Stuart has long term experience managing and advising international public health and nutrition development programs, hospitals and health system improvement initiatives covering governance and decentralising services, hospitals, health systems
strengthening, HIV AIDS management, systems and programs, change management programs, strengthening maternal and newborn quality of care and project managing improvements to health infrastructure and the provision of emergency services on country and sector wide programs in Africa, the Middle East and Asia under different donors including the World Bank, the Global Fund to Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria, the UK FCDO and multi donor health pool funds and grants.
- Team Leader FFP Pakistan Food Fortification Program 2018 – 2021
- Health Team Leader. Fiji Support Program Facility, 2018
- Team Leader. Health Pooled Fund (HPF), South Sudan, funded by DFID, USAID, EU, CIDA, SIDA. 2016 - February 2017-2018.
- Country Director / Team Leader Nepal Health Sector Support Program 2 and the Nepal transitional post-earthquake support for system strengthening and quality of care initiatives. DFID funded, 2013 – 2016
- Strategic Adviser. Program Management Evaluation and Learning Unit (PMEL), Sierra Leone, Options, DFID funded. August 2013.
- Team Leader. Reproductive Child Health support to the Ministry of Health and Sanitation, Sierra Leone, DFID funded, 2010 – 2013
- Special Adviser. To The Federal Minister of Health, Nigeria, DFID funded, Feb 2009 – March 2010
- Chief Operating Officer. National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), Nigeria, DFID; World Bank, 2004 – 2009
- Specialist Health Services Consultant Southeast Asia. January 2004 –December 2004. HLSP Consulting Limited, Southeast Asia.
- Hospital Management Consultant World Bank, Southeast Asia Office. Aug 2003.
- Technical Adviser Hospital Improvement Initiative, Ministry of Health & Welfare, Bangladesh. 1999 – 2003. DFID funded.
- Contract Consultant. May 1997 – May 1999. King Fahd Military Medical Complex, Ministry of Defense & Aviation (MODA), Saudi Arabia
- Chief Hospital Administrator Northwest Armed Forces Military Hospital Program, Ministry of Defense and Aviation (M.O.D.A) Saudi Arabia. 1991 – 1995
- Chief Executive Officer North Sydney Community Hospital. Special Project Manager for the Centre for Bone and Joint Diseases Ryde, Australia. May 1990 – June 1991. Northern Sydney Area Health Service.
- 1988: MHA, University of NSW, Sydney
- 2008: MPH International Health & Development, UNSW, Sydney.