New Guinea Institution of Medical Research (PNGIMR)
- 2014–2016: Nursing Officer/Team Leader, Obstetric and Gynaecology Department, Port Moresby General Hospital
- 2022: Certificate of Completion, Programmatic and Clinical Management of DR-TB, the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), Online
- 2017: Certificate of Attendance on Early Pregnancy Assessment Ultrasound, Zedu Ultrasound Training Solutions, Melbourne, Australia
- 2016: Certificate in Emergency Obstetric Care, Papua New Guinea Nursing Council, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- 2016: Bachelor in Midwifery with Merit, Pacific Adventist University, Papua New Guinea
- 2013: Bachelor in Nursing, Pacific Adventist University, Papua New Guinea