Soula is an accomplished senior executive with broad business experience across many diverse environments such as not-for-profit, philanthropic, community, education, health, government, and clinical research areas.
Soula’s academic qualifications include a Bachelor of Applied Science with Honours and a Master in Business Administration (MBA). Soula has over fifteen years’ experience and responsibility in driving and supporting organisations develop business relationships with key stakeholders. In addition, Soula has extensive scientific research experience having worked in some of the leading research institutions in Australia and the USA.
Her role is advancing Burnet Institute’s mission of achieving better health for poor and vulnerable communities by fostering philanthropic giving through general fundraising and, more specifically, trusts and foundations.
- 2021: Co-President, Rotary Club of Manningham
- 2017 to present: Board Member Manningham Inclusive Community Housing (MICH) Joint Venture
- 2013–2019: Director (ex-officio) Centre for Palliative Care Foundation Ltd
- 2013–2019: Executive Director and Advisory Member of Victorian Palliative Medicine Training Program
- 2013–2017: Executive Member of End of Life Care Coordinating Program (VEC)
- 2011–ongoing: Director, (Secretary & Public Officer) of the Rotary Club of Manningham
- 2007–2013: Corporate Secretary and Public Officer of the Victorian Prostate Cancer Research Consortium
- 2007 -2013: Committee Member of Australian and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate Cancer Trials Group
- 2009–2013: Committee Member of the Australian-Canadian Prostate Cancer Research Alliance
- 2009–2013: Committee Member Victorian Cooperative Oncology Group, Urological Cancer
- 2020–2021: Engagement & Development Manager, LiverWELL (trading as Hepatitis Victoria)
- 2019–2020: Executive, Trusts and Foundations, Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
- 2013–2019: Head of Operations, St Vincent’s Hospital (Melbourne), Centre for Palliative Care
- 2007–2013: Chief Executive Officer, Victorian Prostate Cancer Research Consortium
- 2009–2011: Executive Officer, Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre
- 2005–2007: Business Manager, Research Division, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- 2001–2005: Business Development Manager, CESAR (ARC – Special Research Centre), La Trobe University
- 2000–2001: Senior Project Officer, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- 1996–1999: Research Officer, Howard Hughes Fellowship recipient, Harvard Medical School
- 1995–1996: Research Officer, Walter & Eliza Hall Institute for Medical Research
- 1993–1994: Research Officer, Human Genome Project, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research
- MBA, La Trobe University
- BSc (Hons), The University of Melbourne
- 2021, 2019 and 2016 Paul Harris Fellow Recognition Award (Rotary International).
- 2015 Menzies Community Australia Day Award
- 2004 Dean’s Commendation for Academic Excellence, La Trobe University MBA