Lakshmi is a public health registrar undertaking advanced training with the Australian Faculty of Public Health Medicine. She has a Masters of Public Health from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, and has worked as a researcher at the University of Oxford in the Epidemic Diseases Research Group, focussing on vaccine epidemiology.
She has particular interests in infectious diseases, outbreak response and health policy.
- 2021- present: Public Health Registrar, Burnet Institute
- 2019-2021: Medical epidemiologist, University of Oxford
- 2020-2021: Tier 1 Contact tracing practitioner, Public Health England
- 2015: Clinical Service Re-design lead, Fremantle Hospital and Health Service
- 2020: MSc Public Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- 2014: Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery, University of Western Australia
EC Australia: Eliminate Hepatitis C Australia Partnership
The Optimise Study: Optimising Isolation, Quarantine and Distancing for COVID-19
- Chemoprophylaxis trial designs in epidemics: insights from a systematic review of COVID-19 study registrations.
Lakshmi Manoharan, Piero Olliaro, Peter W Horby, Conall H Watson
Trials. 2021 May; 22(1):370
- Evaluating clinical characteristics studies produced early in the Covid-19 pandemic: A systematic review.
Lakshmi Manoharan, Jonathan W S Cattrall, Carlyn Harris, Katherine Newell, Blake Thomson, Mark G Pritchard, Peter G Bannister, Louise Sigfrid, Tom Solomon, Peter W Horby, Gail Carson, Piero Olliaro
PLoS One. 2021 May; 16(5):e0251250