Katie is a Research Officer under the Viral Hepatitis Elimination Program, working on improving treatment access for hepatitis C. Her interests are health equity & economics, infectious disease epidemiology and health policy. Her research approach is interdisciplinary, using a combination of mathematical modelling and empirical work.
Katie is a consultant for the World Health Organization, developing tools and policy for national strategic planning in maternal and child health. Katie also works on health economics in relation to HIV, hepatitis C and tuberculosis treatment, and on vector-borne disease control.
- 2020 - ongoing - Research Officer, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- 2018 - ongoing - Consultant, World Health Organization, Department of Reproductive Health & Research, Geneva, Switzerland
- 2018 - 2018 - Environmental Scientist, Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE), São José dos Campos, Brazil
- 2016 - Scientific Enterprise Consultant, The Nasio Trust, Musanda, Western, Kenya
- 2014 - 2015 - Research Officer, International Prevention Research Institute (IPRI), Lyon, France
- 2012 - Research Assistant, University of Strathclyde, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Glasgow, UK
- 2019 - PhD Zoology, University of Oxford
- 2014 - MSc Epidemiology, Imperial College London
- 2013 - BA Philosophy, University of Cambridge
News Articles (1)