Gladys is a Paediatrician at the Child Health Department, Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, and part-time clinical tutor at the same department with the University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry, College of Health Sciences, Accra, Ghana.
She recently completed her Master of Public Health degree at The University of Melbourne. Her areas of interest are infectious diseases (HIV, TB and Malaria), nutrition and newborn care.
Gladys is an experienced Master Trainer for neonatal resuscitation and essential care for every baby (ECEB) in Ghana and has helped train many health workers.
With her new skill set in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Gladys is exploring opportunities for collaborative research, especially, in paediatric populations.
- 2020-ongoing: Executive Female, Greater Accra Division, Ghana Medical Association (GMA)
- 2006 – 2020: Treasurer, Greater Accra Division, GMA
- 2009 – 2016: Member, Board of Trustees, GMA Pension Fund (now GMA Fund)
- 2012 – ongoing: Member, Ghana College of Physicians
- 2012 – ongoing: Member, West African College of Physicians
- 2011 – ongoing: Member, Paediatric Society of Ghana
- 2005 – ongoing: Ghana Medical Association
- 2012 – ongoing: Specialist Paediatrician, Child Health Department, Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Accra, Ghana
- 2013 – ongoing: Part-time Clinical Tutor, Department of Child Health, University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry, College of Health Sciences, Accra, Ghana
- 2020: MPH, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2012: MWACP, West African College of Physicians
- 2012: MGCP, Ghana College of Physicians
- 2005: MBChB, University of Ghana Medical School, Accra, Ghana
- 2001: BSc, University of Ghana, Accra, Ghana
- 2019-2020: Australia Awards Africa Scholarship
- 2017: GMA Fund Award for immeasurable contribution and hard work in growing the GMA Fund
- 2005: Akuaba Prize for best graduating student in Primary Health Care (Community Paediatrics), University of Ghana