Dr Odunayo Johnson Alakaye is an experienced Medical Doctor and a strong TB advocate with a demonstrated history of working in hospitals and also not for profit healthcare industries. Skilled in clinical research, medical education and clinical epidemiology.
He is highly experienced in both clinical and programmatic management of drug resistant tuberculosis and HIV with country level scale up using new and repurposed TB drugs in 5 countries as well as clinical trial.
A healthcare services professional with a Master’s Degree focused in Clinical Epidemiology.
- Member of WHO Global Task Force on MDR-TB
- Global TB Consilium Expert of World Association for Infectious Diseases and Immunological Disorders
- Member of The Union
- Member of International AIDS Society
- Member of Southern Africa HIV Clinicians Society
- 2018 : PMDT Technical Advisor/ Clinical Consultant, Challenge TB, Malawi
- 2018 : Technical Assistance Consultant/MDR-TB Clinical Consultant, Stop TB Partnership/UNOPS
- 2017 : Medical Officer/Field Coordinator, TB Disease Prevalence Survey, UNDP, Namibia
- 2015 - 2017 : EndTB National Principal Investigator, Partners in Health
- 2013 - 2017 : DR-TB/HIV Physician, Partners In Health
- 2018 : MSc Clinical Epidemiology, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- 2016 : Cert Therapeutic Resistance in Infectious Diseases, MPI, Germany
- 2014 : Diploma, Advance Clinical HIV Management and Res, College of Family Physician of South Africa
- 2013 : Cert Global TB Clinical Mgt and Research, Johns Hopkins Uni, USA
- 2010 : MBBS, Ambrose Alli University, Nigeria
- 2016 : Study Grant, Harvard Medical School, USA
- 2015 : DAAD Scholarship